Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Gameplay Video Showcases War Mode

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNew World Gameplay Video Showcases War Mode

A new 16 minute video showcases some War Mode PvP gameplay from New World.

Read the full story here

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    edited June 2020
    How many weapons can a player equip? That one dude was carrying a shield, 1h sword, 2h hammer, and a musket. Plus he was wearing full plate armor. I do like that ranged weapons use ammo!
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Anything associated with Amazon I am not even slightly interested....i'm not supporting that company buying up the world one piece at a time.
    sweetdreamsMcSleazCynehildKrynt0k[Deleted User]Gdemami
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I am flip flopping all over the place with this game. Half the time I think it's going to be a letdown, the other half it really looks like fun.

I do like a art style and spell animations.
    [Deleted User]Waan
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    looks boring
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]strawhat0981
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think the saddest thing of the entire video is how feigned the 'fun' they were having was. Performance aside, it looked like so many basic pvp issues weren't addressed like brief cc immunity or proper respawn (although the video was heavily edited on their end from the looks).
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    xD_Gaming said:
    seems like a smaller version of Cyrodiil
    If Cyrodiil was a tiny battleground with just one keep, only 3 skills available, designated A, B and C artificial "choke points", GFX that obscure the action 10 times longer and available for only 30 minutes at a time once a week or so, it would.

Otherwise nothing like it lol.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Nanfoodle
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    left click combat coming up!!

Challanging pvp

christ... who ever designed this combat system should fired asap
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    I applaud they are trying to show people as much as they can even though pretty much all pvp but there are still some things never mentioned.
    What if the other side just says NO,we are not agreeing to war?What if the defending side can only have 50 people on at night time while the attackers can only have 50 on in the day time?

Then what happens to the losing side,do they just walk away no longer a structured guild,just a bunch of wandering nomads,they lose everything?

So what happens after you win,do you inherit the same structures,the same level of advancement or start from scratch?IF from scratch how long before you are forced to defend if forced is even a thing?Let's say you just took over a fort,you have to start from scratch and another clan/guild whatever wants to attack you,just say no forever until you are built up?
    I mean obviously forts would say no until they are as built up as possibly can be to defend so there is obviously a FORCED acceptance mode.

I just cannot fathom this working,pvp NEVER works.If a pile of players spent time building up the structures within,idk how long,a few weeks a month then lose everything,there is a pretty good chance that guild/clan will disappear from the game.

The control points is a sloppy idea,everyone just run out in the open and then converge on a single point to start spamming your attacks all over.I also get the feeling there will be no friendly fire.

So like in typical fashion,this is yet another video where the dev teams just wants us watch them play instead of doing a better job describing the ideas.

alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Know what else is going to happen?
    There will be large established guilds already setup outside the game,they will move right in and be playing.

There will also be a large quantity of players by themselves just watching  then realizing,ok they are having some fun and i am ....wandering around wondering what to do.

What happens when a war breaks out,do you have to be flagged,can onlookers take part,does the whole area have some large barrier around it like playing a BR game?
    They also did not show us the mobs joining in the fight,where do they spawn in,so much left up in the air with this game.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kappei378kappei378 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Wizardry said:

There will be large established guilds already setup outside the game,they will move right in and be playing.

There will also be a large quantity of players by themselves just watching  then realizing,ok they are having some fun and i am ....wandering around wondering what to do.

What happens when a war breaks out,do you have to be flagged,can onlookers take part,does the whole area have some large barrier around it like playing a BR game?
    They also did not show us the mobs joining in the fight,where do they spawn in,so much left up in the air with this game.

Siege fights are instanced.

Game looks boring and without CC the melee system blows, (cant hit moving targets)
    [Deleted User]
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    They had me at pve but now not so sure.
    [Deleted User]
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited June 2020
    xD_Gaming said:
    Their PvP is a scheduled event you have to sign up for and hope your guild leader picks you to join out of 50 slots available for the event. They make a shard of your guilds base and the PvP battle happens outside of the real game world. Its 50v50 and nothing like Cyrodiil, other then you get to use siege weapons. This is not the DAoC replacement you are looking for.   
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    edited June 2020
    Iselin said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    If Cyrodiil was a tiny battleground with just one keep, only 3 skills available, designated A, B and C artificial "choke points", GFX that obscure the action 10 times longer and available for only 30 minutes at a time once a week or so, it would.

Thing that breaks it for me is the fact you have to sign up for the event and hope you get picked by your guild leader. 50 slots and if 100 people sign up, 50 people dont get to go. To make it worse is people from anywhere in the game can sign up to join your guilds event, so your guild leader may start recruiting people to join the event because they are awesome at PvP over picking guildies.  
    [Deleted User]
    edited June 2020
    SkitzoX said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    xD_Gaming said:

Thing that breaks it for me is the fact you have to sign up for the event and hope you get picked by your guild leader. 50 slots and if 100 people sign up, 50 people dont get to go. To make it worse is people from anywhere in the game can sign up to join your guilds event, so your guild leader may start recruiting people to join the event because they are awesome at PvP over picking guildies.  
    It’s a guild feature and AGS needs to stop advertising it like it’s something the majority of the playerbase will be participating in. The company cap is 50 so no most of the wars won’t be 100% company members but most fill with ally’s or sub guilds. For instance we have two companies to avoid the cap and a few close ally companies. Randoms don’t really have a chance to join our wars or they didn’t when most of us were actually playing.

on the flip side you have to understand that although it’s an instanced battleground it is a fight over a territory, one that the defending guild has spent a lot of time, resources and gold to upgrade and maintain. They should be able to select the top players to defend it. Sadly it’s not be marketed correctly and without any real open world pvp or quality pvp content it will upset players that they can not participate in one of the only real features of the game. If you want to participate you really will need to join a company that’s focused on that content or be social and establish relationships with people that do.
    But you can invite randoms to join from anywhere in the game to join, excluding the other company/guild faction you are scheduled to fight against. And Randoms can goto any companies sign up sheet and sign up to join, you just need travel to that guilds base to sign up. 
    edited June 2020
    SkitzoX said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    SkitzoX said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    xD_Gaming said:

It’s a guild feature and AGS needs to stop advertising it like it’s something the majority of the playerbase will be participating in. The company cap is 50 so no most of the wars won’t be 100% company members but most fill with ally’s or sub guilds. For instance we have two companies to avoid the cap and a few close ally companies. Randoms don’t really have a chance to join our wars or they didn’t when most of us were actually playing.

on the flip side you have to understand that although it’s an instanced battleground it is a fight over a territory, one that the defending guild has spent a lot of time, resources and gold to upgrade and maintain. They should be able to select the top players to defend it. Sadly it’s not be marketed correctly and without any real open world pvp or quality pvp content it will upset players that they can not participate in one of the only real features of the game. If you want to participate you really will need to join a company that’s focused on that content or be social and establish relationships with people that do.
    But you can invite randoms to join from anywhere in the game to join, excluding the other company/guild faction you are scheduled to fight against. And Randoms can goto any companies sign up sheet and sign up to join, you just need travel to that guilds base to sign up. 
    I am aware randoms can sign up but when we have a two companies full of our own members plus companies we have an alliance with why would we ever take a random we don’t know when there’s so much at stake? I was simply pointing out the way it’s working. People as we speak are crying about it on the alpha forums because they feel as if they are locked out of that content... and when there’s a serious lack of content it just makes it worse.
    Seems like I did the right thing cancelling my pre-order. lol
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Wizardry said:

in games who have keeps or strongholds like this you can expect, you will ahve your guild but not a base, and yes bigger stronger guilds will hold more then one, if you can't field people to defend you won't keep it, that is basic, expect, and to reward people who put effort
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.