Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for isometric, open world, adventure

BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85
People ask this question every once in a while, and I'm looking again in case there's something new I'm not aware of.
I've been playing games like Wolcen, Last Epoch, and Grim Dawn, (haven't been in any MMO's lately) and while they all have aspects I like, I'm hoping to find something that is isometric but involves more actual harvesting, crafting, and building.

Bonus points if it's skill-based, and the more you do something, the better you get. Another way to describe it might be a Terraria type game but isometric in nature. That level of crafting.

Also, I'm a *little bit* of a graphics snob, so would like to avoid any ascii art, Minecraft blocks or retro pixel art.

I'd consider an MMO or single player, if it ticked most of those boxes.

Thanks!

Playing: Various Stuff
Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Legends of Aria

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Outside the obvious UO maybe Ashen Empires or RPGMO. But graphics will be the problem there. Not sure if there is any modern skill grinder games out there. Pretty much LoA.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Albion Online. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I figured your request was impossible,asking for features and a quality game but on an isometric budget.

So then i thought ok i'll simply Google "best isometric games" and the list was pretty much what i expected.

What you are going to get is 1990's game design and everything will be less enjoyable to watch with the eyes which is the purpose of a VIDEO game.You won't even be able to enjoy your character because it will be puny and with very low detail.If you are looking for a rpg experience but have a low end PC and that is the WHY,sure i understand.

Upon a BEST OF Google search you are going to see all the marketed games,all given inflated reviews by websites and people that make money off of these games.You would be playing inferior games in every possible way.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    You might like Balrum, it isn’t that pretty though. Not that the other suggestions are  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scorchien
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lahnmir said:
    You might like Balrum, it isn’t that pretty though. Not that the other suggestions are  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Balrum is a very cool litle RPG
  • chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    If you haven’t tried it out, I’d suggest divinity original sin 2. It’s isometric, open worldish, and an excellent adventure. 

Its not an ARPG or hack n slash game. It’s turn based. But the combat isn’t boring. 

Character building and development is is deep. You can play as a premade adventurer or create your own hero. There are endless class combinations. 

Be be prepared for a lot of story. It’s an RPG in every sense of the word. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/Divinity_Original_Sin_2__Definitive_Edition/