Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 PC NA Launch Marred with Issues

Comments

• HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Just downloaded it and the freaking launcher is all in Japanese. It looks like it's updating files right now, but I can't read anything.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

No issues downloading here. People having the above issue are an incredibly small minority, and may even be this one guy with an issue that is "several people". lol

Lol a minority. The game is already small, and the subreddit is filled with posts that have tons of issues. Don't try to downplay the problems just because YOU don't have them. Obviously not everyone has them, but they are widespread enough to where something needs to be done. This is not the first time the Windows Store has problems with a game nor will it be the last.
    alkarionlogCaboSoulDakeruValdheim
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited May 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    lahnmir said:
    Finally got in. All I had to do was:

- Edit and redownload DLL files
    - Reinstall several times (5+)
    - Repair installs
    - Override and edit permissions in Windows
    - Reinstall and modify several Microsoft Apps
    - Clear several protected folders
    - Edit through Powershell in Admin mode to modify another DLL

It only took me 7 hours but now I can play.....

Allf of this on an original and fully updated Win10.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I never had a problem with using the microsoft store, until yesterday.

I now hope they release something to make it better, or some other launcher gets it as well. I can't be arsed to redownload it for 6-7 hours to not work afterwards and having to redo it again. Fuck that.
    I can fully understand that. I pulled an all nighter on the fucker because it was pissing me off that much. Now I can play but am dead tired and need to work all day.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I am also not at all keen on redownloading and trying this today. I tried almost all day yesterday and I don't want to screw with permissions and stuff to PLAY a game. I was very excited to play and now I am wary. I may try again next week but right now I am gun shy.

If SEGA has any sense they will release this soon on another platform.

• SparkaSparka Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Sorry but your wrong, the game forums, reddit, youtube, gamefaqs, everywhere I look, there are many players having problems, its not a small minority.

Also the other guy is right, the game is dumb. It has nothing to offer.
  • EvilGamingEvilGaming Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited May 2020
    Window size cab be adjusted from the launcher note in game, The game favors 1280x760 run that in full screen on a 1080p monitor and it looks fine I haven't ran into any of these issues game works 100% for me
    alkarionlog
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46
    First I could install the game without problems then after patching and verifying files the patcher had no access to some files in a folder. Windows locked me out of that folder and I was unable to uninstall the game. After some time I found a workaround and deleted the game.

Today I tried to reinstall from MS Store and the store throws error 0x80070005 at me.
    Yeah I'm done till the Steam release.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Which new game hasn't had issues at launch? Every single MMO I have ever played has had issues at the beginning. It happens.
    alkarionlogCelciusTuor7Dakeru

edited May 2020
    botrytis said:
    Which new game hasn't had issues at launch? Every single MMO I have ever played has had issues at the beginning. It happens.
    This is the store not the game.

Times like this is when I truly appreciate Steam.
    Tuor7DakeruNyghthowlerValdheim

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    people are dumb....

first the game is not new and the issues come from microsoft store.

never used it before and it will be the last time btw, I had no problem with region lock, I downloaded okish(i'm not going over the issues of I can't change the place it will install the game and other annoyances with the store).

pretty much there is a redit post who shows all the paces to bypass this issues, the main issue is the installer of the game don't give permition to the admin to add/modify the files so you need to do it by hand, with sometimes it will prevent you of doing so, there was some powershell commands who worked faster then me doing this manually too, so I could log after a long time mulling over the game

also note you need to fix the files permition issue first before you can update the launcher, it also need to have teh xbox account up

I will see IF I had more issues today later, but I think microsoft is using this game to test the cross game with microsoft store. with means anyone waiting for a steam realease and a stand alone launcher will have to gave up, it will not happen or it will take around 6 months to happen
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    botrytis said:

The game is nearly a decade old and the issues are almost all related to the windows store.
    Tuor7DakeruValdheim
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

yonpachi said:

So I played the game just fine yesterday. Took a nap. Now I boot my PC up trying to play....

The game is gone, it's missing. My "pso2_bin" folder is only filled with 3 files and 1 folder.

The game deletes itself after you reboot your PC?

I never heard this kind of thing except in Fallout76

I rather play F76 than this tbh.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Khebeln said:

yonpachi said:

So I played the game just fine yesterday. Took a nap. Now I boot my PC up trying to play....

The game is gone, it's missing. My "pso2_bin" folder is only filled with 3 files and 1 folder.

The game deletes itself after you reboot your PC?

I never heard this kind of thing except in Fallout76

I rather play F76 than this tbh.
    Nobody is stopping you.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Where in the store is the download for the PC version? I searched for it, but only found the one for console.
  • furkatfurkat Member UncommonPosts: 3

It need new windows 10 update 1909, otherwise it won't let you install, and even though PSO2 is not region lock, MS store is region locked.

Can easily get around that though, just change your PC region to US

To purchase from the store buy US Xbox Live CD Keys, and use store credit to purchase AC in game, I'm from the UK and this is what I did.

Getting around 60 ping in game which isn't too bad considering there US servers.

This can get you banned across many developers as it goes against the TOS of buying outside your region. Mainly due to the possibility of trying to get a better price than offered.
    alkarionlog
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    furkat said:

It need new windows 10 update 1909, otherwise it won't let you install, and even though PSO2 is not region lock, MS store is region locked.

Can easily get around that though, just change your PC region to US

To purchase from the store buy US Xbox Live CD Keys, and use store credit to purchase AC in game, I'm from the UK and this is what I did.

Getting around 60 ping in game which isn't too bad considering there US servers.

This can get you banned across many developers as it goes against the TOS of buying outside your region. Mainly due to the possibility of trying to get a better price than offered.
    AFAIK it's not against the TOS. The store doesn't guarantee that stuff bought from outside your region would work, but they won't ban you for it.

But I'd recommend against changing region to US because if you do it it affects more than just Phantasy Star Online 2. If you aren't careful that kind of change might cause trouble with some other programs in the future.

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Sorry i don't speak Microsoft store.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    A new MMORPG has launch day problems?  Really?  This is the most shocking news I've heard since several minutes ago!
    GladDog
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Quizzical said:
    A new MMORPG has launch day problems?  Really?  This is the most shocking news I've heard since several minutes ago!
    Come on Quiz you are better than this.
    We are talking about an 8 year old game.

The problems come from the Microsoft store and there is really no excuse for what is currently going on.
    kitaradNyghthowlerValdheim
    Harbinger of Fools
    Quizzical said:
    Do you know anything about what the issues were. It is not the game it is Microsoft Store that is causing the issues. At least read before deciding to comment.
    NyghthowlerValdheim

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    And no EU version. GG
    I am from EU and I downloaded it just fine. Just change the link to redirect you directly to the US store and then you're good to download it and install it.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

OG_Zorvan said:

lahnmir said:

McSleaz said:

No issues downloading here. People having the above issue are an incredibly small minority, and may even be this one guy with an issue that is "several people". lol

The ones unable to download because their OS isn't up to date are probably running pirated copies of Windows 10, lol.

Yeah, that is totally what is happening..... lol

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Non-activated copies of Windows 10 still receive all updates.
    Yes I had an unactivated one for awhile but the watermark and not being able to rotate my desktop background bothered so I bought a key.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    My C drive didn't have enough space causing an error during download so I moved it to my D drive and I got the game to launch.  Made a character and started the tutorial mission.

But the game keeps crashing with a NP1002 error halfway through the mission which from what I gather has to do with GameGuard.  

I'm not big on workarounds.  If a game won't work without resorting to nonsensical adjustments, I don't play it.  Microsoft and PSO2 need to get their act together.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited May 2020

McSleaz said:

The ones unable to download because their OS isn't up to date are probably running pirated copies of Windows 10, lol.

Or they are just to cool to run the latest update. It's always something stupid like that and then they complain. I don't know one person that has these guys install issues and that's a lot of players that installed without issues. Or these guys have multi drives setups and are trying strange installs for the game.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2020
    Hariken said:

McSleaz said:

Or they are just to cool to run the latest update. It's always something stupid like that and then they complain. I don't know one person that has these guys install issues and that's a lot of players that installed without issues. Or these guys have multi drives setups and are trying strange installs for the game.
    Interesting. My issues must have been made up then, or I did some "strange installs," whatever the heck that means.

There are tons and tons of posts with people having issues, but you know none of them, like that means anything. Right here, on these forums, several people are struggling and the reaction? Must be their own fault, I know no one with these issues. Hilarious, not.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Valdheim
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Hariken said:

McSleaz said:

you don't know a lot of people huh?

again when there is a huge post on redit telling people to bypass every single error cause by the microsoft store, you know very well the issue is not the people and the store.

so unless you know waht its happening better stay quiet or of course you can keep pulling sh!t from ass acting like you know anything, I bet you do the later
    Valdheim
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.