Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avengers War Table

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdP3PHSeMy8

Doesn't look bad at all. I actually think it looks pretty great. It reminds me of an over the shoulder Diablo game which I am not opposed to at all. They also confirmed once again that additional characters and story will be free.

The only problem I have is the weight of the combat. The combat looks good but I want more impact from Thors Hammer and Hulk's punches. They seemed just like everyone else which is disappointing but not game breaking for me.
Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

NanfoodleAlBQuirky

Comments

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited June 24
    It looks like Destiny with less visceral combat. I love Destiny but it would be hard for me to justify buying a similar game as I plan on buying the expansion which I believe releases around the same time. 

It seems the biggest criticisms are directed towards the combat. Playing as the God of Thunder shouldn’t feel so limp and powerless. I’ve filed Avengers under wait and see. It doesn’t look horrible but it doesn’t draw me in like a Marvel game should.
    Arterius
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    It looks like Destiny with less visceral combat. I love Destiny but it would be hard for me to justify buying a similar game as I plan on buying the expansion which I believe releases around the same time. 

It seems the biggest criticisms are directed towards the combat. Playing as the God of Thunder shouldn’t feel so limp and powerless. I’ve filed Avengers under wait and see. It doesn’t look horrible but it doesn’t draw me in like a Marvel game should.
    I can see that. I don't play destiny or any similar game so this can easily tide me over for a few months until Cyberpunk or if I like it a few years maybe. I am optimistic. In there Q&A afterwards they also said that enemies would be much more varied in the final game that we only saw a small sliver of content. I am hoping that is true as well. I would love to go against people with super powers.
    immoralthang

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,778
    This game will be as much story as it is video game. This is on my wishlist on steam. 
    Arterius
    Nanfoodle said:
    This game will be as much story as it is video game. This is on my wishlist on steam. 
    I have never played a Crystal Dynamic game but I am hoping for a great story but I don't know there history enough to say if they craft great stories.

I have had the collectors edition pre-ordered for months. That cap Statue is going right next to my Spider-man one from the collectors edition of the PS4 game
    Nanfoodle

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 6,080
    I find this really appealing. Like, I needed a good third person looter in my life, and I hope this one meets with a better fate and more long term support than Anthem did. Maybe the Marvel IP will be the edge it needs.
    Aeander said:
    I find this really appealing. Like, I needed a good third person looter in my life, and I hope this one meets with a better fate and more long term support than Anthem did. Maybe the Marvel IP will be the edge it needs.
    I think it will def hold up. At least I hope so. I was just recently looking at the games they made and they have a pretty solid track record. Really no stinkers and a few games that I have played that I didn't even realize they had made. Gives me more faith in the project in fact.

Post launch, I hope they'll add some of my favorite Marvel Heroes (Gambit, Daredevil, Star Lord, Cyclops, and Dr. Strange).

For now, I'll be mostly playing Iron Man and Thor for sure.
    ArteriusNanfoodleimmoralthang
    edited June 24
    Aeander said:
    Post launch, I hope they'll add some of my favorite Marvel Heroes (Gambit, Daredevil, Star Lord, Cyclops, and Dr. Strange).

I really liked the look of Kamala to my surprise. I do hope they add hank pym though. I have always had a soft spot for Ant-man and they already have a shrinking mechanic in game

Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

I really liked the look of Kamala to my surprise. I do hope they add hank pym though. I have always had a soft spot for Ant-man and they already have a shrinking mechanic in game
    Kamala Khan is the type of character I normally wouldn't like. But she's just so dorky and I love her. She's like Mr. Fantastic with a personality.
    Arterius
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,778
    I would kill to get Psylocke 
    Arterius