Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Roadmap Roundup Sees Several Cards Move to Polishing

Comments

• Beholder2kBeholder2k Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Babuinix said:
    First of all Star Citizen can not handle more than 50 players per instance (far from the promised hundreds of thousands).
    Secondly, an MMORPG usually gets developed..

Star Citizen is being developed, like all features networking and server tech is actively being worked and improoved. When making MMORPG's you incrementally increase player cap as you develop things, you don't start with hundreds of thousands from the get go.

Cmon man if you gonna give the trouble to create another dupe account to troll Star Citizen threads at least put some brains in it. Rehashing the same old moot points gets you 0 cookies lol

Buy an Idris :D

You falsely accuse me of proclaiming the imminent collapse of the project ("90 days tops!" despite "hundreds of thousands players per instance!", "weeks not month!", "Answer the Call 2014!", "Sandworm!", "I totally played through all missions of SQ42 (in 2016 no less)!") and now you falsely accuse me of being a dupe account. 

I state the development of the project is making not enough progress for the amount of time and money invested (still only 50 players per instance and even then it plays wonky at best) and you reply with "the game is being developed". 

You can't or won't argue points being made and just resort to trolling. You didn't even put effort in posting a good looking picture.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited June 2020

I state the development of the project is making not enough progress for the amount of time and money invested.
    Compared to what? 

What other game is remotely similar or close to provide the game experience Star Citizen provides.
    None comes close to provide that mix of GTA/Arma/Sandbox emmergent gameplay in a sci-fi realistic setting.

If you want another Anthem you're crying in the wrong thread lol 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2020
    Babuinix said:

I state the development of the project is making not enough progress for the amount of time and money invested.
    Compared to what? 

What other game is remotely similar or close to provide the game experience Star Citizen provides.
    None comes close to provide that mix of GTA/Arma/Sandbox emmergent gameplay in a sci-fi realistic setting.

If you want another Anthem you're crying in the wrong thread lol 
    Compared to everything else out there.

There is nothing like SC when it comes to the "ooohhhsss" and the "ahhhhss" and the shinies and all things more amazing than anything on the planet. But when it comes to nothing being like SC in a bad way all of a sudden we start comparing it to everything under the sun to show 'it ain't that bad' and we desperately have to compare it to everything else.

SC is unique in positive things, it is also unique in its bad things. You can't citizensplain that away, or downplay it, for all its highest highs it also has the lowest lows. I am disappointed that someone can't be critical without being discredited or riduculed though, again. Especially by people that would thank Roberts if he came to their house and smeared his own feces all over their faces and then would gently whisper a 'thank you' in his ear.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ArglebarglemmolouBabuinix
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

"If you want another Anthem you're crying in the wrong thread lol"

Expressing my thoughts and engaging in a discussion on a game forum is not crying no matter how much you dislike what is being said. But you just can not stop with the immature remarks, LoLing your way through how many bans so far?

You started off the discussion with me by missrepresenting a quote and still have not told me how you came to that conclusion after I called you out on it. You are basically throwing s**t at the wall to see what sticks.

I am all up for a civilized and mature discussion, so let me know when you want to go that route for once.
    lahnmir said:
    So is ignoring the fact that many other games take just as long to develop is an excuse to attack Stat Citizen? How is having a long development cycle unique to Star Citizen lol...

You guys have runned out of excuses to hate on this game back in 2015. Everything else is just your frustration speaking.

Imagine when your worst problem is waiting for a video-game completion...

Waiting... Oh the dramatic effort such action requires. Better cry "are there yet" for the 10000th time to speed things up lol
    edited June 2020
    Babuinix said:
    lahnmir said:
    So is ignoring the fact that many other games take just as long to develop is an excuse to attack Stat Citizen? How is having a long development cycle unique to Star Citizen lol...

You guys have runned out of excuses to hate on this game back in 2015. Everything else is just your frustration speaking.

Waiting... Oh the dramatic effort such action requires. Better cry "are there yet" for the 10000th time to speed things up lol
    These games are released, SC isn't close to release, quite an unfair comparison. Besides, there is no thing like SC, why start comparing it now when others' can't do that exact same thing because 'it doesn't count?'

And, you make fun of people, I make fun of you.

I am fine waiting for SC btw, its done when its done. I am not fine with clowns pretending that everything good is the best thing ever and everything bad is a fairytale, its called being dishonest. I do know your face is getting a rather brownish color by now, keep smearing and give Roberts a kiss from me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:
    lahnmir said:

These games are released, SC isn't close to release, quite an unfair comparison. Besides, there is no thing like SC, why start comparing it now when others' can't do that exact same thing because 'it doesn't count?'

I am fine waiting for SC btw, its done when its done. I am not fine with clowns pretending that everything good is the best thing ever and everything bad is a fairytale, its called being dishonest. I do know your face is getting a rather brownish color by now, keep smearing and give Roberts a kiss from me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I absolutely agree.
    Positive stuff is always "the best thing ever", while all the missed dates (Answer the Call 2014!), empty promisses (100 Star Systems!) and half-assed left for dead implementations (Star Marine, Arena Commander, soon Prison gameplay and ToW) are downtalked. 

I'd wagger that only a few really want this project to fail. The majority of the critics want this to become a good game, but find it more realistic to achive this by openly addressing issues rather than ignoring them (especially given CIGs track record so far).

For now the "white knights" are either delusional if they are really just fans, or a waste of backer money if they are shills.
    edited June 2020
    lahnmir said:

You understand that any game before being released was once unreleased and had to go through development time right.

Just like there are multiple games that took just as long and released there's plenty being developed for years which havent released yet...

*The only clowns are those who keep pretending that normal development hurdles which happen in every studio and games are a sign of trouble lol

You're fixation with brown matter is showing in your reasoning and the main reason why studios are forced to develop behind closed doors and enforce nda's.

Cant handle watching the nity grit of game development without making drama out of mundane stuff lol
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:

You're the only clown here pretending that normal development hurdles which happen in every studio and games are a sign of trouble lol

While I understand that the futile uptalking of a subpar tech demo is getting under your skin, I do not see a reason for your constant need of insulting others.
    Take a break from posting here and play that awesome game perhaps?
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 412
    edited June 2020
    Considering what the small team over at Hello games has managed to churn out compared to SC, i’d say there’s a hole in their boat..and it’s leaking money..probably into to waters of the cayman islands
    edited June 2020
    While I understand that the futile uptalking of a subpar tech demo is getting under your skin, I do not see a reason for your constant need of insulting others.
    In case you didn't noticed the poster I'm responding to was the one who brought the "clown" insults not me. Please, do try to keep up.
    Babuinix said:
    You understand that any game before being released was once unreleased and had to go through development time right.

Just like there are multiple games that took just as long and released there's plenty being developed for years which havent released yet...

You're the only clown here pretending that normal development hurdles which happen in every studio and games are a sign of trouble lol

You're fixation with brown matter is showing in your reasoning and the main reason why studios are forced to develop behind closed doors and enforce nda's.

Cant handle watching the nity grit of game development without making drama out of mundane stuff lol
    Don't misconstrue what I have said. I said I am ok with the delays, free of all drama. I am not ok with the defending of every setback, delay or broken promise through mocking, meme's and shouting down at people, don't try to divert the issue to SC. I think, despite all hurdles and setbacks SC is doing great, I do not think the defenders of all things CIG are though. And I wouldn't call you mundane stuff, I wouldn't dare.

And when you mock others, you get mocked back. Don't be a sore loser, keep citizensplaining away, just don't expect to be taken seriously in return.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Babuinix said:
    In case you didn't noticed the poster I'm responding to was the one who brought the "clown" insults not me. Please, do try to keep up.
    He made a broader statement about people misrepresenting reality while you directly called him a clown. You also insulted me in this thread and came at me "aggressive" right from the start. What did I do to you besides voice my critic about the slow pace of development in a forum thread about the upcoming patch?
    He made a broader statement about people misrepresenting reality while you directly called him a clown. You also insulted me in this thread and came at me "aggressive" right from the start. What did I do to you besides voice my critic about the slow pace of development in a forum thread about the upcoming patch?

Nah he was clearly addressing me because we were having a back and forth discussion.

Sure *I can change the direct addressment to the general poster population here and will be accurate because it's not only him doing it but a general ignorant mistake made by the general population of gamers participating on gaming forums.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    JoeBlober said:

Erillion said:

>>>> A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.>>>>

That is your educated opinion on this topic ?

Have fun

No, it's my hyperbolic opinion on the matter. Come on man, it should be pretty damn obvious....

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a piss poor return on 3 months work (actually 6 months if the staggered development teams are leap-frogging).

SQ42 is half of the project.

That's no where near to being right.  SQ42 is less that 10% of what they are promising.  Their claim has been that the engines need to be tied so SQ42 is delayed due to engine changes of the MMO.

edited June 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:

Don't misconstrue what I have said. I said I am ok with the delays, free of all drama. I am not ok with the defending of every setback, delay or broken promise through mocking, meme's and shouting down at people, don't try to divert the issue to SC. I think, despite all hurdles and setbacks SC is doing great, I do not think the defenders of all things CIG are though. And I wouldn't call you mundane stuff, I wouldn't dare.

And when you mock others, you get mocked back. Don't be a sore loser, keep citizensplaining away, just don't expect to be taken seriously in return.

You're the one misconstruing.

Dismissing the normal game development hurdles that happen with every game like: delays, setbacks, changes of scope, cutting features is not defending Star Citizen or any other video game.

It's defending the activity of developing games and game developers because if you attack them for that your attacking them for doing their jobs. You simply can't develop any ambitious game without having those troubles in one way or another, it's absolutely part of the process and can't be avoided no matter what.

What many keep doing is the equivalent of complaining that the water is wet and all your clothes are now heavier because you tried to swim fully clothed. Ofc they'll get mocked by people who know better.

You'll need a lot more finesse after bringing the "feces and brown smearing faces" speech before calling out others to be taken seriously.
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:
    >>>> A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.>>>>

Have fun
    Well shit, I'm the only software engineer on my team and factually know I deliver more (agile development) deliverables on a quarterly basis than what star shitizen drops. 

(Everyone else is either a data scientist and or cost analyst)

Which tells me you have no idea what they deliver or not.

Please list their SQ42 deliverables. Which you cannot, as they are not publically known beyond a rough project task map.

Which tells ME a lot about how good a software engineer you claim to be.

Have fun

For all you know i could be claiming to be a shit software engineer. Point being i factually know I've delivered more products in a shorter time span than star shitizen has in the same period. Which that is what is sad, shitty software engineer or not.

You obviously regret your backing amount though and feel the need to defend the game to fight that feeling.

Have more fun defending star shitizen

Actually i have one account, one ship ... and never added to that. I do not regret the amount i backed. To the contrary.

I am a voluntary community helper Centurion subscriber and get my Jump Point magazine and the cosmetic items for the hangar and avatar outfits ... so this sum goes up a few bucks a month for this. But not for extra ships. I have many different ways of testing ships ... from my mates ships, from using in game currency, from playtesting during Free Fly events, from special testing events....

I do not know if you are a "sad, shitty software engineer".

I know i as a project manager would not hire you because you talk about things you do not and cannot know as if you knew. Which in my opinion and experience is not the thing a GOOD software engineer does.

Have fun

jmlane223
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Well shit, I'm the only software engineer on my team and factually know I deliver more (agile development) deliverables on a quarterly basis than what star shitizen drops. 

Please list their SQ42 deliverables. Which you cannot, as they are not publically known beyond a rough project task map.

Have fun

For all you know i could be claiming to be a shit software engineer. Point being i factually know I've delivered more products in a shorter time span than star shitizen has in the same period. Which that is what is sad, shitty software engineer or not.

You obviously regret your backing amount though and feel the need to defend the game to fight that feeling.

Actually i have one account, one ship ... and never added to that. I do not regret the amount i backed. To the contrary.

I am a voluntary community helper Centurion subscriber and get my Jump Point magazine and the cosmetic items for the hangar and avatar outfits ... so this sum goes up a few bucks a month for this. But not for extra ships. I have many different ways of testing ships ... from my mates ships, from using in game currency, from playtesting during Free Fly events, from special testing events....

I know i as a project manager would not hire you because you talk about things you do not and cannot know as if you knew. Which in my opinion and experience is not the thing a GOOD software engineer does.

Have fun

Hrmm, as a project manager where do you work where they don't ask software engineers to hold to estimated dates and effort?

Oh, that's right, Roberts Industries.. nevermind.

;)
    botrytisjmlane223

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    edited June 2020
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Wait I'm so confused, I don't know that star citizen/SQ42 is not released yet? 

Dont worry, I would not want to work for Robert Indistries as another stated, I like developing projects that meet their deadlines and dont get locked into constant scope creep. Based on your reply though its pretty clear why you back the game so hard now. I get it man, I just hope it releases in your lifetime. 

Have more fun
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

To be fair, he only claimed to put out more results as software developer. For which you don't have to be an insider about SC development specifics. You just have to look at the road map and its failed targets through the years for that.

This is also why I doubt that you are a project manager in software development. After all, project manager just means that you manage some kind of project. Who knows, maybe you work for a landscaping agency or something.
    jmlane223Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    I never thought of the angle i am seeing/hearing,i just assumed the average fanbois is somewhat intelligent.

What i am seeing is that fans of this not yet game THINK most of us don't think the game will ever be a game?OR WANT to see the game fail?

I find that comical to disappointing.I have never felt this won't be a finished game....some day nor do i WANT any game to fail.

My stance on this entire project is a high level of incompetence by Robert's,a game that DOES NOT and NEVER will resemble the budget.So on that mindset it already is a fail and always will be a fail.Neither of those two points are a surprise at all,Robert's has been a fai lat staying on budget his entire lifetime of making games.

Robert's,not me,not anyone else,himself stated that you NEED a big money backer for your game because too many problems arise that send you over budget.First of all that is a FALSE statement but is an accurate statement if your's Robert's who is not good enough as a team lead to stay on budget.Also it tells me he is not very good at DESIGNING the entire scope of the game before he begins.

SO why is this game s oafar behind  the ratio of budget versus quality?Well to me it is very obvious,his original game design idea involved 6 million,a number HE stated was all he needed.Matter of FACT he also stated he didn't really need any money and could have done it on his own bank account.SO everything changed when he saw how much money rolled in,then he noticed he could simply turn the entire operation into a cash shop in the sky selling ships and keep this money train going.

Fast forward several years,Now he KNOWS this money train will keep rolling and has NO incentive to finish the game because finishing it changes everything on how your game is viewed and he can't have that happen when money is so good.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Babuinix said:
    lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:

Dismissing the normal game development hurdles that happen with every game like: delays, setbacks, changes of scope, cutting features is not defending Star Citizen or any other video game.

It's defending the activity of developing games and game developers because if you attack them for that your attacking them for doing their jobs. You simply can't develop any ambitious game without having those troubles in one way or another, it's absolutely part of the process and can't be avoided no matter what.

What many keep doing is the equivalent of complaining that the water is wet and all your clothes are now heavier because you tried to swim fully clothed. Ofc they'll get mocked by people who know better.

You'll need a lot more finesse after bringing the "feces and brown smearing faces" speech before calling out others to be taken seriously.
    Man, you have been ridiculing and mocking others’ for countless posts and now you get played with a bit and this is what we get. Its just a mirror mate, you play the music and I dance to the beat.

The rest of your post is absolutely true. SC development is just like every other game, SC is pretty much just a game, like every other game. But when everything just a tiny bit positive gets enlarged to most amazing thing ever (Twitch stats and amount of funding being very clear examples of this) you can fully expect the same to happen with everything negative. But when the latter happens they are all trolls and haters and you are quick to discredit and shout them down. 

And when you come up with nonsense like “most content ever” I just point out the untruth in that. I don’t mind SCs development or your enthusiasm at all, I would prefer you being a bit more objective and honest though. But, to be fair, that is not just you, you are just the most blunt and outspoken.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    BeansnBreadBabuinix

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    SO let me make this clear.
    The FINISHED game will NEVER resemble the amount of money taken in.I would also add that WHERE all the money is going is a sketchy secret because even as incompetent as Robert's is,i simply cannot believe he has spent all that money on the game so far.He is paying himself and his few partners a lot of money,likely paying themselves for several positions over several layers of the business.Also like all typical charity operations they have a stashed bank account as a preventative measures account,a sort of safety net.

Knowing how little is actually spent on BIG name titles that LOOK professionally designed,example 50-140 million and seeing what SC is right now,really should make anyone wonder WTF is Robert's doing with all that money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:
    lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:

Man, you have been ridiculing and mocking others’ for countless posts and now you get played with a bit and this is what we get. Its just a mirror mate, you play the music and I dance to the beat.

The rest of your post is absolutely true. SC development is just like every other game, SC is pretty much just a game, like every other game. But when everything just a tiny bit positive gets enlarged to most amazing thing ever (Twitch stats and amount of funding being very clear examples of this) you can fully expect the same to happen with everything negative. But when the latter happens they are all trolls and haters and you are quick to discredit and shout them down. 

And when you come up with nonsense like “most content ever” I just point out the untruth in that. I don’t mind SCs development or your enthusiasm at all, I would prefer you being a bit more objective and honest though. But, to be fair, that is not just you, you are just the most blunt and outspoken.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It's shocking to see how disingenuous he is. Besides brand new accounts, he might be the most insulting person on the site. And worse yet, he plays the victim every time someone responds in even a light hearted way. I'm not even sure cowards hold a candle.

He's been banned multiple times, over and over again. In my opinion at least, he hurts the game more than he helps it. Same with Erillion in my opinion. Thinking people read their shit and are put off by it. Personal attacks and idolatry are off putting in the end. 

But never forget, $300+ million. That makes it the most wonderful thing to ever happen in history.

Also, I love that you like the game. It gave me like 15 fps torture like 3 years ago when I tried it. And three years ago everyone was claiming that it was about to come out. 2020 was a ridiculous joke that people like Erillion, Babs, DKLond and Blobber lambasted.

Amazing looking spaceships you have there. Now make them work please.
    Babuinix
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited June 2020
    He's been banned multiple times, over and over again. In my opinion at least, he hurts the game more than he helps it. Same with Erillion in my opinion. Thinking people read their shit and are put off by it. Personal attacks and idolatry are off putting in the end. 
    I think Erillion is ok. He's reasonable as far as fanboys go.

EDIT: Though his "Have fun" -comment can be really irritating until you get used to it and start treating it like a signature.
    Babuinix