Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 has been Delayed to November

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCyberpunk 2077 has been Delayed to November

Today CD Projekt Red has delivered the most unfortunate news that Cyberpunk 2077 is being delayed from it's September 17 date to November 19.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jungmtsjungmts Member UncommonPosts: 42
    More time for me to upgrade my computer and my monitor ;D
    BrotherMaynardTacticalZombehZenJelly
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    We sure this isn't a Crowdfunded MMORPG?
    xpsyncAzaron_NightbladeAbimorHuntSPMCgastovski1ZenJellyGentrifried_Chickenchilltime99

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

LMAO. People on this site continually bitch and whine about paying TOP DOLLAR for AAA games that are a bug ridden mess but when the Devs take a little more time to iron out the issues we make snide comments about that ...
    GazoleoAlomarIceAgeTaneonPher0ciousMcSleazBrotherMaynarddragonlee66DhampirTacticalZombehand 9 others.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    edited June 2020

LMAO. People on this site continually bitch and whine about paying TOP DOLLAR for AAA games that are a bug ridden mess but when the Devs take a little more time to iron out the issues we make snide comments about that ...

Damned if you do Damned if you don't maybe the new xbox will be out by then and I can play it on that the one issue i had with the witcher is load times on the xbox one x.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I still won't buy it until someone develops a 3rd person mod.

The first mod I'd ever actually care about.
    moroelCaboSoulbobbymcswanson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    im more surprised people really belive its will be done before x-mas
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

I have seen countless games delayed.   I have seen those same games launch as "a bug ridden mess".   People on this site always bitch and complain about people who point out things and love to make snide comments.   This is because the blank canvas of an unreleased game allows people to project all their hopes and dreams onto it and thus they get very defensive about any perceived insult to "their game".   

At this point neither you, nor I... have any idea about the state of the game and we will not know until November*.   What we DO know is that it is delayed... again.

If they make a great game, all will be forgiven and they will have been proven right to delay the game.  If not... we will point and laugh again.   

*Subject to change and pushback
    GdemamiMaddog666

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited June 2020
    Take your time, delay as much as you need too.
    IceAgerojoArcueidAzaron_Nightbladehupadragonlee66BrotherMaynardTacticalZombehGdemamiZenJellyinfomatz
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

DMKano said:

So another delay.

Chances are it will be delayed yet again.

The crunch is a real morale killer

Wasn't CD Projekt Red the studio that said working nights and weekends (crunch) was not mandatory? If so morale should be high.
    --------------------------------------------
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

DMKano said:

So another delay.

Chances are it will be delayed yet again.

The crunch is a real morale killer

Wasn't CD Projekt Red the studio that said working nights and weekends (crunch) was not mandatory? If so morale should be high.
    They all say some version of that and then they leave it up to employee competition to create a work environment where the "good employees" do it anyway and the others follow along just to keep their chances for promotion alive :)
    McSleaz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 2020
    I'm currently replaying the Witcher 3 now that I have the GOTY edition (which I got as a bonus for pre-ordering CP2077 through GOG) and I'm once again blown away by the attention to detail in W3.

Their DLC was done in a way that you can mix and match which quests from the base game and the DLC any way you want and they did it by changing enough of the dialog in the base game to have some key characters react and comment on things (like Geralt's new mark on his face from Hearts of Stone, for example) that happen in DLC quests.

There are also many things in the base game that go the extra mile detail wise. Like someone you run into very early in the game who cut off two of his fingers so he wouldn't need to fight in the war. It's just a comment made in passing while he's asking you to help look for his brother's corpse in a battlefield. But that was enough for them to make that NPCs character model have 2 fingers missing from his hand which you can see in cut-scenes and also while he's tagging along with you in the game play itself.

Most AAA games wouldn't bother with that level of detail. These guys do. Bethesda and others could learn a thing or two about internal quality control from CDPR,

So when they say the game is done and they just need this extra time for polishing, I tend to believe them.
    TacticalZombehGdemamiinfomatzklash2def
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Personally, this suits me just fine. I'm planning to get a new PC when the next GFX / Ryzen wave hits and games are better played on long winter nights anyway... Plus, more polish for CP2077 (pun intended), obviously.

ZenJelly

I have seen countless games delayed.   I have seen those same games launch as "a bug ridden mess".   People on this site always bitch and complain about people who point out things and love to make snide comments.   This is because the blank canvas of an unreleased game allows people to project all their hopes and dreams onto it and thus they get very defensive about any perceived insult to "their game".   

At this point neither you, nor I... have any idea about the state of the game and we will not know until November*.   What we DO know is that it is delayed... again.

If they make a great game, all will be forgiven and they will have been proven right to delay the game.  If not... we will point and laugh again.   

Last time this particular studio delayed a major game, the whole gaming world essentially sat up and took notice. And then gave it more than 250 awards.

edited June 2020
    Iselin said:
    I'm currently replaying the Witcher 3 now that I have the GOTY edition (which I got as a bonus for pre-ordering CP2077 through GOG) and I'm once again blown away by the attention to detail in W3.

Their DLC was done in a way that you can mix and match which quests from the base game and the DLC any way you want and they did it by changing enough of the dialog in the base game to have some key characters react and comment on things (like Geralt's new mark on his face from Hearts of Stone, for example) that happen in DLC quests.

There are also many things in the base game that go the extra mile detail wise. Like someone you run into very early in the game who cut off two of his fingers so he wouldn't need to fight in the war. It's just a comment made in passing while he's asking you to help look for his brother's corpse in a battlefield. But that was enough for them to make that NPCs character model have 2 fingers missing from his hand which you can see in cut-scenes and also while he's tagging along with you in the game play itself.

Most AAA games wouldn't bother with that level of detail. These guys do. Bethesda and others could learn a thing or two about internal quality control from CDPR,

So when they say the game is done and they just need this extra time for polishing, I tend to believe them.

If you want to truly savour the attention to detail and planning in W3 and since you are now playing the GOTY edition, when you get to Blood and Wine, select the Orianna path and once finished, go re-watch the Lullaby of Woe trailer, first published when the main game was released. It will be worth it - guaranteed.

Edit: sorry, forgot one more gem - you mentioned Hearts of Stone. I wonder it you remember Master Mirror's brief appearance in the very first scenes in the White Orchard inn, ages before Hearts of Stone was even released?

Iselin said:

If you want to truly savour the attention to detail and planning in W3 and since you are now playing the GOTY edition, when you get to Blood and Wine, select the Orianna path and once finished, go re-watch the Lullaby of Woe trailer, first published when the main game was released. It will be worth it - guaranteed.

Edit: sorry, forgot one more gem - you mentioned Hearts of Stone. I wonder it you remember Master Mirror's brief appearance in the very first scenes in the White Orchard inn, ages before Hearts of Stone was even released?

I'm just about done with Heart of Stone so will be starting Blood and Wine soon. And yes, I did remember talking to Master Mirror at the inn in the prologue :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 2020
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

I'm just about done with Heart of Stone so will be starting Blood and Wine soon. And yes, I did remember talking to Master Mirror at the inn in the prologue :)

Then your memory is much better than mine :D  I only noticed on my second playthrough, after finishing both DLCs. I sat down for a quick pint in the White Orchard inn and went "Hang on, I know this guy!"

Such a subtle beginning of the HoS story, almost a year before the DLC actually came out...

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Then your memory is much better than mine :D  I only noticed on my second playthrough, after finishing both DLCs. I sat down for a quick pint in the White Orchard inn and went "Hang on, I know this guy!"

Such a subtle beginning of the HoS story, almost a year before the DLC actually came out...

I only remembered him because I'm playing it all at once. If I had gotten the DLC a year after doing the base game I'm sure I would have forgotten all about him too :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Last time this particular studio delayed a major game, the whole gaming world essentially sat up and took notice. And then gave it more than 250 awards.

I get what you are saying yet as we know, past success is really not an indicator of future success in this genre right?  If it was then we would be overflowing with good games.

Guess we will find out in Nov... maybe  
    GdemamiMaddog666

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Would be funny if it turned out to not even be a good game.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Gentrifried_ChickenGentrifried_Chicken Member UncommonPosts: 6
    While I fully support working on a product until it is actually complete, and not shipping out a buggy mess and fixing it later, this still hurt my soul.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Haahahahahaahaahahahaahahahahahahahaahahhahahaha.....

...dammit.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited June 2020
    I've got a feeling this is going to be a masterpiece. I really hope so, the amount of time and delays speak to them caring a lot about what they put out.

The Witcher 3 was amazing but it also had a lot of flaws, I'm very interested to see what they learned since The Witcher 3, so yeah take all the time you need. At least when it launches it won't be the paid alpha version.
    IselinAsm0deus
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:
    The Witcher 3 was amazing but it also had a lot of flaws,
    Sacrilege! What flaws?

PS. I just today finished the Blood and Wine expansion. I never bothered with the DLC back when I first got W3 but the GOG pre-order for CP2077 included the GOTY edition that has everything.

The whole experience is really fresh for me - started at level 1 and did the whole thing oer the past couple of weeks - and all I can say (again) is it deserved all the praise and awards it got, The thing is freaking masterpiece
    klash2def

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Might want to check your password safety on GOG.I had 3 warnings of passwords compromised on websites and GOG was one of them.Twitchtv was another ,i forget what the third site was.Odd thing i only got the warning when i went into settings.

Just for fun i did a GOG hacked search and several articles popped up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2020
    Iselin said:
    klash2def said:
    The Witcher 3 was amazing but it also had a lot of flaws,
    Sacrilege! What flaws?

PS. I just today finished the Blood and Wine expansion. I never bothered with the DLC back when I first got W3 but the GOG pre-order for CP2077 included the GOTY edition that has everything.

The whole experience is really fresh for me - started at level 1 and did the whole thing oer the past couple of weeks - and all I can say (again) is it deserved all the praise and awards it got, The thing is freaking masterpiece
    I can think of a few small ones. 

Falling damage too severe. I routinely die from very short falls. Geralt must have osteoporosis.

Looting boxes/barrels/etc. can be a pain with controller because it often expects you to be positioned just-so.

Too many candles where you just want to loot things.

It's very easy to outlevel lots of quests and thus render them near worthless because the game reduces xp earned instead of increasing xp needed per level.

But otherwise, total masterpiece. I even think that the much maligned combat is great; it's weighty, impactful, and skill-based with just enough tools to mix things up.
    Post edited by Aeander on