Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen-The Infographics Show

klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
edited June 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
LMAO you know it's bad when Infographics makes a video on Your Game

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

[Deleted User]IselinKumaponWalkinGlenn

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    InB4 the three amigos come here to citizensplain that all is A OK :)
    [Deleted User]lahnmirklash2def[Deleted User]BeansnBread[Deleted User]Amathe
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Yeah, cue the usual claims.  At least they're relatively cozy and familiar excuses, honed by years of repetition.  
    [Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Huh there's an angle to this I hadn't considered, are the people developing this game miserable? Would they be able to quit and move on to something else without destroying their livelihood? I hope they do believe in what their making or are at least at peace with it.
    klash2def[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Iselin said:
    InB4 the three amigos come here to citizensplain that all is A OK :)
    ‘Citizensplain’  :D

Just spit out my morning coffee laughing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Iselinklash2defcameltosisAmathe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    "He was told the game is supposed to have 100 star systems and in 10 years they haven't even fully completed ONE star system"

yikes
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Would you believe No Man's Sky was only a concept, then a trailer, then launched, failed, was rebuilt and patched and has had a few years worth of good updates and SC is still mostly concept ships and talks of cave poo? This is why we question if this game will ever be fully realized.
    klash2def
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    edited June 2020
    klash2def said:
    "He was told the game is supposed to have 100 star systems and in 10 years they haven't even fully completed ONE star system"

yikes
    When they were still throwing around stretch goals, you could tell that with some of those goals  they had no clue how they were actually going to do it.  The goal just sounded good, and the money just poured in.  

The CIG boys didn't know how they were going to do one system, much less 100.  They're just making it up as they go along, but someone keeps screwing around with the script.
    klash2def

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    klash2def said:

yikes

That means next to nothing though.

Just because none of them is FINISHED doesnt mean they are all in the works (in parallel).

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    klash2def said:

yikes

That means next to nothing though.

Just because none of them is FINISHED doesnt mean they are all in the works (in parallel).

Nah, it does mean that. You'd have to be psychotic at this point to believe they are working on 100 systems in parallel. 
    klash2def
    edited June 2020
    Arterius said:
    I was high on Star Citizen for a few weeks before my PC broke and before I returned the replacement. Honestly, I feel like Elite Dangrous is, what Star Citizen was planning to be anyway. Especially with there new update.
    Elite Dangerous and No Mans Sky are much better products than Star Citizen is. I think Star Citizen promised too much and delivered very little of it.

I believe they can still deliver a game it's just that it won't be the game promised. They keep pushing back the goals, asking for more money.. to make it worse.. they keep getting PAID for this buggy Alpha they have.

No idea why people are throwing money at it still. 

It isn't complicated. People just want a good space sim. CR is treating it like a film where he can add every little idea he thinks of. It's becoming a joke. There isn't a sense of urgency there because they already got paid. All they gotta do now is talk about ships, release ships, and maybe add a new tech like combing your hair or whatever.

There are simply better options out there. Elite is like a better-looking version of EVE and has been offering a high-level Space Sim for over half a decade now. Hell, I'd rather play EVE then whatever SC is supposed to be. NMS is one of the top Sandbox games out with a constant stream of content delivered to it. Which now also has Trading and other space sim troupes. 

Here's what's funny, Elite is going to release Space Legs, FPS Features, and Planets with Atmo before SC even exits Alpha, and when that happens it's going to be over for SC.

Lots of people I'm guessing will jump ship at that point. SC fanbois are fabulous and claim they don't care about Elite getting all that but trust me they do.. Lol, Tears will be shed.
    Babuinix

Tiller said:
    Would you believe No Man's Sky was only a concept, then a trailer, then launched, failed, was rebuilt and patched and has had a few years worth of good updates and SC is still mostly concept ships and talks of cave poo? This is why we question if this game will ever be fully realized.
    <3 NMS

• Beholder2kBeholder2k Member UncommonPosts: 38
    This is good for Star Citizen
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259

Babuinix said:

People watch this streams for the lols. For the majority of gamers the only thing looking bad currently is your "game".

People watch this streams for the lols. For the majority of gamers the only thing looking bad currently is your "game".

Son you're crashing, might want to take some landing lessons :D

edited June 2020
    You never disappoint.

Practice makes perfect ;)

Loving the NMS & ED vibes:

• GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Star citizen/Squadron 42, is it 2 different games? it's very confusing.
    Babuinix said:

klash2def
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited June 2020
    Grintch said:
    2 Different games. Squadron 42 is the single-player story mode that will introduce all the lore and setting to the player. Star Citizen is a MMO Universe that will take place after the Squadron 42 adventures.
    Tiller said:
    Except they don't lol :D

I dare you to post a NMS or ED player made videos under 5 minutes showing more and better content than this ones:

I'll wait. B)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:
    Tiller said:

I dare you to post a NMS or ED player made videos under 5 minutes showing more and better content than this ones:

I'll wait. B)

I don't think you actually sat through the video. Kind of hard to defend the mess you guys bought into, but at least you tried. 
    botrytis
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Babuinix said:
    Grintch said:
    2 Different games. Squadron 42 is the single-player story mode that will introduce all the lore and setting to the player. Star Citizen is a MMO Universe that will take place after the Squadron 42 adventures.
    Tiller said:

I'll wait. B)
    https://youtu.be/cZyUT-tsJLc

Every single dot in that intro is an entire planet that can be walked upon, partially terraformed etc. Every, single, dot. More content, pfffft. If NMS is a desert SC is one grain of sand in it. An obscenely detailed and carefully crafted grain of sand, yes, but just one. And better content is objective, I reckon NMS has more gameplay loops then SC has though.

I hope I have NMSplained it clearly  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolouklash2def
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Big deal. Still can't buy the game. Let me know when it get's out of technical review......

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Xodic said:
    None of those promotional videos are an accurate representation of Star Citizen's current state. Your ship is going to disappear, you're going to get stuck, you're going to fall through floors, you're going to die randomly, your weapon isn't always going to work, you're going to crash, you're going to have fluctuating FPS, you're going to experience unexplainable shit at a constant rate. There are 5 year old bugs that still exist today, and they produce at least as many as they fail to fix with every update.

So lets not compare it to games that actually work and have stable releases.
    Maybe they'll start selling $3,000 ships with "Bug Insurance."
    Tiller[Deleted User]laxie
    Babuinix said:

I backed this "game" in 2015 hoping to get what was promised in a reasonable amount of time. I did not back this to watch streams on twitch, or videos on youtube and even less so to watch someone post viewer statistics or screenshots. 

I just wanna answer the call 2014.