Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming Dev Interview: Combat & Limited Action Sets w/ Joppa

BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39

‪Just to give everyone a heads up...

This Friday, June 19, at 7pm ET, I will be doing a live interview with Pantheon’s Creative Director Chris “Joppa” Perkins to ask him the community’s biggest questions about the game’s combat system and limited action sets.‬ Limited action sets (or limited hotbars) are a highly debated topic in the community - and to be honest, I myself am not completed sold on the idea, so it should be interesting to dig into all the implications and reasons why VR has decided to go that direction. This is a very important topic as it touches on many areas of gameplay, so I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on it as well.

The interview will take place on www.twitch.tv/BazgrimTV. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Sovrathdelete5230AmatheRaidan_EQKumaponachesoma

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I appreciate your work in helping to keep us informed. Thanks to Joppa as well.
    SovrathNanfoodleRaidan_EQdelete5230Kumaponachesoma

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Looking forward to that, ty =-)
    Raidan_EQKumaponAmathe
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited June 2020
    BazgrimTV said:

‪.... to ask him the community’s biggest questions about the game’s combat system and limited action sets.‬ ....

Is there a forum post somewhere where these questions will be taken from?

--------------------------------------------
  • Raidan_EQRaidan_EQ Member UncommonPosts: 247
    @Wellspring

Here’s the thread from Baz on the OF:  http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/12051/upcoming-dev-interview-combat-amp-limited-actions-w-joppa

Not really asking for questions, but Baz regularly checks the forums so I’d post them either here on this thread or on the OF.
    Wellspring
  • BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited June 2020
    BazgrimTV said:

‪.... to ask him the community’s biggest questions about the game’s combat system and limited action sets.‬ ....

Is there a forum post somewhere where these questions will be taken from?

Not specifically. I'm always keeping a close eye on community discussions across all platforms (forums, reddit, social media, discord, etc.) so the interview will be a compilation of the top questions I've seen from all over, in addition to some questions of my own. But feel free to drop your thoughts/concerns here or in the thread Raidan linked as of course I'll be watching those too. 
    KumaponWellspring
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My combat question. For melee classes, how much of combat damage will be auto attack, and how much will be hot bar abilities?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Bard, Bard, Bard, and when will we learn more about... Ummm.. Bards?
    Amathe
  • Raidan_EQRaidan_EQ Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Here’s the recording of the LAS interview if anyone is interested in listening:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=seGjrFIRVYU
    KumaponAmathe