Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about techers and wand gear / wand lovers

tecknoetecktecknoeteck Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5
Alright so this is my first time playing PSo2 i was in love with the first one, i chose techer and im following cathys guide

Im trying to understand how the combo of wand lovers and Wand gear works. Currently im only lvl 16 and the only PA i have ATM is resta, i couldent find

any deband/shiftas for my level the only ones i found im 100 Tech power short of learning them, so im not sure exactly how this combo is supposed to work. Can i charge up normal attacks to fill my gauge? or is this only gonna fall into place when i can use shifta / deband?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    From what i see it sounds pretty simple.

Now i don't quite follow all the techs as i am not playing the class but i can read ..lol.

So Cathy is saying do not use Resta ,your heal or it affects your overall dps,i can only assume as to WHY.My assumption is that doing so removes the building up of FOCUS and/or removes the chained explosions and starts you back at one.

So the combo is simple as i already touched on it.

The class is by nature sort of weak,your a typical support class but with it's aoe Photonic explosions it becomes a powerful aoe dmg dealer.

So how it works...When you reach a certain amount of focus your attacks create a Photonic explosion.Where it shines is that as you hit more than 1 mob it escalates into more explosions that overlap.SO this would be very powerful versus several mobs at once but less effective versus for example one mob.

Wand Lovers and the Deband trees are just part of the damage building.I think one of them is the trigger for aoe but not certain.One of the DEBAND is worded terribly but i assume it raises your damage cap by a % or removes which is the same thing as removing a block on your damage cap which i think is what they are saying.

Anyhow i think your real question is how to attain those aoe explosions and are not to worried about the true intent of the class which is support.IDK at all how sub class plays into the builds,i assume it is just versatility and that these Phtonic Explosions is your go to source for dmg.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tecknoetecktecknoeteck Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5

i figured it out, do you know of a website i can use to look up certain quests/daily orders? 
    theres not much explanation in game on where to go for some of these things.

im trying to get my skill rings and i cant find anything on google 

also cant find anything on how to complete the quest "try cooking" i think i have to harvest tomatoes but i cant find any info on google, same thing for "try making a ring"
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

i figured it out, do you know of a website i can use to look up certain quests/daily orders? 

also cant find anything on how to complete the quest "try cooking" i think i have to harvest tomatoes but i cant find any info on google, same thing for "try making a ring"
    Much of this is kinda self explanatory once you go into the cafe and talk to the NPCs. At that point you just bring them the ingredients. 

As far as daily quests, what questions do you have? Most of the orders and so on are also pretty self explanatory. If you have questions on where to go to fulfill them, sort the quests at the top by region before you accepts them.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2020

Much of this is kinda self explanatory once you go into the cafe and talk to the NPCs. At that point you just bring them the ingredients. 

As far as daily quests, what questions do you have? Most of the orders and so on are also pretty self explanatory. If you have questions on where to go to fulfill them, sort the quests at the top by region before you accepts them.
    Here’s a little efficiency trick for all:

1. Accept a quest in the lobby
    2. Open menu and go to Quests - Client Orders and then select Orders That Can Be Accepted in the Fields of Ongoing Quests.

Presto, just select them from the menu. No more running around to NPCs etc. trying to figure out what goes where. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for the cafe quests. Make sure when you accept the quest and you get the option menu to select blocks you select to stay in the current one, else it takes you directly to your ship and this only works in the actual lobby!

Also, when you have a list of quests to choose from and you see ones with a blue arrow next to them, these quests give a stackable buff for all other quests and orders you do.

Ohh, and tomatoes can be harvested in the Forest zone. Definitely on normal and perhaps also on higher difficulties.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer