Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 PC NA Launch Marred with Issues

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePhantasy Star Online 2 PC NA Launch Marred with Issues

It looks like Phantasy Star Online 2's PC NA launch has not been without issues.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    No! It *can't* be true! It's... impossible!
    McSleazFolmen
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    It need new windows 10 update 1909, otherwise it won't let you install, and even though PSO2 is not region lock, MS store is region locked.
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

It need new windows 10 update 1909, otherwise it won't let you install, and even though PSO2 is not region lock, MS store is region locked.

Can easily get around that though, just change your PC region to US

To purchase from the store buy US Xbox Live CD Keys, and use store credit to purchase AC in game, I'm from the UK and this is what I did.

Getting around 60 ping in game which isn't too bad considering there US servers.
  • Agent_KovaAgent_Kova Member UncommonPosts: 11
    No issues downloading here. People having the above issue are an incredibly small minority, and may even be this one guy with an issue that is "several people". lol
    McSleazPortzCelciusFolmenalkarionlogCaboSoulDakeruAlomar
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Should be available some other way besides JUST the WinStore!
    CelciusFolmenstrawhat0981Strizzy12infomatz
  • McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280

No issues downloading here. People having the above issue are an incredibly small minority, and may even be this one guy with an issue that is "several people". lol

The ones unable to download because their OS isn't up to date are probably running pirated copies of Windows 10, lol.
    CelciusdonpadrexalkarionlogDakeruAlomarStrizzy12Harikeninfomatz
  • TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I'm on 8.1 and I can get in game. Unfortunetly, I cannot install the necessary Xbox credential requirements as everything requires 10 now. Ergo, I can get in, but it cannot update my login info past no login info. Side note, dled it on my mothers Windows 10 comp, then had to mess with permission just to view and transfer the folder... -.- .....
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    The game is horrible anyway.

It's an 8 year old game that would seem dated 8 years ago...now it seems like something geared more for your cell phone than a PC.

Played for about 6 hours today...just couldn't push on.

Bad combat system, no real world, just hub based, dated visuals (expected). There are much better MMO's from around 8 years ago out there to play.
    Whiteshade92Portz[Deleted User]alkarionlogKhebelnstrawhat0981AlomarStrizzy12[Deleted User]McSleazand 1 other.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

It's an 8 year old game that would seem dated 8 years ago...now it seems like something geared more for your cell phone than a PC.

Bad combat system, no real world, just hub based, dated visuals (expected). There are much better MMO's from around 8 years ago out there to play.

Everyone has their opinion. Personally, I've played worse newly released games that I had to buy to play....
    As long as I'm having fun I'll keep playing; when I get tired of it I'll quit.
    maskedweaselValdheimMsGamerlady
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Everyone has their opinion. Personally, I've played worse newly released games that I had to buy to play....
    As long as I'm having fun I'll keep playing; when I get tired of it I'll quit.
    Any other game he would list at any point will have someone say that it's horrible.  Opinions are opinions. So far I have over 400 hours in PSO2. I'm having fun. When I stop having fun, I'll stop playing. 
    ValdheimRoin

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I ended up just uninstalling it. I was able to get it installed, but when I went to launch it did what every other game does an tried to update or confirm files. Let it run about 45 mins an it failed to download a file. Tried again, it failed again. Gave it another try, failed again. Figured I would give it a go, but not going to keep wasting time on it when it can't even update to be played, which is really sad considering how old the game already is. Also whoever thought it was a good idea to use the microsoft store to save some money should be fired. Don't care if the game was an xbox game no one wants to use that.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    k61977 said:
    I ended up just uninstalling it. I was able to get it installed, but when I went to launch it did what every other game does an tried to update or confirm files. Let it run about 45 mins an it failed to download a file. Tried again, it failed again. Gave it another try, failed again. Figured I would give it a go, but not going to keep wasting time on it when it can't even update to be played, which is really sad considering how old the game already is. Also whoever thought it was a good idea to use the microsoft store to save some money should be fired. Don't care if the game was an xbox game no one wants to use that.
    I agree with that. Even the Xbox app is better than the microsoft app store. It's kinda ridiculous and as a big first showing for most users being pushed to the microsoft store, this is not looking good for them.
    Khebeln

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I had no issues with install, or confirming files. It must be hit or miss issue as many are playing it. I did have what I thought was a window resizing issue, but learned that is not done in the game client itself but in the environment settings from the launcher itself, so I resolved that quickly, as well as the graphic settings.. But I have major lag in the lobbies, it seems just too many people in one spot, no matter my settings with an RX 570 card. I find the combat with bow is not that great, even locked on a target I can't seem to back away and fire, my character totally turns away from the target and fires at nothing.. so I just switched to blades and it improved that a ton... The game is passable, but will be moving on from it on Friday. XBC DE is out!
    alkarionlog
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    So other than a bunch of lag on the ship in the common areas, I have been playing all day and its been great..
    maskedweaselMikehaSignex
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Nice! A shitty game :P Fucking dumb choice also to do NA release only and no EU release.. wtf
    PortzalkarionlogDakeru
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    McSleaz said:

The ones unable to download because their OS isn't up to date are probably running pirated copies of Windows 10, lol.
    Yeah, that is totally what is happening..... lol

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    RemyVorenderDakeruDhamon99
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Was excited for the game until i have heard so much negative things about the download. Guess ill wait a bit.
    CelciusSainguin

• PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Game will die without EU release, no one's gonna bother setting their settings to NA and buying overpriced NA gift cards.
    CelciusalkarionlogDakeruHidekiNomura
    Finally got in. All I had to do was:

- Edit and redownload DLL files
    - Reinstall several times (5+)
    - Repair installs
    - Override and edit permissions in Windows
    - Reinstall and modify several Microsoft Apps
    - Clear several protected folders
    - Edit through Powershell in Admin mode to modify another DLL

It only took me 7 hours but now I can play.....

Allf of this on an original and fully updated Win10.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    IlayaDakeruSainguininfomatzDhamon99

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    lahnmir said:

- Repair installs

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I never had a problem with using the microsoft store, until yesterday.

I now hope they release something to make it better, or some other launcher gets it as well. I can't be arsed to redownload it for 6-7 hours to not work afterwards and having to redo it again. Fuck that.
    Sainguin

Bloodaxes said:
    lahnmir said:

- Repair installs

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I never had a problem with using the microsoft store, until yesterday.

I now hope they release something to make it better, or some other launcher gets it as well. I can't be arsed to redownload it for 6-7 hours to not work afterwards and having to redo it again. Fuck that.
    I can fully understand that. I pulled an all nighter on the fucker because it was pissing me off that much. Now I can play but am dead tired and need to work all day.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Sainguin

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    So I played the game just fine yesterday. Took a nap. Now I boot my PC up trying to play....

The game is gone, it's missing. My "pso2_bin" folder is only filled with 3 files and 1 folder.

The game deletes itself after you reboot your PC?

I never heard this kind of thing except in Fallout76
    Sainguin
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    And no EU version. GG
    Dakeru
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Last I played it existed only in japan, and some couch coders translated, and modded the client so you can play international...
    Now it's official and the office guys can't even launch an old game right. XD.

The better move is make a new generation Phantasy star game, offline or otherwise, I'm listening...
    MsGamerlady