Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Odin: Valhalla Rising shows off gameplay trailer, Kakao Games named Publisher

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG Odin: Valhalla Rising shows off gameplay trailer, Kakao Games named Publisher

Yesterday, new Viking-centric MMORPG Odin: Valhalla Rising, in development at Lionheart Studio, released a new gameplay video. Today, news came that Kakao Games has signed a contract with Lionheart Studio to act as Publisher.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited May 2020
    Black Desert Online 2
    AsheramPhaedruslivesqomastrawhat0981aeunexcoreSamhael

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    think I saw more-of-the-same, gender-locked classes.....
    ZenJellyMouloxtos85strawhat0981
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited May 2020
    The only thing that looked viking like was some of the characters armor. They must have watched the first season of Vinland Saga before making this.
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    "Mobile MMORPG"
    Elethoninfomatz
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Gender locks.... more female characters that look like theyre 10 wearing nothing, moaning and groaning with each attack and movement... Feel like we've seen this a hundred times.
    ZenJellyElethonTokkenValdheiminfomatzMouloxtos85strawhat0981McSleazSamhael
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Kakao Games = Asian PTW
    TokkenValdheimholdenhamletMcSleazSamhael
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    So we'll see it in NA in about 8 years. Thanks.
    TokkenSamhaelLark3m
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    For mobile and pc means its dumbed down to mobile standards usually
    Viper482McSleazLark3m
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

etlar
  • sirozzysirozzy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I actually enjoyed the trailer until 01:43. After that it's a no no nooooo.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2020
    "Odin: Valhalla Rising is currently in development for both PC and Mobile platforms...." I'll pass. Honestly just looks like BDO just with another name anyway.
    strawhat0981
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Albatroes said:

"Odin: Valhalla Rising is currently in development for both PC and Mobile platforms...." I'll pass. Honestly just looks like BDO just with another name anyway.

Pass on what? This game will see the light in EU/NA at about the same time we will see Star Citizen released .... in 2030!

Anyway, the combat looks like BDO, Aion .. you name it. Is not bad, is just..not ..Vikings style! :)
    Viper482

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I can't say I'm a BDO fan although I did play it for 2 months after its NA release but I still think it's miles ahead of any other MMO with respect to world and city building - the world is gorgeous and realistic and large or medium cities really feel like they are in both scale and NPC activity - and this one looks very similar to BDO in that respect.

But when you're done ooohing and aaahing about the world, then what? Grind and grind some more and join the breakable gear improvement cash shop treadmill? Hard pass if that's the case.
    TokkenAzaron_Nightblade
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,, WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,,

All of you know nothing about the game yet and you all are cryin like babies, because thats what you all do best!!

Someone could put you all into a room full of free hookers and you would still find something to bitch about!!
    Viper482IselinKayless
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Isn't this an expansion to Black Desert. That was what I thought when I watched the video. Didn't realise it was another studio.

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    ppl pass just cause of gender lock...
    that sure, there's so much mmo to play these days.

i'm waiting hardly a mmo like BDO and ESO mix ( eso cinematics are nice but far far away from the gameplay but story, lore and background is really immersive)

let wait and see
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Dr_Binks said:
    WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,, WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,,

All of you know nothing about the game yet and you all are cryin like babies, because thats what you all do best!!

Someone could put you all into a room full of free hookers and you would still find something to bitch about!!
    Uhhhh, yea. There is a reason they are free. We have plenty of reason to be cynical, if you don't like it you are free to not be here. 

Crying about crying is still crying.
    Pyuk[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • EelonEelon Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Oh boy, this looks like it could might possibly be the one we've all......JK it's going to be a steaming pile like all the rest.
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Asian waifus with green eyes.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Korean Anime Vikings. That's a thing, apparently... a thing to be ridiculed and ultimately ignored.
    [Deleted User]IselinMcSleazTacticalZombeh

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Sure, it's not an MMO but I'll wait for Assassin's Creed Valhalla instead.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Elthium said:
    Sure, it's not an MMO but I'll wait for Assassin's Creed Valhalla instead.
    Now THAT is a proper viking game with manly men and hairy women.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I tried to watch carefully to see anything that might jump out at me.

For the most part it was a cool video to watch.

Obviously they did not show us any kind of micro managing of your character,like gear/ammo slots ,weapon types and what combat actually looks like,so yeah we didn't see the important stuff.

The one small tidbit i did notice is it appears they are going to copy paste the same FACE onto many npc's.That half naked Gorgon had the exact same face as the female character they showed a minute earlier.The end guy seemed to have the same face with an added beard as the other npc they showed earlier.

Other than that,it seems decent enough to check in on later.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Nice that looks really nice. Please keep it here in Asia and don't export to the West.