Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are You Really, Really Scared Now?

Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
edited May 2020 in Off-Topic Discussion

How many think the Corona Virus is very serious and everything the U.S. (or your own) government is doing is totally justified?

How many think the our governments are overreacting?

How many think that our governments may have ulterior motives for ordering the Lockdown, taking away our rights, and potentially destroying our economies and the Middle Class?

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

The Corona Virus Vs the World
  1. Should We Be Very, Very Scared?3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
    3. Probably Not
        0.00%

Comments

• mellowmawerickmellowmawerick Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Government`s top priority is to take care of their citizens which is part of their jobs. Another part of their job is to make right decision based on analysis. Do you think that professionals didn`t analyze the situation trying to find out the best possible decision? We have totally forgotten that life is the top priority and that is what governments are taking care about. As thesis statement claim: the economic crisis of 2008 showed us that money could be gained anytime later. At the same time pandemic shows us that we live only once and that resource is much more valuable for people.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Go ahead and try to ignore it if you want. If you are trying to suggest that people shouldnt be concerned then maybe you need to read up on history.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Its an overrated mess. All the shutdowns weren't worth it.
    Ancient_Exile
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Asheram said:
    Go ahead and try to ignore it if you want. If you are trying to suggest that people shouldnt be concerned then maybe you need to read up on history.

The coronavirus is only as dangerous as the flu. 

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited May 2020
    No, this is not a government plot to take over your mind.

What it really, really, really is (I can't emphasize this enough) is an space alien plot to invade Earth by first weakening our defenses, destroying our economies, destroying our global supply chain, and destroying our trust in each other! 

This is just the third phase of their continuing, devious, plan. 

The first phase was to convince us that Pluto really, really, really (I can't emphasize this enough) is not a planet.

The second phase was to build up their military forces and supply on Pluto, since we would never think of looking there because it is no longer a planet.

The third phase is to weaken our defenses through disease.

Do not let this conspiracy theory of coronavirus distract you from the real conspiracy, that Covid19 was created in an space alien lab after decades of successfully kidnapping hayseeds from Arkansas for deviant sexual experiments designed to distract from the true purpose, that of creating a disease to weaken humanity for conquest (and eating, which explains why we have been fattened up to obesity)!

Remember, we will all get through this together, only separately. Keep practicing your anti-social distancing.

Now is not the time to panic. That comes later.

Post edited by Margaretaville on
    Asheram
    edited May 2020
    Asheram said:

The coronavirus is only as dangerous as the flu. 

The flu is short for influenza, and apparently atm covid-19 is more dangerous til theres a vaccine and immunity. 
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

"CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, there have been 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths"

Last I looked there are over 100k confirmed covid-19 deaths. What makes it dangerous is there is no vaccine yet. Which is what made all of those previous pandemics in that earlier link deadly.

flu took an estimated 24k-62k in 6 months
    covid-19 took 100411 in 4 months and thats just the numbers in the US.

The flu was deadly too until there was a vaccine.

There is no world government plot to keep you from going out and partying bro.
    edited May 2020

Skip to 57:10

edited May 2020
    You can put videos of talking heads up all day but numbers dont lie.

Whats so hard to understand about the difference between 24k-62k "estimated" deaths from the flu for a 6 month period and 100k+ "confirmed" cov deaths in 4 months?

And part of that flu death numbers overlaps with this cov time period so some of those deaths could have been connected to cov as well.
    Other things are getting scary too.
    https://www.twitch.tv/transdabber
    Some people might consider Elon Musk to be a fairly intelligent person. 
    Asheram

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    It's no where near a bad strain of the flu. People underestimate the flu. The Spanish flu killed something like 19 million people. In today's world it would have been over 100 million.
    Cleffy said:
    It's no where near a bad strain of the flu. People underestimate the flu. The Spanish flu killed something like 19 million people. In today's world it would have been over 100 million.

from RT:
    Where I work, things were left more open. I discussed things with colleagues and there was very little consensus. I put Covid-19 on a couple of certificates, and not on a couple of others. Based on how the person seemed to die.

I do know that other doctors put down Covid-19 on anyone who died from early March onwards. I didn’t. What can be made of the statistics created from data like these? And does it matter?

It matters greatly for two main reasons. First, if we vastly overestimate deaths from Covid-19, we will greatly underestimate the harm caused by the lockdown. This issue was looked at in a recent article published in the BMJ, The British Medical Journal.  It stated: “Only a third of the excess deaths seen in the community in England and Wales can be explained by Covid-19...

I think we can trust that the US system is over-reporting and socialized systems are under-reporting. The guidance is to report anyone with covid-19 or has the symptoms and not tested as the cause of death. This is further enforced by funding being directed at covid-19 patients. Socialized systems are incentivized not to in order to make the system look better. 
    Cleffy said:
    I think we can trust that the US system is over-reporting and socialized systems are under-reporting. The guidance is to report anyone with covid-19 or has the symptoms and not tested as the cause of death. This is further enforced by funding being directed at covid-19 patients. Socialized systems are incentivized not to in order to make the system look better. 

Why would it make socialized systems look better because they might have less covid-19 patients?

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    I still havent seen what their showing me on television and I live in a city
    KingNaid said:

About the Coronavirus, the riots, or both? 

Cleffy said:
    The spanish flu killed 50 million worldwide, with around 675000 deaths in the US.

Cleffy said:

Why would it make socialized systems look better because they might have less covid-19 patients?
    Something like covid-19 deaths is negative press for a politician. The number reported by socialized systems is something the politician can control. On the other hand in the US covid patients and death is linked to funding. The incentives are different because the person making the decision has a different set of accountability. 
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    KingNaid said:

must be only in the spots they record
  • SkinnyMinnyMoeSkinnyMinnyMoe Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Can’t say I'm scared. I'm really sorry that people are still dying, and promised plateau in my country hasn't come yet. I'm thinking about volunteering and helping at least something.
    edited June 2020
    Cleffy said:
    Cleffy said:

Something like covid-19 deaths is negative press for a politician. The number reported by socialized systems is something the politician can control. On the other hand in the US covid patients and death is linked to funding. The incentives are different because the person making the decision has a different set of accountability. 

Why would people blame politicians for covid-19 deaths?  Seems like most Western governments have been doing quite a lot to supposedly stop the spread of the virus.  Although Sweden seems to be only European country which didn't enact a lockdown.  Have a tremendous amount of deaths occurred in Sweden? 
    Post edited by Ancient_Exile on

KingNaid said:
    KingNaid said:

must be only in the spots they record

It's crazy that all these cities and states are acting like they can't stop the riots.  All they have to do is use tear gas.  These so-called protesters aren't wearing gas masks.

Asheram said:
    Cleffy said:
    The spanish flu killed 50 million worldwide, with around 675000 deaths in the US.

The Coronavirus is not the Spanish Flu.  The Spanish Flu was much, much worse.  But for some reason, civilization did not end, nor was it entirely transformed, by the Spanish Flu.

Asheram said:
    Cleffy said:

The Coronavirus is not the Spanish Flu.  The Spanish Flu was much, much worse.  But for some reason, civilization did not end, nor was it entirely transformed, by the Spanish Flu.
    Why are you responding to this, I was merely informing cleffy that his numbers were low, never said covid-19 was the spanish flu.