Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attend the Wedding of Aragorn and Arwen in LOTRO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAttend the Wedding of Aragorn and Arwen in LOTRO

How would you like to attend a wedding? Well, you can do just that in Lord of the Rings Online as you celebrate the wedding of Aragon and Arwen.

Read the full story here

Erillion

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Not sure Arwen's ex's will get a RSVP but I will keep an eye on the post. ;)
    kitaradSovrath
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is really cool. Glad they are doing it.
    kitaradScotOzmodanPirraya

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Would be nice, yet...
    developers were "wise" to put mass event in area of heavy lag. MT lags even with few players around. Now, half of server comes...and wellcome, heaviest lag.
    Not sure if I would make it before August, to participate in any quest.

Dear developers, please consider that MT and Pelenor fields are areas that lag heavily. Thus, please, do not put any mass events there.
    Po_ggOzmodan
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2020
    Yep... festivals and seasonal events are placed to the lowbie zones for a reason, namely to "pull back" players (or at least a chunk of them) from the higher and more congested areas.
    It puts extra load to those zones, on peak hours makes them even a bit laggy, but there ain't (much) harm in that considering the fairly low number of non-festival players there, the lowbies, below 15-20.

MT is still pretty much an endgame hub, and due to its size and textures it always was laggy. I doubt it's a smart decision to squeeze all the festival-goer characters on top of its regular load...

ed: and a big middle finger for the pvp-induced class changes.
    Ozmodan
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited July 2020
    Spoiler alert, this is how their story ends...

In the year 121 of the Fourth Age, after Aragorn's death, Arwen died of a broken heart at Cerin Amroth in Lórien, and was buried there one year after the death of Aragorn, to whom she had been wedded for 122 years."

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Arwen
    OzmodanTacticalZombehPirrayalotrloreSovrathIselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Kyleran said:

In the year 121 of the Fourth Age, after Aragorn's death, Arwen died of a broken heart at Cerin Amroth in Lórien, and was buried there one year after the death of Aragorn, to whom she had been wedded for 122 years."

SovrathKyleran
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Kyleran said:

True love.

Have fun (while it lasts)
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Aragorn is a total playboy....He will be away from home all the time in search of other maidens...Arwen can do better!
    SovrathKyleran
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Kyleran said:

They were married for 122 years, at least. That's a pretty good run.
    KyleranFrodoFragins
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    ...Aragorn. Dont do it bro.
  • fyodor29fyodor29 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited July 2020
    Not the strongest Update by any means. A tedious festival and a bypass system aimed at those who could not solo their way out of a paper-bag. All those flags and bunting make Minas Tirith look ridiculous too. However, a big plus is that they seem to have eliminated the flickering textures.
    Post edited by fyodor29 on
    Ozmodan
    edited July 2020
    Aragorn is a total playboy....He will be away from home all the time in search of other maidens...Arwen can do better!
    Maybe she can't... what if it's in their blood since Lúthien? A certain kink to marry short-lived husbands?

You don't see elven guys to marry from the race of man, and with elven lasses too there's only the lasses from that line. (Unless you count that one, out-of-lore wood elf chick with a certain dwarven affection in PJ's movie :D )

The hereditary pattern is there too, Lúthien picks a short-lived hubby, they have a son and an elven daughter-in-law,
    their daughter picks a short-lived hubby, (Lúthien's granddaughter)
    they have a son and an elven daughter-in-law (and two more kids)
    their girl Arwen picks a short-lived hubby (Lúthien's great-great-granddaughter)

Probably that's where the pattern ends though, they have a son but he wasn't halfelven and in the Fourth Age he most likely couldn't find a proper elf lass to marry...
    Sovrath
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    Tuor married Idril, and she was not of Luthien's line.
    ScotPo_gg
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    edited July 2020
    Tuor7 said:
    Another one of Po_gg's Elven conspiracy theories has been laid to rest, Luthien was the fairest maiden of them all, not some kinky hoe. ;)
    Po_gg
    Scot said:
    Tuor7 said:
    Another one of Po_gg's Elven conspiracy theories has been laid to rest, Luthien was the fairest maiden of them all, not some kinky hoe. ;)
    Wait, what? You got something against feet? I'll just say Idril is called 'Silverfoot' for a reason, and I'm not complaining. :P
    Scot
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Tuor7 said:
    Scot said:
    Tuor7 said:
    Wait, what? You got something against feet? I'll just say Idril is called 'Silverfoot' for a reason, and I'm not complaining. :P

I certainly have something against feet! :o
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    You're just jealous. OTOH, if she were called 'Silverhoof', I'd feel a lot more conflicted.
    Tuor7 said:
    Really good call, I was so into the neat pattern I missed that one... there goes my theory out of the window. 

The pattern goes with it as well, since the middle step wasn't accurate either - easy to forget Elrond's dad wasn't a mere man, but a half-elven himself.

Shoot, I need to be more thorough with theories in the future :) 
    Scot