Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky Receives Cross Play Tomorrow

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNo Man's Sky Receives Cross Play Tomorrow

No Man's Sky is set to receive cross play tomorrow, June 11, among a host of other features and improvements.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    This is amazing! It opens the road for Streaming Services like Stadia and Now.

All they need to do now, is to add an Online Only option, separated from other modes and of course, which everyone starts from zero, where the Saves are hosted on Hello Games servers. As is now , you cannot call this game Multiplayer, because players are cheating and dumping like there is no tomorrow.

Sure, keep the current Modes for whoever wants to play "Offline", but allowing cheaters to "flex" their best (mooded) Ship or Multitool, is .. not Multiplayer friendly!
    alkarionlog

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    If we could add Nintendo Switch to that mix then this old guy would be "giddy", yes giddy with glee :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited June 2020
    IceAge said:

All they need to do now, is to add an Online Only option, separated from other modes and of course, which everyone starts from zero, where the Saves are hosted on Hello Games servers. As is now , you cannot call this game Multiplayer, because players are cheating and dumping like there is no tomorrow.

Sure, keep the current Modes for whoever wants to play "Offline", but allowing cheaters to "flex" their best (mooded) Ship or Multitool, is .. not Multiplayer friendly!

its IS a multiplayer, is not a MO only game
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited June 2020
    I wish I could find a planet like that in the screen shot lol. I had one I liked, then some update made it look all ugly.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I just started playing this in VR. It's so good when you're standing in the world or sitting in your ship rather than just looking at it on a computer screen.
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    One of the best game of all time.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited June 2020
    IceAge said:

I said they need to ADD an MO only mode, not to make the game entirely MO. 

Taking this into consideration, are you mooding, dumping, etc as much as you can in NMS? Are you that kind of a player who goes into the HUB and "gift" newbies all bunch of expensive items, which literally, is ruining their game-play entirely? 

Yes, this happens right now and A LOT. So again, you cannot take NMS Multiplayer serious, with LOCAL saves, where people can edit them and do the above stuff. 

Hence, the reason why I said, they need to ADD ( read that good this time ) , an Online Only mode, with Saves hosted at Hello Games servers. 

You are free to play solo/offline as you are doing now as much as you want. No worries. 

The point is, the cheaters, with dumping and mooding items, are the ones being against an Online Only mode. Why? If you are not flexing your dumped items to others, why do you care then?

...the above is in .. general speaking, not that I am saying you are a dumper ( yet ) !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    In my humble opinion, this has become one of the greatest games of all time. I still play this regularly on Xbox X and the PC. I have so many hours in this game and I never grow tired of it.
    For me, it transcends 'game' and is an 'experience' 
    Love it. 

I have a video issue with NMS that makes space combat really laggy and difficult...Otherwise I agree it is a fun and interesting game.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Sean's promises are coming true one by one.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    kitarad said:
    AND for less then 300 million dollars  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:

I said they need to ADD an MO only mode, not to make the game entirely MO. 

Taking this into consideration, are you mooding, dumping, etc as much as you can in NMS? Are you that kind of a player who goes into the HUB and "gift" newbies all bunch of expensive items, which literally, is ruining their game-play entirely? 

Yes, this happens right now and A LOT. So again, you cannot take NMS Multiplayer serious, with LOCAL saves, where people can edit them and do the above stuff. 

Hence, the reason why I said, they need to ADD ( read that good this time ) , an Online Only mode, with Saves hosted at Hello Games servers. 

You are free to play solo/offline as you are doing now as much as you want. No worries. 

The point is, the cheaters, with dumping and mooding items, are the ones being against an Online Only mode. Why? If you are not flexing your dumped items to others, why do you care then?

...the above is in .. general speaking, not that I am saying you are a dumper ( yet ) !

I belive you are using drugs, since I never saw these even during the weekends I tend to make the comunity quest, but of course I tend to fly in, do the quest and fly out, and do it alone

also why you belive having a online only mode will prevent cheating? with is what I belive you are asking, with means not even asking right you are
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    lahnmir said:
    kitarad said:
    AND for less then 300 million dollars  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    If this title ain't a poster child for "still leagues better than crowdfunding," then I don't know what is.

Kudos to Hello Games.