Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Future warning on Jeromy Walsh aka Caspian

AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
I feel that this forum should not fully die, and there should be a lasting warning about Jeromy in case he decides to so the whole CoE again.

So if your directed here because your considering backing or supporting a game where the company either:
1) is led by Jeromy
2) has Jeromy in a senior position

Please be warned:
At worst this man is a con artist who stole millions from his backers for this project.
At best he is an incompetent fool who took millions of dollars and managed to create a parkour demo (in 4 years) that any graduate could make in a few weeks.

So not back the project, politely walk away and keep your wallet safe.
GdemamibcbullyYashaXScotxpsyncAsm0deusBrotherMaynard

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol , I warned yas the day  CoE was announced , but , mostly it went unheeded
    Gdemami
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Scorchien said:
    lol , I warned yas the day  CoE was announced , but , mostly it went unheeded
    That is true.
    But I'm hoping other victims of this...person come forward and put their side of the story forward so their is a multitude of people warning anyone in the future.

A lonely voice is often hard to hear, where as a multitude can be heard miles away
    ScorchienGdemami
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Was there a development that led to this post? The lawsuit or something? This came out of nowhere
    OrangeBoy said:
    Was there a development that led to this post? The lawsuit or something? This came out of nowhere
    Nope, I just saw an Twitter post about an article in Jeromy's local paper and thought a future warning would be useful
    Gdemami
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    In a couple years we'll most likely need a warning for every other scamstarter shyster as well.
    bcbully
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    He could literally reopen the CoE store today with an update post and mock screenshot and some people would give him money.
    ScorchienKyleranAnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

He could literally reopen the CoE store today with an update post and mock screenshot and some people would give him money.
    The worrying thing is this is so true
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    AnOldFart said:
    The worrying thing is this is so true
    Nothing to really worry about, if there is a “next time” you can sit firmly in the Harbinger camp and enjoy the ride.... endless entertainment really.
    YashaX[Deleted User]AnOldFart

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I think this guy would be perfect for them to make an example of to help ward off future scammers.
    Gdemami
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Guys like casp get handled one way or another
    Gdemami
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Is this one of those projects where if they are unable to finish it, they will publicly release the current source code?
    Gdemami
    --------------------------------------------
    Is this one of those projects where if they are unable to finish it, they will publicly release the current source code?
    No I believe they are "still working on it"