Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So long, and thanks for all the fish (@DMKano)

1235»

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited June 2020
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm sure people claim I'm racist and frankly I don't care anymore. I see issues on both sides of the fence, not just one. My problem is the constant lopsided views from the LEFT who ALWAYS ignore the complete facts and / or whole truths. I promise you not one damn person in this country thinks Floyd deserved to die, but I promise you 99% of the LEFT think everyone on the right thinks that way. You don't care about the truth or reality. You let your emotions cloud your judgement and refuse to listen to reason.

I could show hundreds, no, thousands of videos of certain people constantly resisting arrest, running, fighting, attacking, whatever. Hell, even Chris Rock made a comedy skit about it. Maybe when the LEFT admits to the whole problem instead of just focusing on the crap they need to incite racial tension, things might actually improve. Nope, instead the entire black community is teaming up with known terrorist like ANTIFA to tear the country apart. Rioting and looting, burning and destroying. Call me a racist all you want, I see the world for what it is and BOTH sides have some serious issues to deal with. 
    "99% of the LEFT think everyone on the right thinks that way."

"You let your emotions cloud your judgement and refuse to listen to reason."
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited June 2020
    For some reason, I thought this was a thread about DMKano deleting his account. I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good poster who brought interesting insights to many discussions. I will miss him.

Remember, it takes TWO (or more) to argue. So I find myself wondering why one side is called disruptive and not the other...

Thanks to @lahnmir for the hijack. <salute>
    Perhaps, in the light of current events, he didn’t want to be part of a crowd with so many, formerly hidden, racist people anymore. And I can fully understand that him getting a ban while certain others can spew their garbage uninterrupted could be the straw that broke the camels back. Just an assumption.

KyleranCaffynatedIsilithTehrothphoenixfire2

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited June 2020
    People are TALKING AT EACH not listening. With listening, one is calm, listens to EVERYTHING a person says and the responds respectfully. On the internet, everyone thinks they are anonymous so they be ass-hats all the time. 

@Rhoklaw This is especially in Political discussions. I remember reading about President Ford and Tip O'Neal having a radio show together to discuss political topics. It did get heated but they always respected each other's opinions. This is how it should be, not going off half cocked and calling people names and being disrespectful. One keeps talking about facts, well, without putting the actual facts down, links, etc. who knows if the facts are real? There is tons of noise and nonsense on the internet and it is hard to find fact from fiction.

That said I will miss @DMkano and hope he finds peace where ever he lands.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    AlBQuirky said:
    For some reason, I thought this was a thread about DMKano deleting his account. I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good poster who brought interesting insights to many discussions. I will miss him.

Remember, it takes TWO (or more) to argue. So I find myself wondering why one side is called disruptive and not the other...

Perhaps, in the light of current events, he didn’t want to be part of a crowd with so many, formerly hidden, racist people anymore. And I can fully understand that him getting a ban while certain others can spew their garbage uninterrupted could be the straw that broke the camels back. Just an assumption.

I know, I posted an apology further down the line. It most certainly wasn’t my intention to unleash this shitstorm. So, again, sorry.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranGdemami
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    AlBQuirky said:

I saw someone the other day post (not here): "You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.". 
    If only we weren't so intent on proving how right we are. 
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]Kyleran

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

I know, I posted an apology further down the line. It most certainly wasn’t my intention to unleash this shitstorm. So, again, sorry.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I don't know what to say. I had lots of "thoughts" through this 5 page shitstorm and only made the one post. You, however, could not bide your tongue, or fingers in this case). Is your apology valid?

I can believe in mistakes. I've made plenty myself. But you made a decision to take the time to call others racist (basically for not agreeing with your political vierws), an all too common practice these days. Multiple times you call others "disruptive" when YOU were the instigator here.

You also followed up with many replies. So... is your apology sincere, or just trying to soothe your own guilt?
    lahnmirGdemamiBrainyalkarionlogphoenixfire2

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    AlBQuirky said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I don't know what to say. I had lots of "thoughts" through this 5 page shitstorm and only made the one post. You, however, could not bide your tongue, or fingers in this case). Is your apology valid?

I can believe in mistakes. I've made plenty myself. But you made a decision to take the time to call others racist (basically for not agreeing with your political vierws), an all too common practice these days. Multiple times you call others "disruptive" when YOU were the instigator here.

You also followed up with many replies. So... is your apology sincere, or just trying to soothe your own guilt?
    In all honesty? Both probably. I did not want to taint a goodbye thread and it was a genuine train of thought on the reason as to why Kano left. Was it colored by my opinion and should I have shown more constraint? Yes. But I also believe that letting things slide isn’t a valid course of action in some cases, this being one of them. My first post however, I could have thought about the wording, time and place to post it a bit more.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranGdemamiAlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

This discussion has been closed.