Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Launches on PC Today

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePhantasy Star Online 2 Launches on PC Today

At long last, Phantasy Star Online 2 makes its North American PC debut today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    What about the eu servers then? Wtf.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

hoenens1 said:

Just change your Country or Region in your Windows settings to US and you can download it too.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Signex said:

hoenens1 said:

Just change your Country or Region in your Windows settings to US and you can download it too.

Why? I would play on NA servers then.. so there is no EU server at all?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

hoenens1 said:

Signex said:

hoenens1 said:

Why? I would play on NA servers then.. so there is no EU server at all?

since its called NA server take a guess

funny enough I didn't had to do anything like that and I don't live on NA the game was downloaded and intalled during the night
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Wow and to think I was hyped for this game.
    First they treat Windows users as second class people and now they exclude Europeans completely.

Way to shit on people Microsoft.
    Keep it up!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Yeah well the installation was flawless so flawless I am uninstalling and reinstalling and I think it is bricked up now because It won't launch to get the rest of the updates.

Give up wait till they sort it out for now.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    edited May 2020
    kitarad said:
    Yeah well the installation was flawless so flawless I am uninstalling and reinstalling and I think it is bricked up now because It won't launch to get the rest of the updates.

I had that same issue when I preloaded last night. After uninstallation I had to reinstall it on another partition. 

I probably wouldn't fret too much, the servers are getting slammed pretty hard right now. I thought the game would run much better on PC, but it's a lot worse right now actually, at least in the hub. 

kitarad said:

I had that same issue when I preloaded last night. After uninstallation I had to reinstall it on another partition. 

I probably wouldn't fret too much, the servers are getting slammed pretty hard right now. I thought the game would run much better on PC, but it's a lot worse right now actually, at least in the hub. 

more people playing they guessed, again,or is a microsoft store problem, serious first time I get something from there and you can bet its the last time, I don't have this issues on others MMo instaler and steam and gog...
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Yeah i would just wait a few weeks before logging in. I did the install so i will wait because i'm to dang busy in ESO's content too. Talk about server overloads for Skyrim in ESO .
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Just be aware the game uses "Game Guard" doesn't disclose it.

Reported to Microsoft, hopefully they will let them know they have to properly tell people before installing this rootkit.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Renoaku said:

Reported to Microsoft, hopefully they will let them know they have to properly tell people before installing this rootkit.
    Do you just avoid any game with any form of anti piracy or anti cheat? 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Renoaku said:

Only those that don't give "Full Uninstall instructions" to customers, and don't make people aware of it.

At least with Black Desert, they apologized for this back in the day and provided full removal instructions of XingCode3, but Game Guard, is even worse to remove I remember dealing with issues from Lineage 2 back in the day, absolutely don't want this stuff on my PC.

When you see a game on the Microsoft Store for example you are being lead to believe you are just installing (The Game) nothing else.

Anti-Cheat is fine just make sure you inform people of what is being used, and removal instructions.

https://imgur.com/1Qd6hS2.jpg
    Panzerbeorne39Ponku
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:

Only those that don't give "Full Uninstall instructions" to customers, and don't make people aware of it.

At least with Black Desert, they apologized for this back in the day and provided full removal instructions of XingCode3, but Game Guard, is even worse to remove I remember dealing with issues from Lineage 2 back in the day, absolutely don't want this stuff on my PC.

When you see a game on the Microsoft Store for example you are being lead to believe you are just installing (The Game) nothing else.

Anti-Cheat is fine just make sure you inform people of what is being used, and removal instructions.

https://imgur.com/1Qd6hS2.jpg

its not like you can't run the game without the game guard, xingcode and so on, most hacks already turn off this.

same with blade and soul once I had issues of xingcode not upadting and not letting me run the game, I solved the issue after I started to use blade and soul buddy and turn the sh!t down, so now I could play
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Game is very fun, but the lag in the ship area is really killing it for a lot of people. Hope it clears up soon.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Should have been on Steam