Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview: Just How Does The Outer Worlds Fare on Nintendo Switch?

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageInterview: Just How Does The Outer Worlds Fare on Nintendo Switch?

We recently had the opportunity to interview Obsidian about the Switch version of The Outer Worlds. Our discussion ranged from how the team was utilizing the Switch's unique features, to what being a recently-minted Xbox Games Studio team means to them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I'm curious how this is scored an 8.0, is that the score it got on PC/XBOX 1, the reason I ask is I am interested in this for switch but in that video there seemed to be a heavy emphasis on the poor visuals and slow down during combat.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Emeraq said:
    I'm curious how this is scored an 8.0, is that the score it got on PC/XBOX 1, the reason I ask is I am interested in this for switch but in that video there seemed to be a heavy emphasis on the poor visuals and slow down during combat.

I think rating of 8 you're seeing is for the PC/console versions.  It's a little high (IMO it was a 7 or 7.5) but it's still a fair rating.  The Switch version, from what I've seen and heard, is nowhere near an 8 or even a 7.  It's optimization is horrendous on the Switch and it looks awful.  I've played a few other ports to Switch (like XCOM 2 and South Park) and they're pretty decent even in handheld.  No idea why Outer Worlds shit the bed here based on how well other ports have done.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I didn't expect it to work well on Switch, and it doesn't. This game gives me lag spikes on my base PS4. And often when there is no combat going on.