Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confession Of a long time MMORPG'er

corvoxcorvox Member UncommonPosts: 1
I started off my MMORPG in a game called "The Realm"

Were I enjoyed the game, helped out so many people, and got accepted as a baron in a kingdom.

I got close with the queen, so close, that the king accused me of stealing.

I created a house enchanted and crafted for weeks on end, left everything inside the house, knowing I was being framed, and before the king had a chance to frame me, I did the only thing I could at the age of 14, I told my friends to pick the house lock where it was and to rob it.

I also killed lineage 2... How you might ask?

Well, I am the one who bought all the sweatshop workers' items instead of them selling their items to the NPC for vendor cash.

This caused the boss to have to pay 100 employee's 2x what they were making before. I have been told by farmers who used to work the rice fields in the 90's that I help them buy a house in 3-6 months time, where if they worked the fields it would be 12 hour days of hard work for 5-6 years if they had to be paid their min wage.

Remind you I am about 21 to 23 at this time. So their boss comes to me, asking me why I need all the stuff they think is trash.

Well I went to work with the gold farmers for a % of his pie, ME and Tencent owned Dev server. That's when I told him to stop making dark elves and join me.

So yeah sorry for killing Lineage 2

I also killed Shadowbane...

Templar, White knight sorry guys, you shouldn't have been hacking/cheating... I sold your castle location out for 5 grand though! NA china server wars I caused, Sorry all 

Archeage I am corvox, The one's guilds camped for days for wild planting and guilds sabotaged his guild by stealing everything. That game had way to many hacks.

The corvox in Dark soul is the old char I sold him long ago, he is a faux corvox.... sorry all

Maybe I will make a documentary on my backstabs from gold sellers on DEV server to Cheaters and hacks from FF11 to causing full server wars.

These things seem to be hot these days, take asmongold and his ninja looting.

I do hope to find some of you all from back in the day though no hard feelings we were kids.

mmoloubcbullyScot

Comments

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    You were utterly destroyed on reddit for posting this nonsense.
    AlBQuirkyKyleranAmatheIsilithTehroth
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I imagine this would be the winner in most bizarre first post ever?
    SovrathQuizzicalmmolouAlBQuirkySailorMom
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Did you buy carbon freighters in EVE as well, to launder RMT ISK through the game?
    no?
    Scrub..
    AlBQuirkyKyleranDibdabs
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gdemami's alt account?
    AlBQuirkyMadFrenchie[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Another no posts person creating a thread, which we keep hearing is NOT supposed to be possible... (as MMORPG.com's handling of ad bots, right?)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    This is an AI story bot?
    AlBQuirky
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    NOTHING flew past me while gaming,i was one of those that pointed out rmt and how it was done and even who were the rmt in games.
    It took me 2 emails while playing L2 to realize something was not legit and quit playing instantly.
    FFXI was the same,i could see everything that was going on because unlike most others,i played the ENTIRE game i was not there for 24/7 raids or Bosses.I saw the parade of level 1's crossing Batallia downs,i saw how people would buy an entire item on the AH so they could resell them at higher prices" price jacking".
    I saw when all of a sudden items would show up out of nowhere flooding the AH because in the next update those items were going to be valuable.File mining/hacking whatever you want to call it.
    I knew of all the node hacks,warping and even how some would change the files so that a boss would be a new giant model so it was easy to see him.

I saw how people were cheating in EQ2 as well and i even spotted it in BDO when so many were calling me an idiot saying NO WAY,then 3 weeks later they admitted they left a backdoor hole ,,lol.That wasn't by accident ,that was on purpose hoping nobody would notice.

What bothers me is WHY,i understand why people want to make money but why other cheats and stealing in game,it defeats the purpose of enjoying the INTENT of the game play.I know sometimes it is out of anger,somebody pissed off another guild member so that person tries to get even with the whole guild.

To me i sum it up as a sign of immaturity and age is not a very good excuse.I knew from like 8 years old that cheating was not good and that i should earn everything in life.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Sounded pretty epic until the hacking...
    Scot
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Reminded me of:

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I'm a man of wealth and taste ....
    KylerancheyaneAlBQuirkybcbullyMadFrenchie[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Makes me want to log into Vanilla WoW, take my character to the starting area and harvest every copper ore, peacebloom and silverleaf..... That way no one can ever advance their harvesting. 
    AlBQuirkybcbully
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    It's  a charming parody, bravo!
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    corvox said:

I do hope to find some of you all from back in the day though no hard feelings we were kids.

Welcome to the forums!

If you caused me any issues back then (unlikely as I did not play those games) you are still welcome here. But you would not be forgiven, ever. :)
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Amathe said:
    Reminded me of:

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I'm a man of wealth and taste ....

"So if you meet me
    Have some courtesy
    Have some sympathy, and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse
    Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mm yeah"

Message Board mantra? :lol:
    Amathe

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DraktheasDraktheas Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    i enjoyed The Realm Game