Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Unveils 'The Dry Steppes', Gives Developer Update

2»

Comments

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Iselin said:
    It's a Diablo game. People like me will buy it barring some absolutely stupid developer choices because we grew up with Diablo. Other people while complain until the day it dies regardless of how good it is.
    And no matter what the game is, if there's a 1, 2, 3 and 4 some people will go to their grave saying 1 or 2 was the best ever and 3 and 4 suck.

I think this is coming along nicely and it's good to see that Blizzard seems to have stopped their super secretive development habits like when they were doing D3. These regular updates on D4 are good to see.
    I guess this will be me.

Considering how Blizzard changed over the years and how it affected the games they are making, I dont expect that for me personally, this game will be better than Diablo 2 LoD. I did play Diablo 3 a lot as well, but i did not like the direction in which they took the franchise with it.

I wouldnt go as far as saying that D3 sucks, but I very much prefer D2 over it. I still actively play it 20 years since its launch, while I am not motivated at all to log into Diablo 3.

I think it would not be right to try to push that D2 is objectively better than D3 as what is great for me may suck for someone else, but I think it is fair to say that D3 was quite a different game comparing to D1 and D2, so that it is also fair to anticipate that it will be the inferior option for the players who prefer the type of game that D1 and D2 were. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to expect that there will be quite a few people "going to their graves" saying 1 and 2 was the best ever and 3 and 4 suck and I think it will not be driven just by nostalgia, but also by how different D3 was from the first two games.

Me too, to a degree. Diablo 1 was the first game that had me looking forward to getting off work to game. Diablo 2 was the first game that had me up half the night playing. I played the shit out of Diablo 3, but D3 is missing something. If anything, D3 pushed me to playing PoE and Grim Dawn, both of which are also great games as it made me realize I do like this style of game.

I do want D4 to be more like D2. I wouldn't even mind if it had a little PoE and GD tossed in for some depth.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    You're doing a great job controlling these bots, MMORPG.com.  Keep it up.  No need to install one of those image check bot busters.  Everything is working wonderfully.
    NyghthowlerKyleranFrodoFraginsultimateduckTacticalZombeh
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I look forward to playing the closed beta PTR server of Diablo 4 in the year 2032, right up there with Star Citizen and Crowfall.
    Nyghthowlerultimateduck
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I look forward to playing the closed beta PTR server of Diablo 4 in the year 2032, right up there with Star Citizen and Crowfall.
    I want some of what you're smokin' ! Star Citizen by 2032.... ;)
    KyleranTacticalZombeh
  • sarah3sedsarah3sed Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Super Embroidery Digitizing offers you the best and professional vector art conversion services. We have a team of professionals that can work for kinds of requirements. You can get a brief description of our quality and reliable work on our user-friendly website. We also prefer providing prompt services with a turnaround time of fewer than 8 hours. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2020
    Which one will be released first, D4 or Star Citizen.

I would guess D4.
    I would guess that D5 and WoW2 will release before Star Citizen.
    [Deleted User]ultimateduckTacticalZombeh
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Which one will be released first, D4 or Star Citizen.

I would guess D4.

Blizzard hired a dude known for getting games delivered in a timely manner.  Plus, Activision doesn't believe in "release it when it's ready" like the old Blizzard did.  It will be released much sooner than SC.