Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: Squadrons Debut Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Wars: Squadrons Debut Trailer

The recently announced Star Wars: Squadrons just revealed their debut trailer, as part of Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest suite of announcements.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mraneremranere Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Just can't get excited about a game reveal that doesn't actually reveal any of the actual game, just a video about the game. Plus, it's EA, still feel burned over the Anthem reveal trailer vs the actual game.
    mklinicSandmanjwTokkeninfomatzNyghthowler
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400

Ten bucks says this game will try to be real-life political. Easy to tell on the pilots you see on the good side vs the bad side.

I don't understand? How can you deduce anything from just looking at the pilots from each faction?
    Vinnyz[Deleted User]
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    EA is involved, don't get your hopes up.
    TacticalZombeh
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Im a sucker for Star Wars games so I am sure I will buy this then kick myself later. BFII was garbage in my opinion, but the Fallen Order was good. I am not sure about the whole dogfighting being able to maintain peoples attention though.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited June 2020

moshra said:

Ten bucks says this game will try to be real-life political. Easy to tell on the pilots you see on the good side vs the bad side.

I don't understand? How can you deduce anything from just looking at the pilots from each faction?

It's a troll bot, ignore it.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    Vinnyz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 565

moshra said:

Simple not a single white male on the Rebel side squadron, evil white male leading the the Empire side. Rebel side is 2 women of color, and 3 Aliens but thank god no white men. Empire side 1 white male lead, 2 white women, 1 evil asian, and 1 who never bothered to take their helmet off so probably a red shirt lol. But basically its the same as the new star wars trilogy. The whole empire was basically evil white males save one or two like the Hannah John Kamen one line. The whole roster of main characters for the rebel side women or people of color with special guest shots from legacy characters. Pandering to the extreme, all POC or minorities are always good, 90% of white males are evil. Thats going to be the standard faire from hollywood or big business for the next couple of decades probably until one of the largest demographics in the US starts checking out and/or boycotting the products. This is coming from me whose favorite character in all of star wars is female (Ahsoka Tano), and whose 2nd favorite action star growing up was Ripley. Big business doesn't know subtlety or equality on either end of the spectrum, they only know the most extreme ends of the pendulum swing.
    VinnyzAlomar[Deleted User]CondarFreedAllwynd_01PureCalvinis
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Arterius said:

Raagnarz said:

moshra said:

Simple not a single white male on the Rebel side squadron, evil white male leading the the Empire side. Rebel side is 2 women of color, and 3 Aliens but thank god no white men. Empire side 1 white male lead, 2 white women, 1 evil asian, and 1 who never bothered to take their helmet off so probably a red shirt lol. But basically its the same as the new star wars trilogy. The whole empire was basically evil white males save one or two like the Hannah John Kamen one line. The whole roster of main characters for the rebel side women or people of color with special guest shots from legacy characters. Pandering to the extreme, all POC or minorities are always good, 90% of white males are evil. Thats going to be the standard faire from hollywood or big business for the next couple of decades probably until one of the largest demographics in the US starts checking out and/or boycotting the products. This is coming from me whose favorite character in all of star wars is female (Ahsoka Tano), and whose 2nd favorite action star growing up was Ripley. Big business doesn't know subtlety or equality on either end of the spectrum, they only know the most extreme ends of the pendulum swing.

this is the craziest thing I have heard all day and my brother (after coming out of surgery) told me that Donald Trump was three gnomes in suit that killed the real Trump and that explains why he couldn't move the glass up to his mouth without help because the middle gnome had to help the top one.

That's insane.  Everybody knows he's a centaur that uses an invisibility cloak to cover up his hind legs.  Just look at the way he stands.
    infomatz
  • PolyneuxPolyneux Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited June 2020

Raagnarz said:

moshra said:

LOL

"I like Ashoka Tano so I'm not racist"

That's literally what you're saying.

There's a white male pilot on the rebel side at 1:11

One of the imperial squadron actually has his helmet on. And it's a SQUADRON, one of MANY, they're not "Leading" anything probably, lol.

Not to mention that canonically the Empire was XENOPHOBIC and did not allow aliens particularly in a status as pilots.

And no I don't see the Empire being portrayed as EVIL or the BAD GUYS, like SWTOR, SWG in the past, and other games that pit two factions against each other the story will probably be crafted so that both sides feel justified/right.

And the screen time still goes mostly to white people, so don't worry the supremacy you're so worried about is safe.
    I've lurked here for years and have never though to respond to a post until I saw this white supremacist cry-manbaby nonsense.
    [Deleted User]AlverantTillerAllwynd_01
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    It's EA so expect microtransactions. It looks like World of Warplanes but in space.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited June 2020
    Raagnarz said:

moshra said:

MMORPG.com is not the place to get into race debates bro.
    Huntrezz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    For an EA game I’m expecting to be given the shell of my starfighter and be forced to buy the internal components through microtransactions. Weapons? 21.99 mate. Engines? That’ll be 19.99.
    infomatz
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    so basically 5 v 5, no gameplay footage so far
  • Wizzurah84Wizzurah84 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Yesss an other game for psvr I love it. For october I'll be a f*cking Red Baron as Ironman vr just coming. Im really happy devs think for vr lovers.
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Polyneux said:

Raagnarz said:

moshra said:

LOL

"I like Ashoka Tano so I'm not racist"

That's literally what you're saying.

There's a white male pilot on the rebel side at 1:11

One of the imperial squadron actually has his helmet on. And it's a SQUADRON, one of MANY, they're not "Leading" anything probably, lol.

Not to mention that canonically the Empire was XENOPHOBIC and did not allow aliens particularly in a status as pilots.

And no I don't see the Empire being portrayed as EVIL or the BAD GUYS, like SWTOR, SWG in the past, and other games that pit two factions against each other the story will probably be crafted so that both sides feel justified/right.

And the screen time still goes mostly to white people, so don't worry the supremacy you're so worried about is safe.

I've lurked here for years and have never though to respond to a post until I saw this white supremacist cry-manbaby nonsense.

Are you joking or seriously that deluded?

Do you even know who that is? It's Wedge Antilles and he is just a cameo, the actor is already old and they probably used him for the trailer and maybe some cutscenes and voice overs.

He is not a playable character, he is the same type of cameo Han, Leia, Chewbacca and the others were in the Disney shitshow triogy.

Their purpose is to remind the consumers and people working on the project to remember what they are working on/consuming. That it's not just a generic space explosions and aliens with kindergartner level of humor, but it's actually Star Wars.

The purpose of these cameos is entirely to entice even more people to get on board with whatever movie or game is being promoted. It's like playing with your mind "Oh, I know this character from a previous movie/game that I liked, I'm going to watch/play this one too, because since the character is there, it's probably going to be good."

Whatever you say, the trailer reeks of S_J_W propaganda. They could've easily used different characters, like Rebels having more white men or some alien species, and there would've been a different outcry. But the fact that they have to resort to such desperate methods to peddle their (potentially mediocre) game, really shows what kind of stupid people are calling the shots and how "confident" they are about their game.

The most iconic games of the last 20 years, which are still being played were from before that S_J_W bullshit, where it didn't matter who your character was or what genes they were, the focus was on gameplay and story and the games were great, nowadays not a single game can even replicate more than 5% of the epicness of these old games - now it's just shiny graphics to force people to buy new hardware, lazy story, complete lack of substance, rinse and repeat for next year.

And dumb dumbs like you will buy that crap.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

Viper482 said:

EA is involved, don't get your hopes up.

Soooo...you've never enjoyed a Battlefield, NFS, Battlefront, Apex Legends, TitanFall, SWTOR game, because one way or another EA was involved.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Here we are it is 2020, 9 years after Star Wars Galaxies shut down and they still can't even come close to the space feature in that game.  This nonsense from EA is just that, complete trash.
    Gdemami
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

Arterius said:

moshra said:

Arterius said:

Raagnarz said:

moshra said:

this is the craziest thing I have heard all day and my brother (after coming out of surgery) told me that Donald Trump was three gnomes in suit that killed the real Trump and that explains why he couldn't move the glass up to his mouth without help because the middle gnome had to help the top one.

That's insane.  Everybody knows he's a centaur that uses an invisibility cloak to cover up his hind legs.  Just look at the way he stands.

Haha. I told him he had it wrong it was really 3 muppets in a suit.

He turned to the nurse who was checking on him and so sincere said, "You gotta call someone lady."

She laughed so hard

I had surgery a few years ago and when I started waking up I swear I saw a pack of dogs run through the recovery room.
    I asked the nurse why dogs were running through there...? She patted my arm and promised to look into it.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Arterius said:

This is pure brilliance. I'm not sure how EA missed out on this but you have put down in text what should be the plot of their next Star Wars game. It would likely end up being better handled by another developer but we don't usually get that selection due to the IP agreements.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    EA has been actively trying to get back in good graces and you can tell. Battlefront 2 in it's current state is a fucking masterpiece of starwars pvp. Go play heroes mode and tell me it isn't some of the most fun shit ever.

New order is so good i actually bought it after initially pirating it.

Honestly if EA keeps it's stuff up i might just appreciate them again.. i mean i doubt it but you never know.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Yp just so we're clear most of the empire were pretty much all white males period as they are literal space nazi. Last time i checked there weren't a lot of black nazi,

You can always smell the 'all lives matter dudes' posting.

Imagine thinking like that dude who shalt not be quoted (Because it's literal stupidity.)

Anyhow my slanted eyed ass is off to watch the last samurai a story where a white man saves us crazy slanted eyed people from our selves``!

Thanks saviors of humanity lol....yall don't like it when you get bad cast.
  • dynamoleddisplaysdynamoleddisplays Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited July 2020
    After a teaser trailer, EA has finally shown off some actual gameplay footage for Star Wars: Squadrons, its new starfighter dogfighting game. As promised, the new title is a first-person space shooter focused around five-on-five team battles, as players group up into their own squadron.
    Do you want to enjoy playing your video games? Get your LED Screen now at https://dynamo-led-displays.co.uk/