Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valorant Launches Today, Receives Battlepass

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageValorant Launches Today, Receives Battlepass

Valorant, Riot Games's competitive 5v5 character-based tactical shooter, has officially launched today after nearly two months in beta and has officially announced the inclusion of a Battlepass.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2020
    Sorry for posting this here but I cant seem to get to the forums section, I keep getting a whoops sso timed out screen. Anyone else having this issue? How to fix?

Whoops!

Your sso timed out during the request. Please try again.

Scotstrawhat0981
  • XA20XXA20X Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited June 2020
    I cannot be the only one who thinks this game just looks and feels.. off? It's like cheap chinese plastic crap came to life and decided it wanted to leave the dollar store shelf to become a video game.
    SpiiderSignexZenJellytorke90
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDK what is going on,seems like a Google update or Windows update or something with this site.

So i am being told we need to sign in to the admin console and setup SSO login,idk if this is new or again something with this sites setup.
    By default we won't have it setup and odd is when i checked it out,the admin login,it sends me to my Gmail account but then i read it can't use gmail for the authenticity,all in all a real garbage idea.

So i was reading this is somehow suppose to authenticate your login from any machine but i don't see how that has anything to do with adding various accounts.Pretty simple already>>>username...password,doesn't get any simpler than that.

Asheram

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Boring. Same ol same ol. A money grab on the wings of other already established games. This game will never replace Counter Strike.

ZenJelly

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I’ll never try a game that uses such invasive anti cheat
    ZenJellyGdemami
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,513
    I played a few matches yesterday. Its a pretty decent CS:GO copy.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Cheap game.. slow even.. delete and done!
    ZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971

Asheram said:

Sorry for posting this here but I cant seem to get to the forums section, I keep getting a whoops sso timed out screen. Anyone else having this issue? How to fix?

Whoops!

Your sso timed out during the request. Please try again.

I was having that issue, just gave the site a miss and came back today.
  • NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

One day I was wondering why CoreTemp didn't launch on reboot anymore. Manually starting it showed an error, then I found out Riot's anti cheat was blocking it. oO
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Complaining about games they weren't ever going to play and bots posting WFH scams. Must be MMORPG.com.
    strawhat0981
  • dipzicanwondipzicanwon Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited June 2020

Thankfully opinions are like our asses and everybody uses theirs the way they want to.

Every single shooter out there I've tried from Escape to Tarkov, PUBG, Overwatch to The Division 2 has been filled with blatant cheating to the point where I simply refused to play these shooters anymore. Until I heard about Valorant anti cheat. I have absolutely no fear about my "data" and I'd rather have an invasive anti cheat than crap like Fairfight, Punkbuster and Easy Anticheat that doesn't do shit to prevent cheaters.

If you compare Valorant release to other similar games like Paladins, Overwatch, The Cycle and even Counter-Strike beta back then when it was still a mod it's fair to say anybody that experienced them will say this game is by far the most polished out of them during their release. Just compare Valorant with the latest amazon games Crucible for example.

But being an ex- professional CS player that quit playing FPS games over the internet because of the amount of blatant cheating its fair to say unlike most of the people who complains about Riot's anti cheat being "invasive" is actually one of the main reasons I'd play this game.
    Post edited by dipzicanwon on
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Looks bad and uses a kernel 0 rootkit as "cheat protection", ignoring the pinky swearing that they wont do anything bad with it the capacity is still there for them to do literally anything they want to your PC, and they are owned by Tencent which in turn is owned by Chinas government, its like falling through the window of a red light store.

All that aside, it looks bad and cheesy, is grossly unbalanced and the invasive anti cheat is completely and utterly ineffectual against actual cheaters.
    Gdemami
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I played one match and got destroyed. It was definitely like CS for me which I did not play much. I am not sure if I will give it another go or not. I feel some of the powers are "cheap" and Im not crazy about the maps.
  • Ecthelion29Ecthelion29 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The new map is complete trash. The other maps that were available in the beta were fine, but the new is so unbalanced towards the defending team that its not even funny.
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    edited June 2020

XA20X said:

I cannot be the only one who thinks this game just looks and feels.. off? It's like cheap chinese plastic crap came to life and decided it wanted to leave the dollar store shelf to become a video game.

Yet millions of people are playing it and having fun with it, maybe the only joy you find in life is complaining about something.
    Looks bad and uses a kernel 0 rootkit as "cheat protection", ignoring the pinky swearing that they wont do anything bad with it the capacity is still there for them to do literally anything they want to your PC, and they are owned by Tencent which in turn is owned by Chinas government, its like falling through the window of a red light store.

All that aside, it looks bad and cheesy, is grossly unbalanced and the invasive anti cheat is completely and utterly ineffectual against actual cheaters.
    I bet you are an IT professional who has certificates in Microsoft Paint and Notepad, please tell me more.
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Thankfully opinions are like our asses and everybody uses theirs the way they want to.

Every single shooter out there I've tried from Escape to Tarkov, PUBG, Overwatch to The Division 2 has been filled with blatant cheating to the point where I simply refused to play these shooters anymore. Until I heard about Valorant anti cheat. I have absolutely no fear about my "data" and I'd rather have an invasive anti cheat than crap like Fairfight, Punkbuster and Easy Anticheat that doesn't do shit to prevent cheaters.

If you compare Valorant release to other similar games like Paladins, Overwatch, The Cycle and even Counter-Strike beta back then when it was still a mod it's fair to say anybody that experienced them will say this game is by far the most polished out of them during their release. Just compare Valorant with the latest amazon games Crucible for example.

But being an ex- professional CS player that quit playing FPS games over the internet because of the amount of blatant cheating its fair to say unlike most of the people who complains about Riot's anti cheat being "invasive" is actually one of the main reasons I'd play this game.

Don't get me wrong I agree with your post.

However, Easy Anticheat and Fairfight are known to run ring-0 kernel drivers as well. Question is how good is the team at dealing with threats. As far as I am aware they work with a known community member, OWPD who joins communities of paid hacks and rats them out to the developers and they act immediately. So far 8000 people have been "soul" banned, which Riot claims is worse than a hardware ban.

Everybody that claims Vanguard is a chinese theft program is like a flat earther.

Arterius said:

Played a few rounds I enjoyed it but I think I am going to stick with Overwatch. It's doesn't do anything to pull me away from the hero shooter I was already playing

I mean yeah, I'm a mid-master Overwatch player it's a nice and fine hero shooter. However you can only achieve so much as a solo player. If your team is garbage, you are going to lose there's no alternative. Especially with the 2-2-2 lock. Your tank is feeding? Well shit, you're out of luck my friend. It's not like you can switch roles nowadays. My experience in Valorant? Clutching and acing 4-5 kills on a regular basis to the point where I give 0 fucks about my teammates skill level. Even more ... I tend to just observe the minimap and watch where they die and from where so I know where to focus my attack. They are certainly different games for different tastes.

Last night I went to play the new experimental card for Overwatch with the Genji buffs but man, I got constantly stunned, booped, shattered, frozen and killed by heroes that require 0 aim whatsoever (winston, moira, etc). Thanks, but no thanks.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    edited June 2020

XA20X said:

Yet millions of people are playing it and having fun with it, maybe the only joy you find in life is complaining about something.

I bet you are an IT professional who has certificates in Microsoft Paint and Notepad, please tell me more.

What's wrong with being an IT professional?

I'm a System Administrator/Programmer and I find your comment annoying, mostly because I know you must be a cashier or service retailer of some kind shit-talking another profession.

Stay in your lane.
    Gdemami