Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online - Creating The Story Of New Eden

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageEVE Online - Creating The Story Of New Eden

Recently we had the chance to sit down with EVE Online's Creative Director Bergur Finnbogason and Brand Manager Sæmundur Hermannsson about the unfolding story of EVE Online and how the team at CCP draws from a myriad sources to tell its tale.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PhlaccPhlacc Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Great. Everyone has more storytelling to look forward to in Eve. How about letting us get out of our ships, land on planets, now that would be a change worth looking into.

A whole article wasted on letting us know that Eve has good storytelling/lore. wow.
    strawhat0981
  • toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited May 2020
    CCP lies as we know from the past their events people rig storylines and set up the players (and the sides of the story they support) to lose if they think the story is not going in the "right" direction. That is the opposite of roleplay or open ended branching storylines. That is outright railroading. There is also using the guise of "story" to play favorites. How many times have loot pinatas flown into dev friend territory on supposed story reasons but really as an excuse to rain goodies on their friends?
    I know this because I was one of the player volunteers on their event team years ago and quit when I saw what they did was the opposite of what they claimed in public.
    JeroKane
  • Strider_AlphaStrider_Alpha Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    "Knowing that there is this evolving story and that I’m part of it, even though I’m not necessarily engaging directly – we that players love that."

Seems like a real disconnect. I don't think many people would feel this way.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Fun read, I have been listening to a lot of eve lore stuff on youtube lately. The trig invasion story line has been really interesting.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    In EVE and Elite there are some VERY dedicated explorers and researchers at work.

Cool stuff. Unfortunately the individual chance of having a relevant encounter is low. That is why there are whole groups pooling their data.

Have fun