Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF mmorpg that you can "catch up" fairly easily?

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
Hey, i am "gameless" now but i am looking for a mmorpg that i wont be too far behind and would be able to catch up in a reasonable amount of time.  One thing that turns me off from playing mmos that have been out for a while is that i always feel "behind" in the game.  Any suggestions?   Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Guild Wars 2
    [Deleted User]YashaX

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Amathe said:
    Guild Wars 2
    How is the community for newer players?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    flguy147 said:
    Amathe said:
    Guild Wars 2
    How is the community for newer players?
    It's good. But you won't be a new player for long, level wise anyway.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Levelling in GW2 is extremely easy.  However, the content in all the zones scales to your level so going back to a starter zone at 80 means all the mobs are 80 to you so content lasts quite a while.  The community is good, too.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited May 2020
    When you say behind do you mean in terms of raiding or progress in levels and gear acquisition or things like acquisition of prime land and cornering the market on trade. What aspect does your 'behind' refer to ?

You have to realise that in some games a vast amount of time may have to be expanded to reach some of these goals and you will always be behind.

In some games you can eventually reach there like the AA Everquest advancement. Initially you will be nowhere near that but with time your character can accumulate the points. The same goes for DDO. When you start you will have a long way to go but you will reach there eventually.

In some other games like in P99 you will have to be in certain guilds to be able to take on the top raids and mobs. That is something that even time cannot achieve since joining the guild is the only way to get there.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    In Most modern MMORPG , you can "catch up" easy around 1 month or 2,
    but the problem is , there are nothing to do after you "catch up"
    Kyleran
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya GW2 would be your best value. Also right now the base game is free and for $29.99 you can get the 2 current expansions. 
    YashaX
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    ESO, GW2, nearly everything else that is no Asia grinder

It also depends what type of player you are.
    Some people can level up every MMO within days by cheesing every lvl/farming trick there is, others just habe time to play 8+ hours a day and then there are guys like me who are to old for this sht and do level normally in the 10h per week they have.
    YashaX

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Nanfoodle said:
    Ya GW2 would be your best value. Also right now the base game is free and for $29.99 you can get the 2 current expansions. 

RIght so you play the free one and realize you're bored to tears by level 20 and save the 30 bucks.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    There is another choice is to play new mmorpg.

You could also play mmorpg which lacks content.  

GW2 is a decent choice because there is no gear tier to grind.  
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I love when someone who either hasn't played or deliberately giving false information comments on the level scaling system incorrectly.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.