Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Of Creation Pre-Alpha 4K GM Gameplay

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

*Read Video Description B4 Watching*

"Glorious Fellow MMORPG Fans, We wanted to give you some solid and RAW uncut, gameplay footage in 4K of the Pre-Alpha MMO! Please keep in mind a FEW things as you watch; First and foremost, this IS pre-alpha footage and that means you will see many bugs, the game is still largely unpolished and not optimized since our primary focus is testing core systems and functionality. You will see mechanics implemented that are not intended design, this is purely for testing certain code (IE flagging, crafting, caravans, etc). Many things will change and Art/FX will get polished up before our Alpha One release late this year. Also, we may have cheated a little bit with some GM powers, in order to show you around a bit more during the playthrough :) Verra is starting to come to life! Hope you enjoy! "

- Steven System Specs the footage was recorded on: 1080TI, i7 7700, Ultra Wide 4k resolution, Ultra Graphics settings in game.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited June 2020
    Not sure it's my type of mmorpg being a PvP game.  However it's nice pre-alpha footage "proving their is a game being developed" behind all their talk, unlike Pantheon. 

Watched most of it, I'm concerned if it's another "take no damage" game like most of them.  At one point the group almost wiped at the city entrance by the dragons, but even easy games do things like that from time to time. However they did say they were only level 10. 

But at least it's proof the game is real.

Can't remember is it a Cash Grab game ?....... If so just add it to the other 200 games on the list of so-so games.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    PvP unless it is like BDO and no one absolutely no one bothers me then may be.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited June 2020
    Oh an know one gives a fuck if you don’t like pvp.
    wait on Pantheon and that other game. 

Edit-I woke up to take a shit and saw where this shit was going. Excuse my French 
    Post edited by bcbully on
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    bcbully said:
    That would be 'no' one. Not 'know' one.
    delete5230KyleranSandmanjw

bcbully said:
    No one gives a fuck what you like too...... So don't EVER GIVE YOUR OPINION !
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Looked like they’re about as far along as Pantheon. Makes sense, they’re both pre-alpha. 
    Gdemami
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is one game I wish I could remove my pledge money from. They stray further and further from initial direction promised. 
    Gdemami
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Nanfoodle said:
    This is one game I wish I could remove my pledge money from. They stray further and further from initial direction promised. 

How so? Can you provide some examples from someone out of the loop?
    Babuinix said:
    Nanfoodle said:

In the very very early stages, they displayed PvE only, no mention of dominant PvP.

Not much was said ether way.... So it was assumed PvE.
    bcbullyGdemami
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Babuinix said:
    Nanfoodle said:

In the very very early stages, they displayed PvE only, no mention of dominant PvP.

No PvP was always part of the plan but no battle royal. Also the game was slotted for pure tab targeting and trinity game play. Tab targeting was a big reason I backed it. There are more things that they have deviated from but that was the reason I wish I could get my money back on. Was lied too
    delete5230Gdemami
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Babuinix said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Last footage they have been showcasing is focused mostly on PVE. AFAIK their core always included PVE & PVP. Seems complainers just want to find something to complain about.
    Kyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This looks better and farther along than most kickstarters started before it.
    bcbully

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I'm over games with a tiny skill selection. I tolerated it in Guild Wars 1, but if you're giving me less than 15 abilities on my bar in 2020 I'm not giving you money. I'm done with dumbed down, shallow, simplistic games.
    Gdemamibcbully
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I'm over games with a tiny skill selection. I tolerated it in Guild Wars 1, but if you're giving me less than 15 abilities on my bar in 2020 I'm not giving you money. I'm done with dumbed down, shallow, simplistic games.
    This is the strangest complaint I’ve ever read. 
    edited June 2020
    I do have to say I love my action bars and filling them, creating my own personal dashboard...... I don't think this would stop me, but when its like five where the game is for consoles or abilities comes from weapons like GW2 that suck. 

How much PvP the game is may not appeal to me, I'm not that much of a fan but will see. 
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nilden said:
    This looks better and farther along than most kickstarters started before it.
    Agreed, but that's such a low bar to go by and no anywhere near the finish line as far as I've heard.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Ash of creation have have a relatively larger development team.  So it should theoretically be much more polished.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    This is the strangest complaint I’ve ever read. 

How is not liking shallow and simplistic gameplay a "strange complaint"? This is one of the strangest replies I've ever read.
    GdemamiTuor7
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

You will have less than 30 abilities on your hotbar, but as this is still their Pre-Alpha footage, they only have a limited selection of stuff done.

You will have the choice to have a lot of abilities (but less than 30) or you will have less abilities, if you double or triple invest in skills, adding additional affects to those skills (extra DOT, extra targets, HOTs, lifesteal, etc)
    Kyleran
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Looks good
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It's pre-alpha folks......
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's pre-alpha folks......
    Which means what exactly?

Meaningless term these days, could be synonymous for "half baked, broken piece of crap” or something like this.
    [Deleted User]Nildendelete5230

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon