Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokemon Unite a new MOBA

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Nintendo just revealed:

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    edited June 2020
    This one's being met with a lot of negative feedback.

But honestly, the Pokemon IP is one of gaming's laziest, most money grubbing IPs. It doesn't evolve in accordance with its massive earnings, while other Nintendo IPs (Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem) actually continue to improve and release some of their best games.

This is the first Pokemon game in years that looks even vaguely interesting to me. If only because being a MOBA means that there is something more to the gameplay than "type advantage = one shot."
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I see this like minecraft dungeons (diablo for kids) Pokemon unite (lol/smite etc for kids) most likely fun to play with my kids and always loved Pokemon.  :D

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    And youre first thought was to post it in an mmorpg sub. 
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Aeander said:
    This one's being met with a lot of negative feedback.

But honestly, the Pokemon IP is one of gaming's laziest, most money grubbing IPs. It doesn't evolve in accordance with its massive earnings
    Probably because that what people want an enjoy. Why ruin a working formula? The only real thing people have been asking for is an MMO version.