Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 25 minute stream from today with new game play videos

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
edited June 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

A lot of the media also got to play 4 hours recently so there will be a lot of previews posted today. Link them below as you find interesting ones.

Here's one from Games Pessure: https://www.gamepressure.com/editorials/previews/cyberpunk-2077-hands-on-preview-after-four-hours-im-a-bit-concern/z72c2

And another form Games Radar: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-trailer-gameplay/

Also a couple of interesting tidbits I hadn't heard before:

1. It's playable on both current gen Xbox and PS but they will also upgrade some files for the next gen for both - Not sure how extensive that upgrade wil be but it's happening for those wondering.

2. They are concurrently working with a Japanese company doing a Cybepunk Anime that is scheduled to be on Netflix in 2022.

EDIT: If you'e pressed for time the new trailer starts at 1:14 and the Brain Dance game play (very cool mechanic!) at 11:45

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Post edited by Iselin on
AsheramAlBQuirkyMadFrenchie

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    remsleep said:
    Looking great.

My only issue is forced 1st person - really dislike that decision, still not sure if this is going to be a deal breaker for me.
    When all is said and done I also prefer 3rd person but it definitely isn't a deal breaker for me.
    NyghthowlerMadFrenchie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2020

sry didn't realize the trailer was in the 25 minute video. I didnt click because dont have time to sit for that long atm but the trailer was cool. I too wish game had a 3rd person option.
    [Deleted User]IselinNyghthowler
    Asheram said:

sry didn't realize the trailer was in the 25 minute video. I didnt click because dont have time to sit for that long atm but the trailer was cool. I too wish game had a 3rd person option.
    Good point. I just edited the OP with times for the two most important things.
    Asheram

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Looks good to me, sold.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Looks cool, but after all these years no game has yet to get mouth movement sync right.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I had to watch the preview again, it's that damned good!
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited June 2020
    I'm doing something against my better judgement. I am pre-ordering this game after seeing that. It looks like a game I want to play and I like how they view the RPG experience as developers/gamers.

Arterius said:
    remsleep said:
    I have one question - when they show the car driving through the streets @24:10 - all those buildings and the city - is that all open world, as in - can we go in and explore inside all those buildings etc...

or is like 99% of it locked and not accessible and the player is only allowed to go into a few "special" places?
    They have said that every building is 100% accessible but that most of the buildings will be occupied so NPC's may not like you snooping around there apartments and can even get hostile if you don't leave fast enough

They even claimed at one point that nothing is computer generated but I don't know if I believe that. That seems like a lot of work

In this press release, they said NOT all buildings will be accessible. However, the ones that are will be like you described.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    remsleep said:
    Looking great.

My only issue is forced 1st person - really dislike that decision, still not sure if this is going to be a deal breaker for me.
    I think I'll just compromise. Forced 1st person drastically reduces the value of any game to me. I just can't stand the perspective. So I'll buy it at a price drop, probably on PC where I can potentially mod in a 3rd person camera.
    rathalas22
    edited June 2020

The studio tends to go a bit to 'adult' for my tastes but their work is shaping up very nice.
    Great job so far. They have some real talent in that house.
    I am sure the audience for this will eat it up.  
    They definitely push the envelope with sexuality and language much more so than other mainstream developers but along with that type of "adult" content there's also the positive in that their stories and quests are often about shades of gray instead of the ultimate good vs. ultimate evil you get in stories written for younger audiences.

The Red Baron quest line in Witcher 3 as well as the main stories of both DLCs are good examples of what I'm talking about. I never felt that I was playing a game written with teens or tweeners as the target audience as I often feel with many other RPGs.

Maybe it's their continental vs. NA sensibilities since Europe (not the Brits though, they have different means of procreation I think) has always been much more liberal than NA with respect to sexuality in mainstream entertainment including prime-time TV.

I do think CDPR overdoes it some but I do appreciate playing games that are not written for teens when I play theirs.
    AlBQuirkyNyghthowler

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2020
    Aeander said:
    remsleep said:
    Looking great.

I think I'll just compromise. Forced 1st person drastically reduces the value of any game to me. I just can't stand the perspective. So I'll buy it at a price drop, probably on PC where I can potentially mod in a 3rd person camera.
    Also, I'm sorry, but this game showcases some seriously fucked priorities. They have the resources for an anime, a competitive multiplayer mode, and an overly robust character creator with goddamn pink teeth and a junk slider, but not for something as basic as a perspective swap. And all because they want to tell me how to be "immersed" in their world.

I most certainly won't be buying at full price. Shame that. I'm a big fan of the Witcher franchise.
    AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    remsleep said:
    Looking great.

Also, I'm sorry, but this game showcases some seriously fucked priorities. They have the resources for an anime, a competitive multiplayer mode, and an overly robust character creator with goddamn pink teeth and a junk slider, but not for something as basic as a perspective swap. And all because they want to tell me how to be "immersed" in their world.

I most certainly won't be buying at full price. Shame that. I'm a big fan of the Witcher franchise.

I'm kind of in your boat, too. First person is NOT my preferred perspective.

It's because in video games, we get one (vision), maybe two (maybe hearing) of our senses relayed to us. Third person helps me compensate for those other three (or four) senses missing. Also, some people can "feel" when someone is behind them and that is gone. I turn my head to see to the side. Too many first person perspectives move the whole body.

But, they do have the "brain dive" thing that lets you operate a remote camera separate from your body for some things. I'm hoping the gameplay and RPG aspects are enough to overcome their choice of perspective.

Besides, nothing else coming out soon even catches my eye...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I don't understand all of the uproar over first person. I don't see complaints about of other first person shooters being first person.

Was this game originally announced as a third person game and then they switched it or something?
    [Deleted User]
    --------------------------------------------
    edited June 2020
    I don't understand all of the uproar over first person. I don't see complaints about of other first person shooters being first person.

Was this game originally announced as a third person game and then they switched it or something?
    No it wasn't changed. It's just that CDPR has always done 3rd person with the Witcher so people just assumed it would be the same.

I've played all TES (except ESO) and the Bethesda Fallout games in first person even though they have a 3rd person option because their third person just sucks.

But when ESO was in development there was huge uproar from many TES fans because  first person is what they expected in an Elder Scrolls game. It's funny it's happening here in reverse.
    [Deleted User]WellspringAlBQuirky

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Who was the young British woman who helped host the stream? I never saw them introduce her. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Iselin said:

The studio tends to go a bit to 'adult' for my tastes but their work is shaping up very nice.
    They definitely push the envelope with sexuality and language much more so than other mainstream developers but along with that type of "adult" content there's also the positive in that their stories and quests are often about shades of gray instead of the ultimate good vs. ultimate evil you get in stories written for younger audiences.

The Red Baron quest line in Witcher 3 as well as the main stories of both DLCs are good examples of what I'm talking about. I never felt that I was playing a game written with teens or tweeners as the target audience as I often feel with many other RPGs.

Maybe it's their continental vs. NA sensibilities since Europe (not the Brits though, they have different means of procreation I think) has always been much more liberal than NA with respect to sexuality in mainstream entertainment including prime-time TV.

I do think CDPR overdoes it some but I do appreciate playing games that are not written for teens when I play theirs.
    I agree they create adult themes better than most studios. Which goes far beyond just sexuality and language. 
    For me personally, a conservative Korean, I just cant enjoy too much sex and language. 
    Perhaps there will be filter to turn that stuff off. 
    An interesting perspective. I do wonder, honestly, how you feel about the subject and graphical representation of the themes in Hellblade? To me, those are far more mature and dark then anything CDPR has been doing. 

As for me, I don’t mind pushing the boundaries like is being done in Mary Skelter 2 (Lust, pain, horror and anime girls in a dungeon crawler) or some really far out stuff like The Song of Saya. I appreciate games/movies/art that make mee feel, and that feeling doesn’t always has to be nice or comfortable.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:

I agree they create adult themes better than most studios. Which goes far beyond just sexuality and language. 
    For me personally, a conservative Korean, I just cant enjoy too much sex and language. 
    An interesting perspective. I do wonder, honestly, how you feel about the subject and graphical representation of the themes in Hellblade? To me, those are far more mature and dark then anything CDPR has been doing. 

As for me, I don’t mind pushing the boundaries like is being done in Mary Skelter 2 (Lust, pain, horror and anime girls in a dungeon crawler) or some really far out stuff like The Song of Saya. I appreciate games/movies/art that make mee feel, and that feeling doesn’t always has to be nice or comfortable.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I am not a 'personal' fan of sexual themes or language in games that I play. I never honestly believe it necessary to tell a story. I think an implication is enough.
    I have worked on many projects over the years that have had things in it I personally do not like to experience when I play but it is not in my skillset to write, produce and direct an entire project on my own. 

With Hellblade it was Jon, Juan and Rupert's job to help guide the team to bring Tameem's story to life as well as direct the team in bringing Senua to life. It was not my job to dictate the story or how it was told. Regardless of my personal feelings in how it was to play out for the player.

I fully support people using it to express themselves through their preferred medium. 
    I also fully support players in their desire for that content. It is just not something I like to have in my experiences playing a game. 

I am still curious how you feel about it though. Because, despite the maturity of the theme, I think they handled the matter with great care and effort.

If you can’t share that or are uncomfortable with talking about one of your projects that way its totally cool too of course. I have always been slightly fascinated with how people react differently to different “adult” content, like sex versus violence etc. and where that difference comes from.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Amathe said:
    Who was the young British woman who helped host the stream? I never saw them introduce her. 

She said her name at the start.

I think it was Ima Hawtasf from CD Projekt Red or something like that...
    AlBQuirky
    BruceYee said:
    Amathe said:

She said her name at the start.

I think it was Ima Hawtasf from CD Projekt Red or something like that...
    It's Hollie Bennet. She's the UK head of communications for CDPR.
    AlBQuirky

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited June 2020
    lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I am not a 'personal' fan of sexual themes or language in games that I play. I never honestly believe it necessary to tell a story. I think an implication is enough.
    I have worked on many projects over the years that have had things in it I personally do not like to experience when I play but it is not in my skillset to write, produce and direct an entire project on my own. 

With Hellblade it was Jon, Juan and Rupert's job to help guide the team to bring Tameem's story to life as well as direct the team in bringing Senua to life. It was not my job to dictate the story or how it was told. Regardless of my personal feelings in how it was to play out for the player.

I fully support people using it to express themselves through their preferred medium. 
    I also fully support players in their desire for that content. It is just not something I like to have in my experiences playing a game. 

I am still curious how you feel about it though. Because, despite the maturity of the theme, I think they handled the matter with great care and effort.

If you can’t share that or are uncomfortable with talking about one of your projects that way its totally cool too of course. I have always been slightly fascinated with how people react differently to different “adult” content, like sex versus violence etc. and where that difference comes from.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I cannot say I enjoy these themes there is no way you can enjoy this type of themes because they're inherently horrible but I do read a lot of books that can make me so upset I have to stop reading the book for awhile. I always finish the books though because these aspects make the book a better read because what happens humanizes the characters. Even if you are not dealing with humans I am talking experience wise about the richness of the book itself made by these parts of it that relate to a human's emotions.

I draw a line though when the writer indulges in their own fantasies and starts adding too much description and seems to have too many incidences of this occurring. For example take Terry Goodkind and his Sword of Truth series.

I can understand for a setting when he starts the description of the rape of children and women as an indication of the type of individuals and world we are experiencing. I started having a problem when it was not once or twice but more than that and the details he kept taking pains to write made me realise he was taking pleasure in the writing of these scenes. At that point I actually checked out the internet and whether I was imagining it as a woman myself and being too sensitive. I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

On the other hand Mark Lawrence's Prince of Thorns in the Broken Empire series is a rapist and this is your protagonist Jorg Ancrath and the writer doesn't give a lot of detail of the rapes and yes plural by the same character. The reason is he is setting up the character and not dwelling on the rapes. This writer I have no problem with although I despised his characters I didn't stop reading about them because I wanted to see where the character went. I am not talking about redemption I am talking about character development.

There is a difference between these two writers.

Violence for the sake of violence isn't acceptable and shouldn't be in books, games or whatever media where you're trying to tell a story. Not talking about shooters and other types of games but RPGs in particular. I can  however totally get behind what CD Projekt Red is trying to do here. In telling a story like this in a world that is so rife with violence there will be inevitably a need to delve into it. I am able to accept that and understand that it will make the game better.
    BeansnBreadlahnmirMendelcheyaneAlBQuirky

kitarad said:
    lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I cannot say I enjoy these themes there is no way you can enjoy this type of themes because they're inherently horrible
    I don’t enjoy them either, I do find it interesting to experience them though. Its the same reason I listen to Delirium Cordia by Fantomas or watch Grotesque, to be confronted with things alien, and perhaps offensive, to me and see what that does with me. Yeah, I might be weird.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    <snipped an interesting exchange for brevity>
    I can understand for a setting when he starts the description of the rape of children and women as an indication of the type of individuals and world we are experiencing. I started having a problem when it was not once or twice but more than that and the details he kept taking pains to write made me realise he was taking pleasure in the writing of these scenes. At that point I actually checked out the internet and whether I was imagining it as a woman myself and being too sensitive. I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

On the other hand Mark Lawrence's Prince of Thorns in the Broken Empire series is a rapist and this is your protagonist Jorg Ancrath and the writer doesn't give a lot of detail of the rapes and yes plural by the same character. The reason is he is setting up the character and not dwelling on the rapes. This writer I have no problem with although I despised his characters I didn't stop reading about them because I wanted to see where the character went. I am not talking about redemption I am talking about character development.

There is a difference between these two writers.

Violence for the sake of violence isn't acceptable and shouldn't be in books, games or whatever media where you're trying to tell a story. Not talking about shooters and other types of games but RPGs in particular. I can  however totally get behind what CD Projekt Red is trying to do here. In telling a story like this in a world that is so rife with violence there will be inevitably a need to delve into it. I am able to accept that and understand that it will make the game better.

I agreed with this because I don't really need graphic details and blood over everything.  Authors have a long standing habit of using details where an impression works just as well.  This leads to confusing violence as conflict, by both creators and consumers.  Game developers tend to do the same.  Why?  Because violence is easier to portray with graphical images.

When was the last game that asked the player to make a moral decision, or become emotional?  These are also forms of conflict, but much harder to visualize on a screen.

AlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.