Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Provides Update On Crucible, Moving It Back To Closed Beta

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAmazon Provides Update On Crucible, Moving It Back To Closed Beta

In a weird turn of events, Amazon is taking the already released Crucible and moving it back to a closed beta according to new update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    So, I actually put over 100 hours into this game. (Somehow) Anyways, I think they could move anywhere with this game. More heroes obviously with each having an ultimate ability. Hero balance. We need some type of travel mode but it can't be too fast and must have a risk/reward element. Travel mode would make farming faster, so maybe make pve enemies (farm) harder to kill which would make team play more engaging.

There were things I enjoyed about the game such as the great pvp moments that would sometimes happen. Heroes felt unique and the map was decent.

I think the game needs to improve enemy detail, hit detection, hero abilites and adding an ultimate, communication(lol) and many other things. I'll keep giving this game a chance and will continue to provide bug and gameplay feedback.

Here's to a better next attempt Crucible!!
    PirrayaBabuinixAllwynd_01chojin2k
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    This game flopped harder than Lawbreakers. It's really embarassing.
    AndrewGoatKyleran[Deleted User]doomex
  • TxChiefTxChief Member UncommonPosts: 23
    When Breakaway was more entertaining then this pile of rocks.

john456

• McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280

Xodic said:

Even Amazon money can't buy creative talent.

What good is creative talent when the suit-dummies at the top call the shots?
    RueTheWhirl[Deleted User][Deleted User]kitaradPanzerbeorne39TacticalZombehchojin2kMargravedamond5031doomex
  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I honestly respect this.
    [Deleted User]RueTheWhirlBlackAdder77DhampirBabuinixmeerclarAlomarTacticalZombehPher0ciouschojin2kand 2 others.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    Another shooter the gaming market didn't want or need.Amazon must have poor leadership atop their gaming department.

TNW is in  a genre that really doesn't have one single big player,so it is a market they COULD cash in on but they won't because their game will be ho hum.They might sell well initially but the game will be dead within 2-3 months.

KyleranAllwynd_01doomex

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Not a bad move but just plain weird lol.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40

I honestly respect this.

Feel the same way. Think of this them realizing the game is not good, and they wanna improve it.
    Think we can all name dozens of games that should have went straight back to alphas and betas upon release, but they didnt because companies didn't wanna lose money. They could have just buried the game, and not look at it again, instead they wanna take a chance and try to turnaround a game that already has a bad rep.
    TBH Respect
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This part should throw up red flags in every direction

"Additionally, the team will be setting aside weekly play sessions to jump into the beta with players and get feedback. They will also be adding a council of players to work closely with from all play styles, casual to the hardcore competitive players."

Some of these developers make over 100k a year and they are now again playing the "feedback from players" card like they did with New World. The player feedback card is essentially a excuse card that they can fall back on to validate any decision they make cause no one can ever verify if any feedback was ever really given. "Players told us" can never be proven and they know that. It's the same as "a guy told me on the street".

Let's view this from another angle for a moment... Add up all the developer's salaries currently working at AGS and it's in the millions. So people PAID to develop a game collecting 100k paychecks have no idea what to do and have to now ask regular gamers for advice who know absolutely ZERO about game development? THEY LAUNCHED, charged people for stuff and are now asking for a do over BUT there is no guarantee the game will ever be re-launched because of the scheme they are pulling is part of what I described above. If they said 3 months from now "player FEEDBACK pointed us towards shelving the game because it wasn't good enough and there's nothing we can do to fix it". Oh well, who cares cause at the end of the day the devs still get paid even if they produce nothing..

I said it in a couple threads before but will say it again, the AGS devs are just prolonging their Amazon paycheck as long as possible until someone higher up finally realizes they are useless and shuts the entire studio down. By that time some of them would have already collected well over a million in pay so the stall scheme ends up being a good LEGAL racket.

Crowdfunded MMO games figured out a way to fleece the public for a never ending stream of funds. These guys figured out a way to fleece Amazon for a never ending stream of funds.
    Ridelynnonemorecupcakeinfomatz
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Can't wait for New World to release and go right back into beta a month after....and it hasn't even gone into beta yet...
    Alomar
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.
    SovrathsschruppPher0ciousrojoArcueid
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.

I was thinking this today when I was going through the cyber punk hands on videos. I was thinking "this is going to come out, looking as amazing as it does and some group or other is going to tear it down because it didn't' match the game in their heads."
    TacticalZombehultimateduckrojoArcueid
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

remsleep said:

I was thinking this today when I was going through the cyber punk hands on videos. I was thinking "this is going to come out, looking as amazing as it does and some group or other is going to tear it down because it didn't' match the game in their heads."
    People have different tastes and they're not shy about expressing it here. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Echo chambers are boring AF.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

remsleep said:

Or... most games released these days are actually shit.

I'm going with that theory.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]IselinonemorecupcakeAlomar

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40

Sovrath said:

remsleep said:

I mean, you can see by this site alone. I am a long ass lurker and its like you can spot a pattern. A game announces an expansion, something positive happens, barely a comment. Something bad happens, its a shit storm within an hour.
    If something is broken, you should stop selling it. This is a positive thing. Unless y'all prefer a unreachable customer service and abandoned slowly dying game within a few months (like so many companies did).
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    BruceYee said:
    This part should throw up red flags in every direction

"Additionally, the team will be setting aside weekly play sessions to jump into the beta with players and get feedback. They will also be adding a council of players to work closely with from all play styles, casual to the hardcore competitive players."

Some of these developers make over 100k a year and they are now again playing the "feedback from players" card like they did with New World. The player feedback card is essentially a excuse card that they can fall back on to validate any decision they make cause no one can ever verify if any feedback was ever really given. "Players told us" can never be proven and they know that. It's the same as "a guy told me on the street".

Let's view this from another angle for a moment... Add up all the developer's salaries currently working at AGS and it's in the millions. So people PAID to develop a game collecting 100k paychecks have no idea what to do and have to now ask regular gamers for advice who know absolutely ZERO about game development? THEY LAUNCHED, charged people for stuff and are now asking for a do over BUT there is no guarantee the game will ever be re-launched because of the scheme they are pulling is part of what I described above. If they said 3 months from now "player FEEDBACK pointed us towards shelving the game because it wasn't good enough and there's nothing we can do to fix it". Oh well, who cares cause at the end of the day the devs still get paid even if they produce nothing..

I said it in a couple threads before but will say it again, the AGS devs are just prolonging their Amazon paycheck as long as possible until someone higher up finally realizes they are useless and shuts the entire studio down. By that time some of them would have already collected well over a million in pay so the stall scheme ends up being a good LEGAL racket.

Crowdfunded MMO games figured out a way to fleece the public for a never ending stream of funds. These guys figured out a way to fleece Amazon for a never ending stream of funds.
    100K a year is not that much money - their boss makes about $9million per hour.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/what-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-makes-every-day-hour-minute-2018-10
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

I honestly respect this.

Feel the same way. Think of this them realizing the game is not good, and they wanna improve it.

Think we can all name dozens of games that should have went straight back to alphas and betas upon release, but they didnt because companies didn't wanna lose money. They could have just buried the game, and not look at it again, instead they wanna take a chance and try to turnaround a game that already has a bad rep.

TBH Respect

Yes I think that was their best move.

The game has true potential but the release was just too early (which is sad after 5 years of dev).
    Nonetheless and despite other opinions, I like the map and think it is their major achievement.
    Most players complain about the lack of com (chat/voice chat). I would prefer a VGS system (smite-like).
    But the game is also plagued by a mountain of other issues like bad hit registration, no mini map (in a rather complex map), OP characters, questionable farming and so on.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

remsleep said:

People have different tastes and they're not shy about expressing it here. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Isn't the constant barrage of everything being negative just another echo chamber?

Sure, people do have different tastes and sure they should express it. But it seems that some people are just holding games at such a high bar that it's a wonder people play anything.

And what he said is true, there isn't a developer around that can't be lambasted by someone. They are apparently all bad.

Even though that's not really true.
    YashaXTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I guess even a monster budget doesn't guarantee a good game, eh CIG?  Oh, I mean Amazon.
    edited July 2020
    Sovrath said:

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

remsleep said:

Isn't the constant barrage of everything being negative just another echo chamber?

Sure, people do have different tastes and sure they should express it. But it seems that some people are just holding games at such a high bar that it's a wonder people play anything.

And what he said is true, there isn't a developer around that can't be lambasted by someone. They are apparently all bad.

Even though that's not really true.
    Thing is that people here are not negative about everything and every developer - well except for Wizardry maybe - but there is much more bad shit with obnoxious monetization and idiot suits saying things like "We don't call them loot boxes. We call them surprise mechanics" that there is a preponderance of things from the gaming companies coming out that deserves criticism and ridicule much more than at any other time in video gaming history.

It's no coincidence that this has happened at the same time that large corporations that couldn't give less of a shit about gaming have taken over the industry because of its huge profit potentital.

Yes there are good honest people in the industry doing things for the right reasons but they are unfortunately not the overwhelming majority they once were.

Casual or new gamers wouldn't have a clue and think that cash shops, loot boxes and P2W in low effort products capitalizing on popular IPs or leveraging games for Twitch integration because they own Twitch are just a normal part of gaming.

I think most of us know better here. Especially those of us who spend more time talking about gaming than about how others talk about gaming.
    [Deleted User]YashaX[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited July 2020
    Elidien said:
    Reminds me of the initial launch of FFXIV. The stopped the game, tore it apart and relaunched it. So its doable and the their is precedent.

If Amazon was smart, in my opinion, they should go full space sim with The Expanse. You have three factions, lots of politics and planets and with later seasons, an unfathomable amount of content. Imagine a SWG style space/ground sandbox in The Expanse universe.

Excuse me, I need a drink just thinking about it.
    Now that's a scifi universe that deserves a game. So tired of pop-scifi like SW, Star Trek and Marvel universe stuff getting all the games.

The Expanse is worthy and I of course, would play a Belter :)
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Elidien said:
    Iselin said:
    Elidien said:
    Reminds me of the initial launch of FFXIV. The stopped the game, tore it apart and relaunched it. So its doable and the their is precedent.

If Amazon was smart, in my opinion, they should go full space sim with The Expanse. You have three factions, lots of politics and planets and with later seasons, an unfathomable amount of content. Imagine a SWG style space/ground sandbox in The Expanse universe.

Excuse me, I need a drink just thinking about it.
    Now that's a scifi universe that deserves a game. So tired of pop-scifi like SW, Star Trek and Marvel universe stuff getting all the games.

The Expanse is worthy and I of course, would play a Belter :)
    I would so play a Belter too. I am no fan of Fred Johnson but I would follow Camina Drummer into the 9th circle of hell if she asked.

Can you imagine the tatoo options for Belters? I am giddy thinking about it.

Books are good too if you have not read them. It has become one of my fav universes in all of scifi fandom.
    I read the books first before I even knew there would be a TV series (which is superbly done, IMO.) I'm currently on a break from the books just a small way into Persepolis Rising because I got sidetracked talking to my son about Clive Barker and decided to re-read Weaveworld which I first read about 30 years ago (great book too, BTW.)

The expanse is awesome near-future scifi.
    [Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    In before game is DOA when it comes out....for a second time!
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Cool too bad it will suck though.
    I mean they are asking regular players what they want.

Red fucking flag. Players are dumb shits. Look at us here.
    A hard ass look lol.
    Babuinix
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193

So, I actually put over 100 hours into this game. (Somehow) Anyways, I think they could move anywhere with this game. More heroes obviously with each having an ultimate ability. Hero balance. We need some type of travel mode but it can't be too fast and must have a risk/reward element. Travel mode would make farming faster, so maybe make pve enemies (farm) harder to kill which would make team play more engaging.

There were things I enjoyed about the game such as the great pvp moments that would sometimes happen. Heroes felt unique and the map was decent.

I think the game needs to improve enemy detail, hit detection, hero abilites and adding an ultimate, communication(lol) and many other things. I'll keep giving this game a chance and will continue to provide bug and gameplay feedback.

Here's to a better next attempt Crucible!!

I played it for like 20 minutes before uninstalling it. It felt really generic, boring, mostly the things I did not enjoy were the map size and layout and how characters played. It was really confusing and not fun at all. Usually if a game is hard, but good, I get motivated to learn and get better, but in this one, the way characters played was just horrible.

The map is too big and you travel a lot to meet the enemies and fights are a joke.

It's like the game doesn't know if it wants to be a MOBA or a BR, but somehow fails at both.

I think what this game needs to be successful is to scrap the current maps and game modes, and instead opt for some urban/industrial maps with buildings and 90° angles on pretty much everything - walls, floor, doorways, crates, obstacles.

The game modes should also be scrapped and replaced with more traditional game modes like TDM, CTF, Payload and maybe Search & Destroy.

This will give players a feeling of familiarity and will improve the gameplay flow. Also characters and how they play should be redesigned and be more straightforward to just shoot.

I can't say I played a lot, I picked some woman with an eyepatch that had something like an AR or SMG, I thought it would be straightforward to play as her, because all I would have to do is press LMB to shoot... except after my first clip ended, there was no second clip to replace the first one, then I realized I had to swap to another weapon, fire that until the clip is empty and then be left with nothing at all for a while. That's when I realized this game is garbage.

I can't say a single positive thing about the game in its current state and I think that unless they do exactly what I described here, the game will fail again and nobody is going to play it. I don't hold any hope that they will go down the route I described, and honestly I don't really care about it anymore, I have plenty of games to play and this one doesn't mean anything to me.
    AndrewGoat