Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dark EYE: Book of Heroes Trailer

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I have been following it but not alot of info on steam.  Someplace else that is more active for this title?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Looks like Gauntlet.

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Been waiting for this for a while now , such a great RPG  system , the best IMO
    Ancient_Exile
    edited May 2020
    Scorchien said:

"Wild River Games have just announced that their new Co-op Multiplayer RPG The Dark Eye: Book Of Heroes will be releasing on June 9, 2020. Book of Heroes is a brand new official licensed game based on the renowned tabletop RPG The Dark Eye from Ulisses Spiele International. The Dark Eye tabletop game series is one of the most popular games of the genre comparably [sic - edit by me] with that of Dungeons and Dragons. The series is also one of the most beloved games favored by German roleplayers and Tabletop players alike. That said, let’s get into everything we know so far regarding the upcoming release of Book of Heroes." - https://thenerdstash.com/the-dark-eye-book-of-heroes-releasing-in-june/

I don't remember ever hearing of The Dark Eye RPG system.  I've heard of Pathfinder but not The Dark Eye...

Hei!  Blimey!  Sensationnel!  Ukh ty!  Tiān na!  Sugoi!  Wow! 

It actually is possible to learn something new every day.

Nebless

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

Scorchien said:

"Wild River Games have just announced that their new Co-op Multiplayer RPG The Dark Eye: Book Of Heroes will be releasing on June 9, 2020. Book of Heroes is a brand new official licensed game based on the renowned tabletop RPG The Dark Eye from Ulisses Spiele International. The Dark Eye tabletop game series is one of the most popular games of the genre comparably [sic - edit by me] with that of Dungeons and Dragons. The series is also one of the most beloved games favored by German roleplayers and Tabletop players alike. That said, let’s get into everything we know so far regarding the upcoming release of Book of Heroes." - https://thenerdstash.com/the-dark-eye-book-of-heroes-releasing-in-june/

I don't remember ever hearing of The Dark Eye RPG system.  I've heard of Pathfinder but not The Dark Eye...

Some great Dark Eye RPGs out there..

Drakensang ...  One of the Best RPGs made ..

Its Sequel River of Time...

Realm of  Arkania: Startrail.. Excellent game Hardcore RPG not for the meek

Ancient_ExileNebless
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Thanks!

Scorchien

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited May 2020

The flow 'in a purely tongue and cheek' way was Gary Gygax came out with D&D and shopped it around to some of his friends.  Ken St. Andre got it and said 'this is good, but to complicated' and he designed a simpler, more fun version and called it  Tunnels & Trolls.

D&D went across the Atlantic and ended up in Germany and they looked at it and said 'this is good, but MAN can we make it more complicated' and thus was born The Dark Eye RPG system.

If you really want to get in depth with your character development, this is the system for you as it doubles plus the number of stat's your character has.

Ulisses Spiele International is making a go at introducing the PnP version to the US and is producing English language versions of the rule book(s) and background books.  It's a huge gaming world with lot's to draw from.

The game play shown looks alot like how it is in Blackguards and I'm guessing the Realm of  Arkania.  Although it looks like they moved past the turn based game play in Blackguards, but kept the artwork still which I always liked.
    Ancient_Exile

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited May 2020
    Scorchien said:

You left out River of Time's DLC:  Phileasson's Secret

and while I'm not sure it counts as great (since it can be a frustrating SOB at times) I'd add the 2 Blackguard games to the list, also both hardcore with the first being more of a tactical gaming exercise and the 2nd a warlord experience.
    Ancient_Exile

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Nebless said:
    Scorchien said:

You left out River of Time's DLC:  Phileasson's Secret

and while I'm not sure it counts as great (since it can be a frustrating SOB at times) I'd add the 2 Blackguard games to the list, also both hardcore with the first being more of a tactical gaming exercise and the 2nd a warlord experience.

i didnt leave it out ,  it right on the River of Time page as DLC , did not see the need for another link ..
    Is trash ....

If you want a real Dark Eye experience try ...