Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fully functioning City of Heroes code released, public server now open!

15678911»

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Brought back up by spam, but fun to see the old commentary as the  freed game continues to chug along a year later.
    AlBQuirky

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• IzzinIzzin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    I agree, it is interesting to see this jump up on the current threads..
    As I was skimming this threat it made me think:

To bad we can not petition GoG service to see if they could license and run some of the older games that have since expired. They have had success adapting and re-releasing games that have been abandoned int he past.

I would be willing to pay a service like GoG a flat monthly fee to have access to some of the older MMO's of our past. 
    Blaze_Rocker
  • dynamoleddisplaysdynamoleddisplays Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    For the past six years, a secret City of Heroes emulator project has been quietly running using game data from the original servers, meaning players could, potentially, resurrect their lost heroes and play City of Heroes as it existed back in 2012. Until now, public knowledge of this server has been considered an urban myth, condemned in the few City of Heroes communities that remain to this day. But thanks to a YouTuber and some investigative work by MassivelyOP, that secret is now out in the open, and it's tearing the last vestiges of the City of Heroes community apart.