Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think of these speakers?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
edited June 2020 in Hardware

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I have a pair of Edifier monitors on my PC. It’s not the same as what you link, but I would give a good vote of confidence for the Edifer brand.
    MightyUnclean
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited June 2020
    Your in premium audio pricing, so you should probably pick the premium audio device. The Logitech seems a bit overpriced for something that doesn't offer optical or USB. You will be fighting a hum.
    I think you can probably do better with a 20hz-40khz device in that price range, but I would need to do a bit more research. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Those look great to me.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Personally, I would not waste money on PC speakers, you get far better audio quality with headphones and save yourself a lot of money.
    Asm0deus
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    Nothing beats a dedicated home cinema receiver + speaker system on a PC though...

Pretty much this.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    My opinion:
    I gave up on "computer" speakers a while ago. I agree about receiver + speakers, but that turns into a physically large setup fairly quickly. If you don't have the desk space or inclination to do a Receiver + Bookshelves, then go with studio monitors.

These are the speakers I have:
    https://www.newegg.com/p/0S6-0051-00042?Description=edifier&cm_re=edifier-_-0S6-0051-00042-_-Product

True, they don't have a subwoofer. They also sound pretty darn good without it.

M-Audio and JBL also make (imho) good Studio Monitor speakers in the 4-6" range and $100-$500 price range.