Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvEvP Fantasy Action Game, Project Shadow, from Former Crytek Developer Starts Kickstarter

2»

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    The first stretch goal is for female customization? Not that I have female characters but seems pretty limiting.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Portz said:
    It takes millions and not in single digits but more like double or even triple digits to develop a mmorpg.
    People keep saying this, but it's just not true.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Looks like it could be something decent, but like many others Kickstarter is an automatic pass.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "However, it’s not an open world or MMORPG."

Just don't call your new game a MMO and you have a chance of getting player financial support. :)
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I never have and never will kickstart or fund a video game. I will buy it when its finished and if its good and if not, then i lost nothing. All these kickstarting games etc is not helping the videogame world.

Also, please dont make games that force PvP. People ruin mass pvp games that arent specifically battleroyal games. an MMO should be PvE and PvP if people want to join other servers etc.
    bcbully
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Dude has raised $573 of a $864,434 ask.  He's 1/1,500th of the way there!
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Dude has raised $573 of a $864,434 ask.  He's 1/1,500th of the way there!

I'd say it's still $0.00 of $864,434. The $573 is probably his own money or friends/family/connections. Which only highlights how little connections/money this guy has and how little his own family/friends support his vision.

At this point, I just feel bad for this guy. Maybe he should do a Gofundme instead of kickstarter. People may just sympathize with just how lonely he is.
    Gdemami
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Why kickstarter still a thing?
    Easiest cash grab ever! Just look at Star Citizen and Chronicles of Elyria...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    Portz said:
    It takes millions and not in single digits but more like double or even triple digits to develop a mmorpg.
    People keep saying this, but it's just not true.
    OK how about to make a GOOD ONE?A small studio can make a crappy ARPG on a tiny budget,but i couldn't care less about crappy ARPG's,they are NOT rpg's and shouldn't be using the letters rpg.

There is a way to cut time and budget to get a HQ game out there but it involves studios still taking some risk which is more than they are offering now which is NO RISK.

KS'rs and Cf'ing is a complete scam/con job,NOBODY should be handing over free money like that.

They are going to need to get at least 2 years worth of work into a HQ build THEN ask for a subscription with no box price.So they deliver a very small game,get 200 to maybe 3/4/500k on board at 15 /month and they are all set.Even if the team is only 10/20/30 people they can use the early subscription money to outsource,200k at 15 is 3 million a month,that is a lot of money.

The problem right now is they don't want to assume ANY risk at all,they want us to assume ALL of the risk.If these guys are so confident in their game then PROVE it,that is why subscriptions have always been the proving ground.If you don't put forth the effort you promised,if you show little care to improve the game every month ,then people stop paying.
    Subscription ONLY,NO cash shop,you EARN every dollar with your product.This way only SERIOUS studios show up and only quality and effort keeps the game going.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.