Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what have you done with your free time.

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Getting chased by debt collector during pandemic. they are just evil.
    Ungood
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Po_gg said:
    What is a significant change, however, is the much less time spent with moving out. With order-in food and groceries, baking at home, etc., now that I've counted back in the last three weeks I've only left the house two times...
    And as Sovrath, I too put that extra time in looking at the screen: movies and series.

I wish I had delivery services like you, but I live in a small town of about 2500 folks. My delivery consists of 2 restaurants (Casey's and and an overly expensive sit down restaurant) here in town. I do have a local grocery but they charge more than the 2 gallons of gas to drive 25 miles (each way) to Wal-Mart for most items.

And GAS! It's down to almost $1.50 here!!!!
    UngoodPo_gg

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited May 2020
    AlBQuirky said:

I wish I had delivery services like you, but I live in a small town of about 2500 folks. My delivery consists of 2 restaurants (Casey's and and an overly expensive sit down restaurant) here in town. I do have a local grocery but they charge more than the 2 gallons of gas to drive 25 miles (each way) to Wal-Mart for most items.

Living in a major city I've come to expect a certain level of services.

Imagine my surprise at Christmas when I arrived in my old home town, a small town, and was too late for hotel room service. No worries, I'll just order food to be delivered.

What followed was no food delivery, an excursion to the convenience store next door, finding out it was closed, and eating sesame sticks and kind bars for my Christmas Eve dinner.

I was never so happy to get back to "civilization!"

UngoodAlBQuirkycheyanePo_ggNanfoodlestrawhat0981
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Quit Eve, pretty much stopped playing most video games. Painted all of Blood Rage except the new expansion and Mice amd Mystics, lol
    AlBQuirky
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Messed up my knee, and having knee replacement surgery done for my 50th B-day.
    AlBQuirky
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Sovrath said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Living in a major city I've come to expect a certain level of services.

Imagine my surprise at Christmas when I arrived in my old home town, a small town, and was too late for hotel room service. No worries, I'll just order food to be delivered.

What followed was no food delivery, an excursion to the convenience store next door, finding out it was closed, and eating sesame sticks and kind bars for my Christmas Eve dinner.

I was never so happy to get back to "civilization!"

I grew up in an area close to a jungle. No running water or electricity when you like. Just generators so I appreciate every single luxury I have these days but I also miss my childhood. 
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I dont have any new found free time. I have a job, and I'm still doing that job, nothing has changed for me.  But if I did I suppose I would be driving around spreading C19 and using all my free time to do it.
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2020
    Drinking countless Monster Energy drinks and wondering why i can't sleep lol.

Goto comedy is always good for the soul...

Maniscalco,Caparulo "meet cap",Peters,Brian Reagan,John Pinette,Bret Ernst,Louie Anderson,Reg D Hunter has a great hour long skit out there.
    Love watching old Jay leno stuff when he goes on the street testing how dumb people are with simple questions.Some of the wrong answers people give to simple questions is just hilarious.

Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I tried to put on some suit pants and what do you know? They don't fit. Likely the coronasnacks. 
    NyghthowlerAlBQuirkyUngood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Amathe said:
    I tried to put on some suit pants and what do you know? They don't fit. Likely the coronasnacks. 

If you put them on backwards, would they become a pant suit?

Running!
    AmatheUngood

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited July 2020
    Volunteering weekly in my community, helping people cope with the isolation and other problems because of covid. Also playing lots of GW2. :) Also been working out more. Got me a set of Bowflex 552 weights and doing 5x5 weight training. 
    Ungood[Deleted User]
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Woke up, peed, groomed, ate, gamed, exercised, gamed, slept.  Rinse and Repeat.
    NanfoodleUngood
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Huntrezz said:
    Woke up, peed, groomed, ate, peed, gamed,, exercised, peed, gamed, slept,.

Rinse and Repeat.
    Edited for when you are older.
    SovrathNanfoodleAlBQuirkyTuor7strawhat0981[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Huntrezz said:
    Woke up, peed, groomed, ate, peed, gamed,, exercised, peed, gamed, slept,.

Rinse and Repeat.
    Edited for when you are older.
    You forgot at the end it goes, slept, peed, slept, peed, slept
    AmatheUngoodAlBQuirkykitaradstrawhat0981[Deleted User]
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited July 2020
    I just finished the Trails in the Sky trilogy. It was a long, arduous journey and many feels were had.

Olivier/Olivert is one of my favorite video game characters ever.

Now I'm starting Trails of Cold Steel and my early impressions are really positive.
    Post edited by Aeander on
    Nanfoodlekitarad
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Ungood said:
    Since this all started, and my friends had already dragged me back to GW2, I finally screwed around enough to finish my first legendray.

So what have you all been doing with your newfound freetime?

new free time?
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I've been playing my regular online games (The Elder Scrolls Online and Star Trek Online). And recently Red Dead Redemption 1 on my XBox 1.

I finished Red Dead Redemption 2 a few months back and decided to fire up the previous version. Totally loving it!  I am about to load my winchester as we speak. lol
    Ungood said:
    Since this all started, and my friends had already dragged me back to GW2, I finally screwed around enough to finish my first legendray.

So what have you all been doing with your newfound freetime?

new free time?
    Ya I am still working full time. I hope that keep happening but I am enjoying the extra time I have by doing most things from home. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Aeander said:
    I just finished the Trails in the Sky trilogy. It was a long, arduous journey and many feels were had.

Now I'm starting Trails of Cold Steel and my early impressions are really positive.
    I read this and went and decided to replay the Trails in the Sky just downloaded the first one off steam. 

edited July 2020
    kitarad said:
    Aeander said:

I read this and went and decided to replay the Trails in the Sky just downloaded the first one off steam. 
    They really are special JRPGs. I only recently discovered Nihon Falcom with YS 8 Lacrimosa of Dana last year or early this year, but I admire their ambition.
    edited July 2020
    Aeander said:
    kitarad said:
    Aeander said:

They really are special JRPGs. I only recently discovered Nihon Falcom with YS 8 Lacrimosa of Dana last year, but I admire their ambition.
    I wish I could play the YS series but it is too hard for me. I cannot do that type of combat no matter how hard I wish it. I do love JRPGs so much. Every one I can play I buy even when I have not much time to play them.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    I have focused on gaining weight and getting fat.   I am succeeding.   It seems the key is to eat more food and not leave the house to do anything.

kitaradAlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I have focused on gaining weight and getting fat.   I am succeeding.   It seems the key is to eat more food and not leave the house to do anything.

I actually lost weight during this lock down since I was doing different types of exercises to keep fit at home.
    UngoodAlBQuirky[Deleted User]

kitarad said:
    Aeander said:
    kitarad said:
    Aeander said:

They really are special JRPGs. I only recently discovered Nihon Falcom with YS 8 Lacrimosa of Dana last year, but I admire their ambition.
    I wish I could play the YS series but it is too hard for me. I cannot do that type of combat no matter how hard I wish it. I do love JRPGs so much. Every one I can play I buy even when I have not much time to play them.
    Dana has an easy mode, and Hummel has a generous counter frame window, so you probably could clear the game.

That said, I recommend watching someone play the game if you truly can't play it. It's truly special, and if I had played it before my top 10 games of the decade/all time thread, it definitely would have landed on there.
    kitarad
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Teaching my kid programming and game design by making gaming quiz programs. To get the screenshots for each game in the quizzes, we played the game ourselves. That meant a whole lot of setting up old systems and emulators. We have two done and we're working on a third (racing games) right now. 

FPS Quiz - https://lynxjsa.itch.io/fps-quiz  
    RPG Quiz - https://lynxjsa.itch.io/rpg-quiz 

Ungood[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?