Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Patch Notes Address Several Additions to Animations

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePantheon: Rise of the Fallen Patch Notes Address Several Additions to Animations

Animation work was the latest focus of the most recent Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen dev stream.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    cant wait to play this game. the Devs are doing things right.
    Nanfoodle

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Mensur said:

cant wait to play this game. the Devs are doing things right.

Though I am looking forward to this . I can't agree with your statement since development has been going on for so long and still no end in sight
    ZenJelly
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's great they are sharing information.
    ZenJellyNanfoodleTacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    In case anyone was wondering, teleporting is a class specific skill for wizards and druids.

Wizard:
    Order of the Gatewalkers

Epic Skill. Wizards have the opportunity to prove themselves worthy of joining the Order of the Gatewalkers, consisting of Wizards who have mastered the power to travel through the Gateways that exist on Terminus. This prestigious order of Wizards has maintained a steady watch over these Gateways for ages, guarding their secrets and protecting them from destruction. The worthy Wizards who join this Order are expected to do the same.

Druid:
    Wandering Stones

Explorers have noted the presence of ancient, iridescent stones that stand within shrines hidden amid the groves and wilds of Terminus. These stones have come to be known as “Wandering Stones” and are seething with Druidic magic. Because of this, it is rumored that Druids are somehow able to attune to these Wandering Stones and travel between them. And perhaps there is even more to these stones than most realize...
    perrin82
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    I wonder how they will challenge the idea that players will cap out in the very first month.I really do not think they even thought about it in the design at all.

If players are level 30 in 2-3 days,they have another 28 days at 2 levels a day and will be 80+.This is why these designs fail so badly.

I still worry about the game after only one month becomes a 24/7 end game grind and the entire rest of the game is a fast distant memory.

On a side note,in that video i see what looks like a lot of simple architecture,a lot of rectangles.
    ZenJellyTacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Wizardry said:

I wonder how they will challenge the idea that players will cap out in the very first month.I really do not think they even thought about it in the design at all.

If players are level 30 in 2-3 days,they have another 28 days at 2 levels a day and will be 80+.This is why these designs fail so badly.

I still worry about the game after only one month becomes a 24/7 end game grind and the entire rest of the game is a fast distant memory.

On a side note,in that video i see what looks like a lot of simple architecture,a lot of rectangles.

Where did you come up with players will hit max level in 30 days?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Another time-wasting video.  Here's a brief synopsis and my impression.

First, the show a teaser of an incomplete new website.  This took up the first 5 minutes of the video.  Possibly an important step for VR, but doesn't help sell the game.  Feel the magic of navigating a website for the first time!  Followed by a lengthy explanation of the website.

The second actual imagery (not talking heads) shows cinematic views of a zone, with a lot of discussion of why the zone was relocated in the zone.  (To make the world seem bigger).  This was a compilation of video images that have already been done, mashed together.  About halfway through the overly-long discussion, the compilation repeats. 

At around the 20 minute mark, the video drops back to the safe (and incredibly boring) talking-heads format for the remainder of the video.  Nothing to see here, so I didn't stick around much.

This entire video had the feel of a report to senior management or a big money investor, presented by developers who didn't want to be involved.  Their lack of passion seems to want to smack me in the face, at times.

Still, Pantheon seems to be slogging along, development-wise and the images are nice enough.  There was no sign of the animation improvements that the OP boasted of.  No characters on the screen, and no characters doing things were shown.

Summary: if you're hoping to see actual images of work completed, you won't find it here.  If you're hanging on every word of these developers, there might be something interesting buried in the chatter.

I'm wondering why I watched this in the first place.

NanfoodleKyleranRemali

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Mendel said:
    Another time-wasting video.  Here's a brief synopsis and my impression.

First, the show a teaser of an incomplete new website.  This took up the first 5 minutes of the video.  Possibly an important step for VR, but doesn't help sell the game.  Feel the magic of navigating a website for the first time!  Followed by a lengthy explanation of the website.

The second actual imagery (not talking heads) shows cinematic views of a zone, with a lot of discussion of why the zone was relocated in the zone.  (To make the world seem bigger).  This was a compilation of video images that have already been done, mashed together.  About halfway through the overly-long discussion, the compilation repeats. 

At around the 20 minute mark, the video drops back to the safe (and incredibly boring) talking-heads format for the remainder of the video.  Nothing to see here, so I didn't stick around much.

This entire video had the feel of a report to senior management or a big money investor, presented by developers who didn't want to be involved.  Their lack of passion seems to want to smack me in the face, at times.

Still, Pantheon seems to be slogging along, development-wise and the images are nice enough.  There was no sign of the animation improvements that the OP boasted of.  No characters on the screen, and no characters doing things were shown.

Summary: if you're hoping to see actual images of work completed, you won't find it here.  If you're hanging on every word of these developers, there might be something interesting buried in the chatter.

I'm wondering why I watched this in the first place.

Thanks so much for taking one for the team. I hate wasting time watching videos, especially those in a talking heads format.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Inching ever closer to that 2176 release.
    Amathe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    So a graphically improved Everquest. That isn't necessarily, I hope they can garner enough players to stay afloat.

Getting enough long-term players to meet the accountant's expectations is a major challenge for any game with persistence.  I'm sure the experience of a new game will draw people in; the real question is will they stay.  VR/Pantheon has yet to start with that challenge.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    So a graphically improved Everquest. That isn't necessarily, I hope they can garner enough players to stay afloat.
    It's not a graphiclly improved EQ1. The team has shown they are making a modern MMO with modern systems. Pantheon is designed with a old school idea that classes hold a place in the team that's needed. Not the current model where every class can be replaced by any class in a team.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    this is the only MMO I still have any hope or interest in... there's just -nothing- else out there...