Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 - The Road to Playable

13»

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

It's easiest when you have a ranged class. You can stay strafed and gain or lose ground on the target.  Techer I would think would be one of the tougher classes to play because of melee and charging techs. 

99.9% chance I'm "doing it wrong".
  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I hear you.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited June 2020
    I mapped the dodge to the 5th mouse button I have on my gaming mouse which is close to my index finger. It's an extra button they have on the UtechSmart mouse and it also has 12 side buttons which has the subpalette mapped to.

I think you dodge in the direction your WASD is pressed or you can tap the WASD keys twice to dodge in whichever direction you want. I have done that although I tend to try to run around which is like I have lead in my boots and makes hardly any progress.

Do you have to level the subclass by actually play the class like in FFXI or FFXIV or does it level with your main while playing your main. I can't imagine playing fighter for my summoner or hunter , it would definitely dull my interest in a subclass.

I do so wish I could navigate with a controller but not for lack of trying it just ends up like a drunk walking and stumbling in every which way. It is simply not something I seem capable of ever getting good at but I play mainly turn based games with them so the movement is never going to determine the outcome of a fight.

The turning and then moving backwards is not at all the way it works in most MMORPGs because the way I play ranged is kiting while facing the target and pressing the 'S' key so when you try to do that in PSO2 you completely lose the target. Very disorienting I must unlearn stuff I've relied on for eons.
    Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    just so you guys know dodge works on double tap teh direction you want or press dodge and direction like all the other game in the world, if no directional is pressed he will dodge forward, take note too your dodge animation will be based on your main class, example ranger will do a roll, a hunter will do a sidestep/ little dash.

hunter as sub also raise damage, so there is no reason to not get hunter, unless you are a force user, note too you use use the over head aimming, with for ranged give you a hell of movement and aimming ability
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    cheyane said:
    I mapped the dodge to the 5th mouse button I have on my gaming mouse which is close to my index finger. It's an extra button they have on the UtechSmart mouse and it also has 12 side buttons which has the subpalette mapped to.

I think you dodge in the direction your WASD is pressed or you can tap the WASD keys twice to dodge in whichever direction you want. I have done that although I tend to try to run around which is like I have lead in my boots and makes hardly any progress.

Do you have to level the subclass by actually play the class like in FFXI or FFXIV or does it level with your main while playing your main. I can't imagine playing fighter for my summoner or hunter , it would definitely dull my interest in a subclass.

I do so wish I could navigate with a controller but not for lack of trying it just ends up like a drunk walking and stumbling in every which way. It is simply not something I seem capable of ever getting good at but I play mainly turn based games with them so the movement is never going to determine the outcome of a fight.

The turning and then moving backwards is not at all the way it works in most MMORPGs because the way I play ranged is kiting while facing the target and pressing the 'S' key so when you try to do that in PSO2 you completely lose the target. Very disorienting I must unlearn stuff I've relied on for eons.
    Most games ( that i've played ) let you change the input sensitivity of the controller sticks. 
    I usually have to reduce the camera stick so I don't wobble around the world like a squirrel on crack.
    I don't know if this might help you or not Cheyane, but it might be something to check out :)
    edited June 2020
    cheyane said:

Most games ( that i've played ) let you change the input sensitivity of the controller sticks. 
    I usually have to reduce the camera stick so I don't wobble around the world like a squirrel on crack.
    I don't know if this might help you or not Cheyane, but it might be something to check out :)
    I have tried for years and years ever since my first Playstation and I have made very little progress. The only thing that works is the D-pad which I use like it is WASD keys by placing the controller on the table. I am an old dog I was old even 24 years ago when I first tried to play on the console.

I did enjoy all the JRPGs though that were turn based and oh how I loved them. The console is more of a love/hate relationship. Love the games hate the console.
    Chamber of Chains
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Is the the game playable yet? Or are people still using work arounds to play?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 109
    achesoma said:
    Microsoft has made some changes on the store, but mostly, using PSO2 Tweaker is the easiest and safest way to get in game on PC at the moment. With an impending Steam release, I wouldn't even bother with the Microsoft Store, as sad as it is to say.

On a side note, I also had similar issues with another game on Microsofts Store, where it wouldn't let me download the necessary application to get into the game for the demo. The demo was 30 minutes long, I spent more time troubleshooting the store than downloading and playing the game. The Microsoft Store for games has not performed well in my opinion. 
    achesomaRidelynnNyghthowler
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    achesoma said:
    Microsoft has made some changes on the store, but mostly, using PSO2 Tweaker is the easiest and safest way to get in game on PC at the moment. With an impending Steam release, I wouldn't even bother with the Microsoft Store, as sad as it is to say.

On a side note, I also had similar issues with another game on Microsofts Store, where it wouldn't let me download the necessary application to get into the game for the demo. The demo was 30 minutes long, I spent more time troubleshooting the store than downloading and playing the game. The Microsoft Store for games has not performed well in my opinion. 
    Didn’t realize it was coming to Steam. I’ll definitely just wait for that. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    subclass levels with main class
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Took me longer to get the game up and running than the time i spent playing the game.

Number 1 fail,having to move the camera manually is the dumbest idea ever,played idk 10 minutes maybe and uninstalled.There are other nuances i didn't like in the UI/design.

Sword Art Online was the same as PSO2 must be a thing over there just copying each others UI design.Sadly i had to buy Sword Art and   played about the same,maybe 10 minutes before uninstalling.
    Sometimes i won't uninstall because i feel there is a chance i might go back and give a game another try but with that camera setup,no way ever would i play a game like that.

alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited June 2020
    There was a Windows Update yesterday and I just checked Discord. My god, reams of complaints. I dare not touch the game, was still playing till 3 a.m. yesterday. I will give it a couple of days and see if the Tweaker is updated before I try to play.

I have no wish for anything to happen to my install so best be patient. I have DDO in any case.
    Chamber of Chains
    Ridelynn said:
    subclass levels with main class

sub class gets half of the of the main class, also i'm guessing the subclass will not lvl if teh mian class lvl is lower

cheyane said:
    There was a Windows Update yesterday and I just checked Discord. My god, reams of complaints. I dare not touch the game, was still playing till 3 a.m. yesterday. I will give it a couple of days and see if the Tweaker is updated before I try to play.

I have no wish for anything to happen to my install so best be patient. I have DDO in any case.

was playing normally, tweaker is working normally, game update from tuesday to wed so if any issues shows up is during this time

achesoma said:
    achesoma said:

Didn’t realize it was coming to Steam. I’ll definitely just wait for that. 

I heard people say this but I belive is wishfull thinking, the steam was mentioned before tehy made a microsoft exclusive so till then don't hope for much.

in anycase tweaker will even full downaload the game and update, fix most issues too, if you want to play use it
    Wizardry said:
    Took me longer to get the game up and running than the time i spent playing the game.

Number 1 fail,having to move the camera manually is the dumbest idea ever,played idk 10 minutes maybe and uninstalled.There are other nuances i didn't like in the UI/design.

Sword Art Online was the same as PSO2 must be a thing over there just copying each others UI design.Sadly i had to buy Sword Art and   played about the same,maybe 10 minutes before uninstalling.
    Sometimes i won't uninstall because i feel there is a chance i might go back and give a game another try but with that camera setup,no way ever would i play a game like that.

by manually you mean you ahve to use you mouse to move around, what game nowadays don't use this?

I use overhead aim since i'm using a assult rifle and I can shot far and on weakpoints always that way