Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia....... According to Stormhaven Studios their is no competition, according to Visionary Realms their is no comment about ANYTHING. Going off subject they lack in all departments.

But this reminds me of the struggle for "release and quality" between EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft back in 2004.  Remember World of Warcraft took it by a gaping landslide !!!

Reason :
EverQuest 2 was a "hot mess".  This was nearly twenty years ago, strange how history repeats it self. 

I wanted Pantheon ONLY because of more mainstream marketing, word of mouth and Brad..... I feel their is no reason to hang on to these false indicators.  However time will tell and can't predict the future. 

I also wanted Pantheon because of the ASSUMPTION it was a successor to EQ1..... Turns out no one knows what Pantheon will be, where as Saga of Lucimia MAKES IT CLEAR.

Disclaimer :
Pantheon has a fighting chance as long as they don't compeat for an equal release date.  Since it appears Pantheon is a "hot mess", I don't foresee competition anyway.  Lets just hope VR doesn't do anything stupid.   

Because of health issues I haven't played much of anything.  It's time to jump back into SoL B)
Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited May 2020
    What a bunch of bull crap.... Read this !.... It's the synapses for Pantheon.  It basically says nothing AT ALL !

"A great big nothing" is how I view Visionary Realms. 

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is a group-focused MMORPG based on challenging gameplay and open world high fantasy. It takes place on a world populated by deities and heroes, called Terminus. Mortal and planar shards which have collided create the dramatic and epic environment of Terminus. With some of those shards came deities and demigods that, over time, raised empires which forged the turbulent political landscape. Centuries later, new planar collisions have occurred that will pull the players into the world and its politics. The player is a legendary hero, stripped of his or her powerful relics and left to explore the dramatically diverse and epic regions of Terminus with hopes of reclaiming their relics and those of lost heroes.

Allow me to translate :
    A group-focused MMORPG, in the world of Terminus. 

What are we hanging on to here ?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Neither game much interests me at this point, haven't played either and what I've seen or read about them doesn't excite.

Both have several more years at least before reaching final release so there's nothing really left at this point except to keep on beating these two dead horses.

Hand me a stick please.

>:) 
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Neither game much interests me at this point, haven't played either and what I've seen or read about them doesn't excite.

Both have several more years at least before reaching final release so there's nothing really left at this point except to keep on beating these two dead horses.

Hand me a stick please.

Both synapses sound boring, this is true

But SoL gives hands on..... Honestly, it is fun.

YEARS FROM NOW, we may say the same thing for Pantheon.... For now it's a great big nothing. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Definitely not competitors.
    [Deleted User]
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I remember back in the day when a game was announced everyone said the same thing, "Interesting, but forget about it until it's released".

Translation: You're dwelling on it for absolutely no reason and only hurting yourself. You'll either get a chance to try it yourself someday or move on to another game entirely.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
    I remember back in the day when a game was announced everyone said the same thing, "Interesting, but forget about it until it's released".

Translation: You're dwelling on it for absolutely no reason and only hurting yourself. You'll either get a chance to try it yourself someday or move on to another game entirely.
    It's 6AM talk, no one was up.... Not disrupting anything in my life.

Since this post, most of the family is up, released the chickens out of the coop, put 2 of 3 Air Conditioners in and moved the vehicles out of the way so I can sharpen my lawn mower blades.  All while on Chemo and radiation treatments.... What have you done ?

Funny, don't remember a time "interesting but forgot about until release".  Seems it's always been like it is now !..... Maybe before the internet ?
    edited May 2020

Since this post, most of the family is up, released the chickens out of the coop, put 2 of 3 Air Conditioners in and moved the vehicles out of the way so I can sharpen my lawn mower blades.  All while on Chemo and radiation treatments.... What have you done ?

Funny, don't remember a time "interesting but forgot about until release".  Seems it's always been like it is now !..... Maybe before the internet ?
    Benn up since 3am working but none of that even matters and no clue why you mentioned it or asked. I never said anything about disrupting life, I said dwelling. It's clear you have negative opinions about Pantheon, you seem to dwell on it a lot and that isn't good for mental health. Just looking out.
    Sovrath
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Pantheon is making a VR now? This is "Anything But Launch" development. What next a Voxel version?
    Scot said:
    Pantheon is making a VR now? This is "Anything But Launch" development. What next a Voxel version?
    VR = Visionary Realms
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228

You're exceedingly hostile guy.
  • TanistTanist Member UncommonPosts: 280
    edited May 2020
    Kyleran said:

Hand me a stick please.

With Pantheon, I agree... several more years is likely.

However, with SoL.. they seem to be on track and very transparent about their process. They are estimating beta by July next year, and release in 4th quarter. 

They are currently in 3rd phase Alpha, so that time table seems reasonable if they stay on course. 

Also, they just went dark in terms of attending to site interviews, advertising, etc... (you can still keep up on game development thorough their forums/discord channels) in order to focus on the last stretch of the game.

After reading some about it, they seem to have their stuff together. In fact, they have been documenting their development process from day 1 and are planning on releasing a documentary on building an MMO from scratch by novices and they also will be providing content to help others deal with the process as well.

I am more inclined to believe they will release within their target ranges than I am Pantheon. 

Kyleran

I would say aggressive.... I get a lot done.
  • NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
     It's the synapses for Pantheon. 

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Ok, I'm being a grammar Nazi but come on man, you made the same mistake twice.

As for Pantheon and SoL I have no hope for either of them.  Watching this all play out holds a certain morbid fascination for me but that's about it.

Could you please elaborate? I am interested to see what you claim to be such.

I would call him argumentative to various degrees of intensity, but hostile? 

I once had a poster call me hostile, hateful, and bullying because I showed someones argument to be invalid (they were being obstinate and I had to finally provide detailed factual evidence where they could no longer deny it). That is what I was told, that to prove someone wrong is offensive and hostile. 

The days we live in... 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Luchimia sounds like a Lucha Libre MMO. Now that would be something. Just imagine the costumes in the cash shop.

:)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Tanist said:

I once had a poster call me hostile, hateful, and bullying because I showed someones argument to be invalid (they were being obstinate and I had to finally provide detailed factual evidence where they could no longer deny it). That is what I was told, that to prove someone wrong is offensive and hostile. 

The days we live in... 

On several occasions I've been accused of trolling for disagreeing with someone and posting ”facts” I find searching the internet.

I understand said facts may not be true, but usually these accusers are unwilling or unable to provide a countering set of information, and resort to dismissing me as a   >:)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Getting up at 3 am? 6am? What's wrong with you people, those are going to bed times, it's almost if none of you are really gamers.

;) 
    SovrathFangrimScot[Deleted User]

Kyleran said:
    Getting up at 3 am? 6am? What's wrong with you people, those are going to bed times, it's almost if none of you are really gamers.

;) 
    This is true when games were games, but their no longer games.

Therefore 3am and 6am..... and chickens  :|  
    [Deleted User]KyleranScot
    Kyleran said:

;) 
    Haha I normally go to bed around midnight but died out around 9 last night. When the dog got me up I decided to stay up and get work done. 6 hours sleep is pretty normal.
    delete5230
    Kyleran said:
    Tanist said:

The days we live in... 

On several occasions I've been accused of trolling for disagreeing with someone and posting ”facts” I find searching the internet.

I understand said facts may not be true, but usually these accusers are unwilling or unable to provide a countering set of information, and resort to dismissing me as a   >:)
    Well I insist on winning when I'm right. This has always been a solid fact with everything in life.

So when you can round up 40 bad guys and kill them all in one shot, this holds true in EVERY MODERN GAME and most classics that have been revamped !!!

Crystal clear.... Yet 90% can't see that, tells me their is something wrong with the majority. 

Then when you mention games are easy...... they ask for a definition...again crystal clear. 

I have to question what is wrong with people here ?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited May 2020
    Honestly I have played FFXIV  a few years ago and the 'round up 40 and kill them' is not true at all. Last I played LotRO was 10 years back and it was never like that. 

I don't know what the hell you're referring too but no one player can solo and kill 40 except may be in Black Desert and ARPGs.

Some games you can do AOE grinding in groups where normal mobs can be dealt with that way but not harder mobs and in dungeons. 

I think you don't play games for very long.

I recall your complaint about the spirit cake popping when you die in DDO as the reason you left the game. I feel you decide you don't like a game and invent an excuse to feel comfortable with leaving and condemning the game. That is not however reflective of the actual case in many games you have left.

Your excuse for leaving Everquest P99 was the UI and how you could not wrestle with it. I don't know whether you realise this but the barrier is inside your own mind. When you come across a game that you find too difficult you search for an out and take it and then come on these boards on threads and bad mouth the game for your own failings.

I think in your imagination you're some great player but the games are the ones failing you and it is never the other way round.

The game you hold up as being great, vanilla WoW, is a very easy game and yet you seem to think it is the perfect example of what games should be like.

I think you could not hack DDO or Everquest .
    VyntDullahan
    Chamber of Chains
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Tanist said:

The days we live in... 

Once?

Newb
     ;) 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Kyleran said:

Hand me a stick please.

SoL is actually in a playable state as we speak.  The closed testing runs actually indicate that a game worth a damn is being actively worked on and is approaching beta.  I've been in plenty of betas (and launches for that matter, looking at you Vanguard,anarxhy online and FFXIV) that were in worse shape than SoL is in now

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

edited May 2020
    DMKano said:
    itchmon said:
    Kyleran said:

Hand me a stick please.

SoL is actually in a playable state as we speak.  The closed testing runs actually indicate that a game worth a damn is being actively worked on and is approaching beta.  I've been in plenty of betas (and launches for that matter, looking at you Vanguard,anarxhy online and FFXIV) that were in worse shape than SoL is in now

None of that means anything sadly as far as future success.

Pantheon has been in a playable state for a looong time as well.

Both games are more likely to fail than succeed - because the reality is - most MMOs fail before launch, and then extremely few are successful post launch.

So statistically speaking - both games have a very low chance of success.

So best thing to do is wait to see:

1. Do they make it to launch?
    2. Once they launch - are they gonna be good enough to grow a playerbase or will they die a quick death as many MMOs do?
    3. Polish post launch - bugs and exploits galore and crashes galore or stable and polished?

etc... etc..

We haven't even gotten to #1 - lol

Well, I understand what you are saying, but lets look at what we know generally about both games.

Current development stage:

Pantheon: Pre-Alpha
    Saga of Lucemia: Alpha stage 3

Projected Beta:

Pantheon: Uknown
    Saga of Lucemia: July 2021

Projected Release:

Pantheon: Unknown
    Saga of Lucemia: 4th Quarter 2021

Now, if we go back to when these projects appeared to start... Saga of Lucemia looks like it started in 2014. 

Pantheon failed its KS goal in 2014, but... moved donations to their site and began "loose" development. 

Regardless of the pitfalls either had, both moved on as best they could and continued development. 

The more I read though, the more I will say that SoL was far more organized and structured in their development cycles (which is quite impressive for a novice group of developers these days). 

So... Will Saga of Lucemia release? Obviously, it is just a guess... but... I will say based on their current progress, their transparency in their design goals and milestones, I would wager that they will. Pantheon I do not have that same confidence.

As for your questions...

Saga of Lucemia team is small and their design process appears to be well structured (the better structured a project is, the more efficient it is) which is likely to translate to more stable code/systems. 

Also, their game design is solid and tested (ie skill based progression has done well in past games). The fact that they are not focused on PvP, also lends to more time and effort on game play design and function. Also, if you read their comments about developing an MMO, I think  they planned full development to be roughly around 6-9 years total.

Their graphical appearance is modest, and it is obvious they have spent more time on the game play, over appearance (though I did read something about them bringing in some professionals to help with those areas, so we could likely see improvements there as well in the future, after all... graphical improvements are something you want to do at the later stages of development, not... early stages IMO). 

While there is always the fear of an Anarchy Online launch, keep in mind that this is a modest studio, not a AAA launch trying to gain support of mainstream. The niche supporters are a bit more tolerant and willing to accept some bugs/issues and will ride it out (as long as it is reasonable), so post launch I see as much less of an issue for Saga of Lucemia than I do Pantheon.

That is, if Pantheon chases after mainstream, they will be subject to the cries of "foul play" if there are bugs/issues and that crowd will be relentless in taking them to task for it. If Pantheon has sold out appealing to mainstream over their core original base, there will be nobody there to "see them through" if they release in a horrible state. 

We don't know what Pantheon has planned, they aren't very transparent with anything really that would give us a chance to gauge their progress. So, I think at this point, it is fair to say Saga of Lucemia is in a better position and a favored selection to meet their goals. 

achesoma