Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online Players Elect New Stellar Management Council

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageEVE Online Players Elect New Stellar Management Council

The 15th Council of Stellar Management has been elected by EVE Online players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Torvald Uruz is a cool dude, glad he got elected.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I wish more games did this.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Amathe said:
    ....CSM is just a PR thing.
    MightyUnclean
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    tzervo said:
    You don't want people with their own agendas lobbying to the devs in a high-stakes open world PVP game with territory control.
    ...not that you can avoid it.

Besides, it's fine.
    MightyUnclean
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited June 2020

tzervo said:

Amathe said:

Someone compared this once to "the inmates running the asylum". I wish EVE and Albion didn't (Albion copied that from EVE as well). You don't want people with their own agendas lobbying to the devs in a high-stakes open world PVP game with territory control. Maybe in games with different rulesets.  :)

Someting like that happened in Shadowbane. A guild that was buddy buddy with the devs mysteriously stockpiled worthless glass weapons that nobody used and dropped banes (structures used to siege player cities) right before the patch that made glass weapons ignore armor in a meta where everyone maxed out armor. They then actually tried to claim they were stockpiling dozens of the same glass weapons merely as a novelty and it was a happy coincidence that days later they became meta breaking.
  • toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Especially given the proven history of CCP corruption and playing favorites. The sandbox is and has always been a lie.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]