Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So long, and thanks for all the fish (@DMKano)

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    klash2def said:
    Klash2def is definitely not racist. I understand that many dumb fucks in this site are convinced that klash is racist and that he is the problem, but you are gravely mistaken. 

1: Klash has only defended himself and spoken out against racism and bigotry.

2: as was already made clear, racism involves some form of oppression from one group of people to marginalized poeples. Oppression is a requisite of racism. Without the oppression component, it’s bigotry and prejudice, but not racism. And don’t quote some Merriam Webster dictionary whose definition is outdated. And don’t say ‘prove it’ because you all should be old enough to do your own research. There’s plenty of scholarly resources out there to begin educating yourselves.

I know this post post isn’t going to lead to a moment of clarity for many of you who are too closed minded and too lazy to challenge your own conventional thinking. I realize that nothing I say will lead to a moment of enlightenment. I’m not saying this for you. I’m saying this because it’s whats right. 

Klash and everyone else that understands the pervasiveness and malignancy of racism and to those who want to do something about it, I stand with you. 
    I just posted the literal definition. Maybe check it out. 
    I did. Maybe challenge yourself to look beyond the first definition you come across. Maybe put in a little more time and effort to fully understand he concept. Racism is more complex than a couple of sentences that are written in an outdated source.  Maybe dig a little deeper and get a little uncomfortable. That’s where growth occurs, in that area of discomfort. 
    That’s every definition. The only time that’s not the definition is when someone wants to claim that they can’t be racist because they can’t oppress. I doubt anyone in this website holds any power to actually oppress anyone so by that fake definition no one on here can be racist. 

Try educating yourself instead of only following your feelings. Definitions exist for a reason. 
    No, you need to educate yourself. Its not a surface level issue you can just read in a dictionary. The fact that you think it is, is exactly why we are in this shit now in our country. 

I was right. Everything I said was true, I don't care who likes it, and I don't care whos comfortable. I'm not looking to make friends with older white men. I don't give a damn what you think, I'm just telling you, that I'm not going to tolerate racism on this site. 

If I see it, I'm calling it out. Period. I'm done being nice and trying to explain my position to a room of people looking to misunderstand me.

What's really crazy is more people are ATTACKING ME than the actual people who said racist shit right in front of their faces. They would rather condemn me for calling out the racism but not the people actually committing the racism. Amazing. 
    And I won’t stop pointing out the absurdity of changing definitions to fit an argument. You don’t have to accept the definition, but that’s what it is and anyone can be racist. No argument will change that.

Which people are being racist and what racism did they do? I’ll gladly defend against it. I abhor racism. Just point it out as I don’t always read all of every post.  Also, just for clarity, are you going by the actual definition or yours?
    Caffynated
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Oh, this thread is the biggest proof of stupidity I've ever seen. 

I can't believe I thought you older people were smarter than this. I can't believe how stupid some of you are. Forget that you are determined to call me racist, forget that you ignore everything I say, look for me to say the word "white" then make a comment. Forget all that...

This takes the cake.

Dudes are literally pulling up DICTIONARY definitions to find the truth about what Racism really is... they don't want to believe what I'm saying that bad! 

That's how I know what I said cut to the fucking bone. Truth has that effect. You have no answer or response because you don't really know what it's about. YOU HAVE to look at a dictionary...

I see it for what it is. A lot of You just want to silence and police a another black voice. You get a kick out of it. That's how I see it. Look at all the people attacking me here...not because I did anything wrong. But because I told the truth. A truth I was asked to tell when somebody pulled me in here by lying on my name. 

This is so amazingly sad. A black man is telling you what the pillars of Racism really are, and your first reaction is to say.. "No but the dictionary says"

Stupid people are really fucking stupid. 
    KyleranGdemami
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:
    Oh, this thread is the biggest proof of stupidity I've ever seen. 

I can't believe I thought you older people were smarter than this. I can't believe how stupid some of you are. Forget that you are determined to call me racist, forget that you ignore everything I say, look for me to say the word "white" then make a comment. Forget all that...

This takes the cake.

Dudes are literally pulling up DICTIONARY definitions to find the truth about what Racism really is... they don't want to believe what I'm saying that bad! 

That's how I know what I said cut to the fucking bone. Truth has that effect. You have no answer or response because you don't really know what it's about. YOU HAVE to look at a dictionary...

I see it for what it is. A lot of You just want to silence and police a another black voice. You get a kick out of it. That's how I see it. Look at all the people attacking me here...not because I did anything wrong. But because I told the truth. A truth I was asked to tell when somebody pulled me in here by lying on my name. 

This is so amazingly sad. A black man is telling you what the pillars of Racism really are, and your first reaction is to say.. "No but the dictionary says"

Stupid people are really fucking stupid. 
    Ok, it’s clear you don’t care about facts. You don’t care to solve real problems. Look, it’s disgusting if someone has ever treated you different because of the color of your skin, but use facts to fight it. Use truth. I’ll even help you. 
    MustikosAlBQuirkyKyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    While hardly the largest problem with political threads on a forum like this, one of the problems is that you're not going to convince anyone.  To convince someone to support a position that they didn't previously support, you have to bring a new argument or new information that they hadn't heard before.  On well-worn political issues, unless you've got a really unorthodox view (which probably also won't convince anyone), anyone who cares enough to read your post has already heard your arguments.  Someone who disagreed before reading your post will still disagree after it, as he'll reject the arguments when you make them for the same reason that he rejected the same arguments the other fifteen times that he saw them.

The arguments that can actually change people's minds about issues are those that haven't already been hotly debated.  For discussing politics, that generally means avoiding the issues that are actually controversial.  If I told you that the United States' foreign policy toward Uzbekistan ought to change in such and such a manner specific to that particular country, there's some chance that I could convince you to agree with me, if only because you had never heard of the issue before.  But not if we're arguing about a well-worn issue such as what is or is not racist.

But you know what issues could have productive discussions?  Talking about some new game, or at least, game that you haven't played very much.  Or a game that has been updated in ways that changed something that you previously liked or disliked about the game.  You know, the point of this site.
    mmoloucameltosisSandmanjwAlBQuirkyGdemami
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2020
    And I won’t stop pointing out the absurdity of changing definitions to fit an argument. You don’t have to accept the definition, but that’s what it is and anyone can be racist. No argument will change that.

Which people are being racist and what racism did they do? I’ll gladly defend against it. I abhor racism. Just point it out as I don’t always read all of every post.  Also, just for clarity, are you going by the actual definition or yours?

I realize now I'm wasting my time here. All this whitesplaining is making my head hurt. it's frustrating to talk to people that keep moving the goalposts and ignoring everything you say to look for keywords to get mad about. 

Man, I don't give a fuck what the definition you read says. Cleary I don't. Only one of us pulled out a dictionary to find out what racism is. It wasn't me. YOU HAD TO DO THAT. You needed that definition. I do not.

The Pillars of Racism are Economic and Social Oppression. That's true. That alone is going to provide you with years of insight.  I don't care what that fucking definition says. I'm telling you that's what it is. You seem to think that a definition is the answer to such a complicated issue...

Go do some research, read literature by black people, talk to black people.. see how they live. LISTEN to their stories. Stop thinking you KNOW EVERYTHING...you don't know SHIT. not a fucking thing. Look up who owns everything, look up where the wealth of America is, then look up how they got it.. keep tracing the money.. follow it.. see how it all started in Slavery... then see how many slaves got a chance to share that wealth they helped make...then learn about how they stopped blacks from voting and having a civil voice..further causing oppression. Look up redlining, look up mass incarceration..how blacks were going to jail for LOOKING at white people... because good lol "FREE LABOR" look up the crack years when the government literally placed crack in those redlined areas...do your fucking research before you talk to me. 

This isn't my job dude. I'm not your fucking teacher, you are too old to not know about this shit. I'm sick of your gaslighting bullshit. 

You don't speak to understand you always try to score points and gaslight. I'm done entertaining your shit. Do your research outside of a quick google.

This is what I mean... white Americans want to whitesplain so bad about what racism is but have no idea... here's an idea.. shut the fuck up about it! If you don't want me to say anything stop talking about it! You have NO FUCKING CLUE what racism is about so shut the FUCK UP! You aren't qualified to speak about this. YOU definitely do not get to whitesplain to ME what racism really is about.. you need to shut the FUCK up and LISTEN!

THATS ALL YOU NEED TO DO. LISTEN TO BLACK PEOPLE. Stop trying to fucking whitesplain away everything we say and listen! That's why this shit happening now because people don't fucking listen, they just wanna score points. 

You have to experience it. You will never. So best not to speak on it right. Especially when you are as ill-informed as you are. 

The Dictionary also has a definition of what a car is.

It doesn't mention anywhere that a car can kill you in its definition. 

I don't care anymore. I'm out. Done talking to brick walls. 

I'm not proving shit else to anybody here.

fuck racists. My generation is going to fix this mess that you boomers made and pretended didn't happen. Don't worry. We will continue to fix shit long after you are dead. Don't worry you don't have long.. a few decades if that. Things WILL get better. One way or the other.

You got the response you wanted yet? Good. 

Stop talking to me. 
    ChildoftheShadowsstrawhat0981KyleranGdemami
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:

I realize now I'm wasting my time here. All this whitesplaining is making my head hurt. 

Man, I don't give a fuck what the definition you read says. Cleary I don't. Only one of us pulled out a dictionary to find out what racism is. It wasn't me. 

The Pillars of Racism are Economic and Social Oppression. That alone is going to provide you with years of insight. Go do some research, read literature by black people, talk to black people.. see how they live. Listen to their stories.

Do your research outside of a quick google.

This is what I mean... white Americans want to whitesplain so bad about what racism is but have no idea... here a idea.. shut the fuck up about it! If you don't want me to say anything stop talking about it! You have NO FUCKING CLUE what racism is about. 

You have to experience it. 

The Dictionary also has a definition of what a car is.

It doesn't mention anywhere that a car can kill you in its definition. 
    There’s no discussion to be had. You don’t care. 
    AlBQuirkyKyleranCaffynated
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Please for god's sake stop!
    SandmanjwAlBQuirkyKylerancheyane

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Much respect DMkano

Sorry to hear that you deleted your account. Even if you disagreed you could always count on an intelligent well informed conversation.
    AmatheAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Gdemami

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    kitarad said:
    Please for god's sake stop!
    Couldn't agree more. If I want this shit I'll watch TV. I can't believe they are leaving this thread open. Guess it sums up what's happening on this site. Nothing else to talk about so let's ignore our rules about politics, racism etc. Sad indeed.
    SandmanjwAlBQuirky
    edited June 2020
    All of a sudden people are wanting to stop. fuck all of you. 

Not one of these accounts said "Stop" to the people that actually put me in the conversation by lying on me... nobody said stop then. Nobody bothered. When people said racist shit to me... not one of you said stop when multiple people gang up on me and attack me relentlessly for having an opinion. Not one of you said stop when people are whitesplaining and gaslighting racism to me a black person.. None of you asked them to stop then.

All it takes is for the black person to actually respond with the same energy that's given to him and everybody suddenly wants peace. Now everyone wants it to stop. 

Fuck outta here. Fuck this place. I'm done here. Ive been here since 2011 and I've experienced this type of shit every single year on this site. It used to be monitored way better, but now the racism is just open and nobody gives a fuck but me. Now the mods just wait until Klash2def responds so a bunch of people can attack him, gaslight him and then they close the thread. Not before when they first see the racist comments.. oh no.. we need klash in there so it can really escalate. Lets not punish those people either. Let's focus on Klash only. 

Im sick of being a punching bag. 

Nobody tells them to stop. Only me. Only I'm attacked. Its like you dont see anybody but me. You ignore everything that happens to get me out. You just focus on me. As I said..

Fuck this place. Its become an echo chamber for conservative boomers and racists. I'm out. 

strawhat0981Brainychilltime99KyleranCaffynatedGdemami

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    I almost got sucked into it but cleared my post before I posted it.  I think I'll go oppress someone, that always makes me feel better.
    MustikosAlBQuirkyKyleran
    Klash2def is definitely not racist. I understand that many dumb fucks on this site are convinced that klash is racist and that he is the problem, but you are gravely mistaken. 

2: as was already made clear, racism involves some form of oppression from one group of people to marginalized peoples. Oppression is a requisite of racism. Without the oppression component, it’s bigotry and prejudice, but not racism. And don’t quote some Merriam Webster dictionary whose definition is outdated. And don’t say ‘prove it’ because you all should be old enough to do your own research. There’s plenty of scholarly resources out there to begin educating yourselves.

I know this post post isn’t going to lead to a moment of clarity for many of you who are too closed minded and too lazy to challenge your own conventional thinking. I realize that nothing I say will lead to a moment of enlightenment. I’m not saying this for you. I’m saying this because it’s what‘s right. 

Klash and everyone else that understands the pervasiveness and malignancy of racism and to those who want to do something about it, I stand with you. 

tomahawk1930KyleranGdemami

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    klash2def said:

Not one of these accounts said "Stop" to the people that actually put me in the conversation by lying on me... nobody said stop then. Nobody bothered. When people said racist shit to me... not one of you said stop when multiple people gang up on me and attack me relentlessly for having an opinion. Not one of you said stop when people are whitesplaining and gaslighting racism to me a black person.. None of you asked them to stop then.

All it takes is for the black person to actually respond with the same energy that's given to him and everybody suddenly wants peace. Now everyone wants it to stop. 

Fuck outta here. Fuck this place. I'm done here. Ive been here since 2011 and I've experienced this type of shit every single year on this site. It used to be monitored way better, but now the racism is just open and nobody gives a fuck but me. Now the mods just wait until Klash2def responds so a bunch of people can attack him, gaslight him and then they close the thread. Not before when they first see the racist comments.. oh no.. we need klash in there so it can really escalate. Lets not punish those people either. Let's focus on Klash only. 

Nobody tells them to stop. Only me. Only I'm attacked. Its like you dont see anybody but me. You ignore everything that happens to get me out. You just focus on me. As I said..

Fuck this place. Its become an echo chamber for conservative boomers and racists. I'm out. 

Gonna delete your account?
    k61977TokkenBrainyAlBQuirkyKyleranIsilithTehroth
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited June 2020
    klash2def said:
    Brainy said:
    Klash2def is definitely not racist. I understand that many dumb fucks on this site are convinced that klash is racist and that he is the problem, but you are gravely mistaken. 

2: as was already made clear, racism involves some form of oppression from one group of people to marginalized peoples. Oppression is a requisite of racism. Without the oppression component, it’s bigotry and prejudice, but not racism. And don’t quote some Merriam Webster dictionary whose definition is outdated. And don’t say ‘prove it’ because you all should be old enough to do your own research. There’s plenty of scholarly resources out there to begin educating yourselves.

I know this post post isn’t going to lead to a moment of clarity for many of you who are too closed minded and too lazy to challenge your own conventional thinking. I realize that nothing I say will lead to a moment of enlightenment. I’m not saying this for you. I’m saying this because it’s what‘s right. 

Just googled "racist definition" and top 4 definitions (stopped reading at 4, could be all of them).  None of them say anything about power/oppression being required to be a racist.

This is what I mean. Boomers really are fucking stupid.

Do you think a dictionary created in 1800s would mention the oppression of black people?

Do you think that if it's not in a dictionary then it must not be true?

That's your meter for truth? a fucking dictionary from the 1800s? 

was not your father a boomer?

also din't you said you wouldn't return to this topic?

also start your own topic you guys derailed this one too much already

and where is teh mods to close the topic?

when the damn thing was not political you guys close now is full out of war politics and semantics and racism no one is closing this?
    AlBQuirky
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    klash2def said:

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than for them to leave or be banned. I'm sick of hearing them.

However, here's the thing. It's unfortunate that the topic had to take place here, in a thread that is meant to be an epithet to a friend and long time staple of these boards.

No one is telling you to stop. Unfortunately, neither will they change their mind whether they are confronted for 3 pages or 3,000. They're a stupid people, defined by their ability to shout. 

I don't pretend to speak for DMKano, a man whom I respect but typically disagree with, but I can't imagine he'd want his send off to look like an 8chan raid.
    alkarionlogMustikosklash2defBrainychilltime99KyleranCaffynatedGdemami
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    If the news is true, farewell @DMKano. Your contributions to this community will be missed.
    AlBQuirky
    --------------------------------------------
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Well, this thread went downhill very quickly since I checked before bed!

Sad to see DMKano go, I enjoyed his posts and insights a lot. But, this being the internet, I hope he'll be back at some point in the future.

AlBQuirky
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's good that one cannot get banned for what one almost posted. Because I have typed about a 100 posts in the last two days venting my anger, but checked my swing. If only more people would do the same.
    AlBQuirkyKyleran[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It was pretty peaceful here for the most part before a few newish folks showed up in the last few months to try and disrupt the balance.
    klash2defk61977AeanderMustikosAsm0deusIselinKyleranGdemami
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2020
    Aeander said:
    klash2def said:

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than for them to leave or be banned. I'm sick of hearing them.

However, here's the thing. It's unfortunate that the topic had to take place here, in a thread that is meant to be an epithet to a friend and long time staple of these boards.

No one is telling you to stop. Unfortunately, neither will they change their mind whether they are confronted for 3 pages or 3,000. They're a stupid people, defined by their ability to shout. 

I don't pretend to speak for DMKano, a man whom I respect but typically disagree with, but I can't imagine he'd want his send off to look like an 8chan raid.
    It is astonishing the length you will go to try and defend him.  The only one shouting for 3000 pages is that ignorant, racist fool.  You would rather this turn into an Antifa/BLM love fest where all different opinions are violently suppressed.  

It just shows he is the PROBLEM,  he took people asking EVERYONE to stop as a direct attack at him, yet you still defend him.  He HATES PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN FULL STOP.  

He is the only racist on these boards and I hope he deleted his account, let him run off to reddit and twitter where he is protected from being called the ignorant, hateful racist he is.  
    Why don’t you just leave? A three week old account with every single comment containing politically charged drivel. You have ruined pretty much every thread you have participated in, you are no contributor, you are no part of this community, you are the problem you accuse others of.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MustikosTiller[Deleted User]klash2defAeanderBrainychilltime99kitaradIselinKyleranand 3 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    klash2def said:

It is astonishing the length you will go to try and defend him.  The only one shouting for 3000 pages is that ignorant, racist fool.  You would rather this turn into an Antifa/BLM love fest where all different opinions are violently suppressed.  

It just shows he is the PROBLEM,  he took people asking EVERYONE to stop as a direct attack at him, yet you still defend him.  He HATES PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN FULL STOP.  

He is the only racist on these boards and I hope he deleted his account, let him run off to reddit and twitter where he is protected from being called the ignorant, hateful racist he is.  
    Why don’t you just leave? A three week old account with every single comment containing politically charged drivel. You have ruined pretty much every thread you have participated in, you are no contributor, you are no part of this community, you are the problem you accuse others of.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Agree, this poster has done nothing but stir stuff up since day one. I'm sure no one would shed a tear if they left lol.
    klash2deflahnmirMustikoschilltime99
    SWG Bloodfin vet

^ He just can't help himself, says he's providing "facts" but I don't remember anyone asking for his "facts" lmao.
    chilltime99klash2def
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    klash2def said:

Please go...i for one, am tired of the political and racist crap.

never seen a clearer picture of a thread hijack ever....

I for one am so sorry that a  goodbye post to a rather long time poster of this site, has been turned into a place for certain people to create more drama and discord.

Shame on the people using this thread for this crap and shame on this site for allowing this to happen.
    MightyUncleanAlBQuirkyTokkenKyleranYashaXBrainyphoenixfire2
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Sandmanjw said:
    klash2def said:

Please go...i for one, am tired of the political and racist crap.

never seen a clearer picture of a thread hijack ever....

I for one am so sorry that a  goodbye post to a rather long time poster of this site, has been turned into a place for certain people to create more drama and discord.

Shame on the people using this thread for this crap and shame on this site for allowing this to happen.
    It really is a bad look to get involved in a political or racial discussion, go into a rage when people have opinions different than your own, and quit.

In other news, seeya DMKano.  Many will miss you.
This discussion has been closed.