Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Roadmap Roundup Sees Several Cards Move to Polishing

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageStar Citizen Roadmap Roundup Sees Several Cards Move to Polishing

The most recent roadmap roundup for Star Citizen announces several cards moving into polishing on the PU Roadmap.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlennKyleran

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.

Imagine having 600+ employees and spending $15 million or more per quarter but this is all you can deliver. Absolutely shameful.
    ErillionAgent_JosephWalkinGlennFrodoFraginsHyperpsycrowBabuinix
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Really impressed with the updates. Game is getting pretty good.
    Agent_JosephJaguaratron1WalkinGlennFrodoFragins
  • Beholder2kBeholder2k Member UncommonPosts: 38

Really impressed with the updates. Game is getting pretty good.

No new gameplay loop added ... impressive indeed considering the costs to produce what is available so far
    McSleazFrodoFragins
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.

Imagine having 600+ employees and spending $15 million or more per quarter but this is all you can deliver. Absolutely shameful.

This is probably the most bizarre game we have ever seen for sure......
    Agent_Joseph[Deleted User]FrodoFragins
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>> A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.>>>>

That is your educated opinion on this topic ?

Have fun
    JoeBloberHyperpsycrow

This is probably the most bizarre game we have ever seen for sure......

You should get around more often ;-)

Have fun
    ArglebargleJoeBlober
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Erillion said:

>>>> A single developer working from their bedroom would push out more content than these clowns.>>>>

Have fun

No, it's my hyperbolic opinion on the matter. Come on man, it should be pretty damn obvious....

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a piss poor return on 3 months work (actually 6 months if the staggered development teams are leap-frogging).
    Hyperpsycrow
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Erillion said:

Have fun

No, it's my hyperbolic opinion on the matter. Come on man, it should be pretty damn obvious....

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a piss poor return on 3 months work (actually 6 months if the staggered development teams are leap-frogging).

The single hyperbol I am interested in to get out are Publishers and their copy-paste of games and now for the upcoming years, their "Remastered something"
    The clowns as you said delivered an Alpha which have more unique features packed than any single triple-A released by multi-billions revenues companies.

SQ42 is half of the project. Until it is released, some will have an easy task to pretend it is a scam (even if defintion doesn't not amtch at all)... or pretend it is developed by clowns (because Anthem to be re-owrked from ground was developped by?).

Fine it does not matter. Those joining by ten thousands at every patch are able to enjoy a unique alpha game with quaterly patch.
    WalkinGlenn
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    And lets not forget SQ42 Beta Q3 2020, that will show them!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]IselinKyleranFrodoFragins
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    JoeBlober said:

Erillion said:

Have fun

The single hyperbol I am interested in to get out are Publishers and their copy-paste of games and now for the upcoming years, their "Remastered something"
    The clowns as you said delivered an Alpha which have more unique features packed than any single triple-A released by multi-billions revenues companies.

SQ42 is half of the project. Until it is released, some will have an easy task to pretend it is a scam (even if defintion doesn't not amtch at all)... or pretend it is developed by clowns (because Anthem to be re-owrked from ground was developped by?).

Fine it does not matter. Those joining by ten thousands at every patch are able to enjoy a unique alpha game with quaterly patch.
    So this is your newest fall back position, eh.  Let's see, Whataboutism  and 'Game development is Haaard!'?

Big Boss Man had 25 years to fine tune his ideas on this 'dream' game:  And 300+ mil down the pike it's still just a dream.  Not close to a real game, too many real game loops MIA.  But dreams sell well,  'cause you've got the ongoing excuses.

If you have a willing horse, beat him another mile.... 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Big Boss Man had 25 years to fine tune his ideas on this 'dream' game:  And 300+ mil down the pike it's still just a dream.  Not close to a real game, too many real game loops MIA.  But dreams sell well,  'cause you've got the ongoing excuses.

We got it: you want a date and nothing ambitious and totally missed that this project is not driven by CR alone but +1.2 million individual backers, growing everyday because they want something bold and ambitious rather than a shalow copy of space game.

By the way: kickstarter was not a thing 25 years back. What publishers served us during the last two decades proved CR would have had zero support from publishers beside making... a 5 to 5 SW squadron game, using past assets and no 64 bits precision game engine. Expect then SWS 2, 3, 4 both sold with no micro-transactions but at 35$ each :)
    edited June 2020
    Excuse me JoeBlobber, but who declared you official spokesperson of the 1.2 million backers? I am a backer and I most certainly do not want them to endlessly implement half-assed tier 0 stuff that never gets improved like Arena Commander and Star Marine.

You are just spouting the same BS like "the backers voted for an increase in scope" which is as far from the truth as your statement above.
    [Deleted User]
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    edited June 2020
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Well shit, I'm the only software engineer on my team and factually know I deliver more (agile development) deliverables on a quarterly basis than what star shitizen drops. 

(Everyone else is either a data scientist and or cost analyst)
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Well shit, I'm the only software engineer on my team and factually know I deliver more (agile development) deliverables on a quarterly basis than what star shitizen drops. 

Which tells me you have no idea what they deliver or not.

Please list their SQ42 deliverables. Which you cannot, as they are not publically known beyond a rough project task map.

Which tells ME a lot about how good a software engineer you claim to be.

Have fun

[Deleted User]jmlane223
    Excuse me JoeBlobber, but who declared you official spokesperson of the 1.2 million backers? I am a backer and I most certainly do not want them to endlessly implement half-assed tier 0 stuff that never gets improved like Arena Commander and Star Marine.

You are just spouting the same BS like "the backers voted for an increase in scope" which is as far from the truth as your statement above.

>>>> I am a backer and I most certainly do not want them to endlessly implement half-assed tier 0 stuff that never gets improved like Arena Commander and Star Marine. >>>

When was the last time you helped play-testing and/or submit bug reports ?

When was the last time you helped to make the "half-assed tier 0 stuff" into a polished and tested ready-to-launch stuff ?

You do not have to. Its your choice.

But it would be more constructive and helpful for the project you backed. And i guess you backed it for a reason.

Have fun
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Single player games don't usually have public Betas. At most it will be tested by a few trusted Evocati members but even that it's not a sure thing.
    KyleranWalkinGlenn
    edited June 2020

Erillion said:

>>>> I am a backer and I most certainly do not want them to endlessly
    implement half-assed tier 0 stuff that never gets improved like Arena
    Commander and Star Marine. >>>

When was the last time you helped play-testing and/or submit bug reports ?

When was the last time you helped to make the "half-assed tier 0 stuff" into a polished and tested ready-to-launch stuff ?

You do not have to. Its your choice.

But it would be more constructive and helpful for the project you backed. And i guess you backed it for a reason.

Have fun

I stopped play-testing when they removed the last inch of their accountabilty in the TOS, you know when they moved from full refunds if the game is not released within 18 month to we can do whatever. And here we are in the year 2020 with no end in sight.
    Post edited by Beholder2k on
    Beholder2k said:
    I stopped play-testing when they removed the last inch of their accountabilty in the TOS, you know when they moved from full refunds if the game is not released within 18 month to we can do whatever. And here we are in the year 2020 with no end in sight.

I don't think they miss you as much as you miss them though....

End in sight? I mean cmon a new 90daysTop crewmember is always welcomed but don't you think you should spice up the old speach a bit?  We've been through the old "doom collapse thingy" many times before and the result as been the same.

Game kept on being updated, new players joined along with a continuous record funding breaking every year. Rinse & Repeat. B)

Erillion

Babuinix said:

Beholder2k said:

I don't think they miss you as much as you miss them though....

End in sight? I mean cmon a new 90daysTop crewmember is always welcomed but don't you think you should spice up the old speach a bit?  We've been through the old "doom collapse thingy" many times before and the result as been the same.

Game kept on being updated, new players joined along with a continuous record funding breaking every year. Rinse & Repeat. B)

I am talking about NO end to the development cycle in sight and you imply that I talk about an imminent colapse of the project?

Jesus, am I the only one thinking that lately the defense attempts of the shills lack the same effort as CIGs development ? ROFL dude.
    I am talking about NO end to the development cycle in sight and you imply that I talk about an imminent colapse of the project?

Jesus, am I the only one thinking that lately the defense attempts of the shills lack the same effort as CIGs development ? ROFL dude.
    But that's what the sign of a healthy MMORPG is. No end in sight. It just keeps getting updates after updates while maintained by an ever increasing player-base which provides a healthy funding revenue. 

The day a mmorpg stops updating it's game it's when the development cycle is reaching an end. It's clear a sign of decay and imminent closure or abandon by it's dev's.

Please try to keep up lol :D

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Erillion said:
    jmlane223 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Which tells me you have no idea what they deliver or not.

Please list their SQ42 deliverables. Which you cannot, as they are not publically known beyond a rough project task map.

Which tells ME a lot about how good a software engineer you claim to be.

Have fun

For all you know i could be claiming to be a shit software engineer. Point being i factually know I've delivered more products in a shorter time span than star shitizen has in the same period. Which that is what is sad, shitty software engineer or not.

You obviously regret your backing amount though and feel the need to defend the game to fight that feeling.

Have more fun defending star shitizen
  • ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    This game could still be in development instead of released in 2050 and Erillion would still be here defending the project development speed. 
    jmlane223
    edited June 2020
    Babuinix said:

But that's what the sign of a healthy MMORPG is. No end in sight. It just keeps getting updates after updates while maintained by an ever increasing player-base which provides a healthy funding revenue. 

The day a mmorpg stops updating it's game it's when the development cycle is reaching an end. It's clear a sign of decay and imminent closure or abandon by it's dev's.

Please try to keep up lol :D

Massively Multi Player Online Role Playing Game / MMORPG

NOUN (mmorpgs)

• An online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously.

First of all Star Citizen can not handle more than 50 players per instance (far from the promised hundreds of thousands) which is not massive at all, and also doesn't support the usual AAA Game/BDSSE arguments that are being used as a defense for years now. Your reply, again, does not make much sense and, again, has nothing to do with what was actually posted/quoted.

Secondly, an MMORPG usually gets developed, released and then expanded. Star Citizen is still sitting at (pre) Alpha after all this years and all the money which brings me back to my statement of "no end in sight". Before a patch it is all nice and dandy, and when the patch finally gets released mostly polish of existing stuff and ships remain in the final patch notes with no tangible progress being made.

If you don't want to argue the points posters are making here on the forum I'd suggest you stick to what you are good at ... posting screenshots.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    edited June 2020

We got it: you want a date and nothing ambitious and totally missed that this project is not driven by CR alone but +1.2 million individual backers, growing everyday because they want something bold and ambitious rather than a shalow copy of space game.

By the way: kickstarter was not a thing 25 years back. What publishers served us during the last two decades proved CR would have had zero support from publishers beside making... a 5 to 5 SW squadron game, using past assets and no 64 bits precision game engine. Expect then SWS 2, 3, 4 both sold with no micro-transactions but at 35$ each 

quote from the blobs....quoting acting funny on back up computer....

What we get is that you like to set up Straw Man arguments and so proudly knock them down.

CR has (poorly) called the management shots for years.  The more he's moved away from real control, the better it is for the game.  There is that hope though, as Erin has at least helmed a released game this century.

Oh and so you laughably claim that in the last two decades, no innovative games have  been designed and delivered?  For less than $350 mil?  Quite a claim.  Maybe you better dial back your Straw Man hyperbole.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

First of all Star Citizen can not handle more than 50 players per instance (far from the promised hundreds of thousands).
    Secondly, an MMORPG usually gets developed..

Star Citizen is being developed, like all features networking and server tech is actively being worked and improoved. When making MMORPG's you incrementally increase player cap as you develop things, you don't start with hundreds of thousands from the get go.

Cmon man if you gonna give the trouble to create another dupe account to troll Star Citizen threads at least put some brains in it. Rehashing the same old moot points gets you 0 cookies lol

Buy an Idris :D