Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online - House Divided Preview

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageStar Trek Online - House Divided Preview

Join Bowman as he jumps into an early look at Star Trek Online's latest content update, House Divided.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    "Armed with new armor, weapons, and lock-boxes..."
    Touché
    foppotee

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    "and lock-boxes", lol. No doubt they will sometimes contain something useful in the game.
    foppotee
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Cryptic considers new gambling lock boxes as new content. At least there's 2 new episodes, a new TFO, & I think 3 new Patrols to go along with all this latest new gambling released. Cryptic has to remove the in-game calendar because they cannot figure out how to maintain it accurately, but keep shoving out new gambling mechanics. STO can still be a fun & generous game, but not like it used to be a few years ago. The last few years Cryptic has cut back on as many features of the game as added it seems & slowed the pace on adding new content besides new gambling methods. STO isn't dying but it is declining.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Kirk voice ...

I must .... find ..  my lockbox .. you Klingon ... Bastards!!!!!!
    foppotee

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Played through it and absolutely loved it. I absolutely loved every minute of it and was hooked into the story. It felt like a good D&D game I loved it that much. It had quite a number of surprises in it for me. It definitely left me wanting more. Martok is one of my favorite characters so I loved getting to see him involved in the story like that. Also the rewards for both missions were absolutely awesome! I can also honestly say that I never enjoyed ground combat as much as I did in those episodes. It was just awesome.
    foppoteeMensur

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Amathe said:
    Kirk voice ...

I must .... find ..  my lockbox .. you Klingon ... Bastards!!!!!!

Lock boxes drop all over the game, it's the keys that are worth the money, which you can buy on the player exchange lol. Kirk just needs about 6.3 mil energy credits.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Dont know about you all. But I installed this game 2 weeks ago. I am currently lvl 29 almost 30. Its a great game so far. Hoping to go deep into the game over the weekend and finish 1-2 episodes. I am currently wrapping up the romulan epidoses- and they are f-ing great :)

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    can't believe this game is still going. It wasn't pretty the last time i tried it many years ago, I can't imagine it's aged any better with more time.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

can't believe this game is still going. It wasn't pretty the last time i tried it many years ago, I can't imagine it's aged any better with more time.

Gotta give Cryptic some credit upon this facet of the game. They've gone back & redone some missions & many ships, mostly Federation ships so far, with better graphics & somewhat better story-telling usually including some voice-over work now. Also, 1 of the first things I always do when starting a play session is type: "/renderscale 2" without the " of course. It alone enhances the game's look overall a bit. Cryptic doesn't add as much new playable content anymore when compared to 3+ years ago, but do slowly seem to be trying to better the existing game. I still think Cryptic is preparing STO for some sort of maintenance mode since they keep cutting-back more & more features but oh well. it is a 10+ year old game now & that's a testament right there.