Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Vampire the Masquerade Trailer

2»

Comments

• LonesolsLonesols Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited June 22
    jahlon said:
    Really hoping that this takes off and that Paradox and White Wolf Studios go back to the idea of a World of Darkness MMORPG
    At this point, mmorpgs don't really do well, and this looks like a single player rpg. So why would they go from a successful single player rpg to a risky mmorpg, that needs upkeep and content updates every day? Look at starwars that new game has like 60000 positive reviews on steam. Swtor which required millions just in vocie acting has so many negative reviews at one point i thought it was gonna shut down.

No one likes cash shops, so that was thier incentive, but if you took a vampire mmorpg, now a days im postive it would make less money than a vampire single player rpg. 

Then the cheating, I mean you literally have to figure out how to baby sit 100000 people with a anti cheat or something. 

So I wouldn't hold your breath about that being revived. Especially with Amazon making new world. Then just think on how long this stuff actually takes, like 5 years plus. Then games like new world, wow, and eso add content all the time so you gotta figure out how to steal people from those games, because no one usually spends the time and money on 4 different mmorpgs, they are to costly and time consuming. 

Adding in the new generation doesn't even enjoy mmorpgs like I did in 1999 as a kid. The new generation enjoys fast paced games like minecraft or fortnight. 

So most of us who played and paid for mmorpgs with our parents money haha have jobs, and can barely even find time to play if we wanted to. Then every one complains about a cash shop that lets people skip it all, and have some nostalgia to the old days of grindinf 10000 hours. Then the vultures swooping in with thier bots to captilize on the fact people don't have the time to grind.

So the majoirty go play a single player game where its on thier time, doesn't require 1000 bucks in the cash and or 10000 hours game play. When no new generation kid is gonna pick a mmorpg over minecraft, fortnight, or cod. 

I honestly think new world will fail too, there will be some people that go to it of course its new and shinny,  but at the end of the day it's not going to make any where near the cash of the mobas, fps,  and survival games. 

Mmorpgs died when every one grew up haha. If we make it to say 30 years from now, I will 100 percent say there will be a huge revival in mmorpgs, just like the reboots of old TV shoes 30 years ago, and all us mmorpgers from 1999 will be retired.

Sovrath
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,430
    I love Vampire: Bloodlines, but there is no way I would play a Vampire MMORPG.

Simple reason: far too limited scope.

You can make a classic fantasy MMORPG have vampires just fine, and it will also have a TON of other possibilities.
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,815
    I love Vampire: Bloodlines, but there is no way I would play a Vampire MMORPG.

Simple reason: far too limited scope.

You can make a classic fantasy MMORPG have vampires just fine, and it will also have a TON of other possibilities.
    well, the whole push behind the World of Darkness online was to emulate the tabletop experience by making a sandbox social environment... Idk how it would be limited in scope besides the flavor of the setting which is exactly what sells it tbh

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.