Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Provides Update On Crucible, Moving It Back To Closed Beta

2»

Comments

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Tried the game and didn't like it. Something in combat and the overall flow of the game felt... hollow? Something was missing.

I respect this move, taking a step back to make meaningful changes to a game is something I wish a lot of developers would do instead of going full-steam ahead with their choices.

I'm curious whether this sets a bad precedent or not. Developers going back a step for development could make some messy situations. My biggest worry is going from release to early access.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Kyleran said:

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.
    Or... most games released these days are actually shit.

I'm going with that theory.

I would agree... if there was a game that was released in which 99% of the people didn't bash it nonstop.

If there were games there were deemed decent in these forums, it would negate this theory... but I can't think of one. Feel free to name a game released in the last ten years that wasn't overwhelmingly bashed by most of the people here.

The only one that comes to mind is Wolcen. It had a mixed set of opinions upon release but that didn't last long. Last I looked, most posts were bashing that game too.

So when you say "most games released these days are actually shit", what you mean is every game released these days is shit according to these forums.

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    edited July 2020

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.

I just come here for the lawlz.

Nothing here should be taken seriously, ever. 
    [Deleted User]
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2020

Kyleran said:

remsleep said:

Or... most games released these days are actually shit.

I'm going with that theory.

The problem with this theory nowadays is that sometimes the game is actually shit. Other times, a popular reviewer says is shit and everyone jumps aboard just because their favorite people said it. Double edge sword.
    BruceYeeultimateduck

• mizzomizzo Newbie CommonPosts: 4

I honestly respect this.

me too! i was so shocked playing this when it was released. lets see what they can make out of the game...
  • QQMorePleaseQQMorePlease Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Ever talk to an Amazon recruiter for Software Development of any type?

Their opening line is literally: "I've know you probably heard some bad things about the work environment at Amazon, do you have any questions?"

......the work environment & salaries compared to other high tier shops isn't competitive 'cause the suits sucks