Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any games like minecraft with realistic and better graphics ? (pvp)

2»

Comments

• neutrinoideneutrinoide Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Everquest Next, Landmark  :p
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]cheyane
  • nirmalsinghnirmalsingh Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Cube World is much more similar to Minecraft mod game with cartoonish and funny effects. Got it via GBWA
    Cubeworld has weird colors. Somehow reminds me of Sonic Classic
  • nirmalsinghnirmalsingh Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Cube World is similar to Minecraft Mod APK with cartoonish graphics and bright colors. Got it via GBWA
    Cubeworld has very weird colors. Somehow reminds me of Sonic classic
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Sylvinstar
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited November 2020
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    7 Days To Die 
    PC version is best but Console version is also good, especially if they can port it to PS5 for more playera

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's kinda hard to find anything like minecraft that looks more realistic.  Most of the games mentioned by posters are not minecraft and not substitutes tbh.  There are a couple other games mincraft like, but once again you get into the cartoony look.

I personally, would look at resource packs.  It's amazing at the difference resource packs and mods can do to the game.  Even if you don't want any mods  (There are a lot of good ones out there)  I would definitely look at Resource Packs.

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Hehe I remember trying Minecraft...i have no idea how it has more than one player....I guess you have to have been raised on Legos, which I was not.....TO me "blocky" is not an appealing visual. WHen someone's head looks like a cement square placed on their shoulders, that is a turn off.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Hehe I remember trying Minecraft...i have no idea how it has more than one player....I guess you have to have been raised on Legos, which I was not.....TO me "blocky" is not an appealing visual. WHen someone's head looks like a cement square placed on their shoulders, that is a turn off.

I think that's where people approach the game as "a game" over something realistic.

You have a good point as maybe it's because there's a segment of the population who did grow up with legos, tinkertoys, lincoln logs (whatever) they might be more amenable to playing such games the require a bit of forgiveness or imagination.

Having said that, I do know some much younger people who love mindcraft so it's possible that it's just the novelty of the whole thing and that block people don't really take away from the experience.

So, the "it's more a game" idea.
    Champie
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    You could try Space Engineers and Eco. Although the graphics aren't that much more realstic, they might scratch the itch.
  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    There's Trion's "Trove"

https://www.trionworlds.com/trove/en/

Not sure if it has PvP, but is pretty similar to Minecraft as far as the blockiness - which sounds like is not for you.
    Asheram said:
    Absolutely, positively 100% this.
    Wizardry said:
    I can't find the game i thought was pretty good,looked all over.The game was using more than just simple squares which is why i thought it stood above the rest.The video i watched had a cute corgi in it,so if you see the video anywhere,that is the game i was looking at.

I did look at those other two games people listed and i would say that some studios are doing a real nice job with a very simple platform.I wish we could see efforts like these with real game engines.

There are games out there, but I've found I've had to try things that don't always look 100% like my cup of tea in order to find them.  Xbox Gamepass has been a godsend because I don't have to "buy a game" to try it.

Hybrid puzzle games like Carto and Call of the Sea I can name right off the top of my head (exploration, puzzles, and story heavy).  The graphics fall on heavily on the art side, but some of the humor in Carto's story made me laugh, and the story in Call of the Sea - which came with  a killer decision to be made at the end - was a terrific add on to the exploration and puzzle side of the game.

Pixel art game Children of Morta is another standout.  Beautiful pixel art and animations with great RPG elements and amazing story AND you can couch co-op...BUT it's also a Roguelike.  I've never tried a Roguelike, because I thought I'd hate that type of game due to its nature. So glad it was on Gamepass, because putting different classes in the game via different family members and then tying that to the story (one lone family fighting together to save their world) is genius.  It also helps that the combat is smooth.
    edited July 2021
    Sovrath said:

I think that's where people approach the game as "a game" over something realistic.

You have a good point as maybe it's because there's a segment of the population who did grow up with legos, tinkertoys, lincoln logs (whatever) they might be more amenable to playing such games the require a bit of forgiveness or imagination.

Having said that, I do know some much younger people who love mindcraft so it's possible that it's just the novelty of the whole thing and that block people don't really take away from the experience.

So, the "it's more a game" idea.
    It's both things.

Kids:
    I know for a fact that tons of kids love Minecraft and Roblox.  Just look at the money they make and then look at the content.  Multi,multi,multi millionaire Youtuber Unspeakable began his career (and still posts) Minecraft videos for the younger crowd.  Let's just say he has a few followers.  He is not the only one that has made a career youtubing Minecraft either.

Adults:
    I play Minecraft with my son.  Imagination is part of it - yeah I grew up with Lincoln Logs (DON"T ever play with these in the bath tub hahahah), Lego's and Tinker Toys etc.  But I mean that was what D&D was all about back when they launced that wonderful red book as well.  That and - well before video games became commonplace in the home (Atari, Colecovision, Odysee etc.) a shooter was you and some neighborhood buddies with sticks for guns and pears from the neighborhood tree for grenades..just sayin.

Lastly, your comment about the "game" superseding the graphics is spot on.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2021
    Rising World is a really nice game with more realism .. Ive enjoyed my time in it ..

On Sale for 11$ , thats a great deal

• DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    It's not realistic, but Trove is a fun game.  It's got pvp, you're own island to build and players can visit.  It's a fun game.
  • brianlanderbrianlander Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I love Weapon Craft Run Android game
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Qbertq said:
    It's not realistic, but Trove is a fun game.  It's got pvp, you're own island to build and players can visit.  It's a fun game.
    No PvP but fun? Does.not.compute. :)
  • gameplayingmonkeygameplayingmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Vintage Story is probably your best bet if you want a more serious and hardcore minecraft, voxels and all. I havn't played it online though, so I'm not sure if theres PvP servers or not but my singleplayer experience was unforgiving.

• DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Scot said:
    Qbertq said:
    it's got pvp!!

Scot
  • Cactus_LFRezCactus_LFRez Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Not sure why this was resurrected but,

You won't find a realistic version of Minecraft,
    The reason Minecraft can do what it does is because the world is made of blocks(voxels).

If you have a more realistic non block world everything becomes vastly more complicated and you will likely not be able to achieve the scale of Minecraft.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    Qbertq said:
    it's got pvp!!

Misread, it just does not come up to my graphics minimum, but it looks way better than MC.
  • misbah_tariqmisbah_tariq Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Traffic rider 2 games. you can play easily and smooth and high graphics. i can play daily free time. you can download traffic rider racing game this site.