Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New BETA gameplay (apparently NDA safe)

BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40
edited June 2020 in New World
Some new NDA safe gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvt142cYyQ
Think this video does more for my NW hype
then their official ones. And the sound work is for me a masterpiece.
[Deleted User]

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    WOW, unedited combat looks bad. Hard to judge, sometimes slow combat can be fun. Slow and only 3 skills? Not so sure.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2020
    Looks like an Assassin's Creed Odyssey knock-off in a way. Don't really like the bow aiming in this game as much. Outside of cheating Melee will waste you if stay ranged too long. I imagine this will be exploited with aim mods.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    I don't think it looks terrible.  Might be nice to get away from the AOE grindfest that games have become now a days.  I'll give the game a shot.
  • BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Nanfoodle said:
    WOW, unedited combat looks bad. Hard to judge, sometimes slow combat can be fun. Slow and only 3 skills? Not so sure.
    As someone who played ESO, i welcome the slower pace. The high APM button mashing craze just gets tedious after a while.
    Nyghthowler
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited June 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    As someone who played ESO, i welcome the slower pace. The high APM button mashing craze just gets tedious after a while.
    I think thats what tainted me. Been playing ESO for the last year.
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Based on what I've read from the developers, I expected the combat to be more twitchy, fast paced and complex.  Not that that would be a good thing for me.  Maybe these are lower level characters without a lot of combat options?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    SkitzoX said:
    Based on what I've read from the developers, I expected the combat to be more twitchy, fast paced and complex.  Not that that would be a good thing for me.  Maybe these are lower level characters without a lot of combat options?
    Nah that’s what you get at max level. 3 weapon slots and 3 skills for each weapon but they share a cooldown. Gets pretty boring
    For a slow, old guy like me, that's actually a good thing.  I was reading in the video comments that they were fighting mobs half their level.  Maybe fighting like-level mobs requires more dodge rolling, side-stepping, whatever.
    achesoma
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Hard to say. When we were first shown Darkfall Online back in early 2000 people were walking everywhere and slowly killing each other. It turned out to be a very fast paced twitchy game.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Holy crap, didn’t realize game was STILL under NDA. No wonder I can find any real info. They’re only 2 months from launch. How is this still under NDA?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Looks kinda boring i dont think it will be able to compete with the top mmos we currently have
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited June 2020
    All I want to say here is that when ESO came out and only had 5 skills (actually 12 with ultis and weapon swapping - NO SHARED CD or any CD for that matter - but let's go with 5) a lot of PC master race people said that it was clearly designed for consoles.

Now this one has 3 skills + an ulti and weapon swapping doesn't even help because of shared cool down, so what are y'all gonna say? Designed for phones? :)
    Nyghthowler
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Not sure fast paced and twitchy means complex. When its like that you usually have your rotation you spam out, unless you get stunned, then you spam the CC break. You don't react, instead have a predefined max dps thing you always do.
    Nyghthowler
  • LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The combat is physical based, so if you miss, it will not be great for you!!!  Fighting mobs half there level is a sign that the game is hard similar to dark souls if you don't learn to block/dodge/ and have a high hit ratio you'll get crushed.  But whatever the case beta is beta, and should be taken as such.
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited June 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    3 skill each weapon. total of 9. You can see at 11 sec into the video how many slot you can have.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited June 2020
    at 0:49 sec the character get hit and move from left to right. It seem that he got stun and also moved from his position like the server did not register the right place?? also at 2:20 the person shoot an arrow at the direction of an NPC (npc)dodge it and still get hit even though he was at least 2 meter from it... I feel there is something wrong with the running animation and hitbox like the character is not connected to the ground and server not responding fast enough ..

Also saw the big battle video and everyone who were running when there was ton of people. People legs were looking very weird.. the animation was going to fast or something.
    Post edited by sk8chalif on

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• Badgerblad3Badgerblad3 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I'm in the Alpha and I think the combat is very good, what worries me right now is the content. I don't see a release version being much differn't than the alpha