Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holly Longdale from Daybreak is now working on WoW Classic.

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,226

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,666
    She can't hurt the state of Blizzard right now which is release mistakes then fix them later.So maybe she can help add to mistakes or who knows maybe she can help make it better.

You also need to remember that a LOT of people have left Blizzard over the years,including people that worked on Wow so yeah they need replacing.The way Blizz/Acti have been cutting corners and costs of late the past couple years i am sure not a great paying job but likely still better than what DBG was offering.

That is something we hardly ever hear about is how they  were treated at these jobs because you know what we do hear is all BS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,138
    Ok.. so what massive screw ups did they do with Daybreak?

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,180
    Good luck to her. 
    Xodic

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,311
    All I know is she worked on EQ2 and left Daybreak recently. What's good or bad about her?
    Sovrath
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,180
    From the welcome to Blizzrd meeting: "You've ruined your own lands. You'll not ruin mine."
    OG_ZorvanTheocritus

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,226
    Iselin said:
    All I know is she worked on EQ2 and left Daybreak recently. What's good or bad about her?
    For starters, she has a disdain for all customers who are not "hardcore raiders" and has let it be known publicly. She is also biased in favor of EQ over EQ2 and made sure all the cash shop plundering was aimed at EQ2 while kept to a minimum in EQ. Under her direction, every expansion and GU has included excessive grind which can be surprisingly immediately alleviated through the cash shop. In short, she's everything that 's wrong with EQ2. 

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,034
    edited May 18
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Iselin said:
    For starters, she has a disdain for all customers who are not "hardcore raiders" and has let it be known publicly. She is also biased in favor of EQ over EQ2 and made sure all the cash shop plundering was aimed at EQ2 while kept to a minimum in EQ. Under her direction, every expansion and GU has included excessive grind which can be surprisingly immediately alleviated through the cash shop. In short, she's everything that 's wrong with EQ2. 
    She wasn't that bad. EQ2 died the day it released, when the client couldn't run well for most people, they had group content all over the overland zones, and they refused to phase EQ out. They basically redesigned the entire early game for you people.

They competed against themselves, and WoW. EQ2 was borderline dead at the tail end of the Velious expansion. They basically had to do EQX and move to a shop model to fund the game. Not enough people were willing to subscribe, and SOE/DBG's other games weren't good enough to fork over the cash for that subscription. 

EQ2 had a lot of non-raid stuff to do, and they went a lot further to make non-raid content matter than WoW. Much longer than WoW did. Your characterization is a lie. 

That game basically had a rough launch, and other companies likely would have scrapped it and moved on instead of having it limp along the way it does. Be grateful it still exists. 

Can't have a free to play game with no mechanism to monetize users. That's the reality. You're free to dislike it  you are not free to spread conspiracy theories and blatant character assassinations based on you personal opinions and bitterness. 
    cheyane
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Is Holly Longdale married?
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,047
    I'm sure she'll fit right in.

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 833
    I'm surprised Daybreak and EverQuest are still going! Are people still playing? I would have thought all the veterans have left by now...
    Theocritus
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member RarePosts: 6,589
    Not only are they still going but they're still making expansions and if I recall several months ago there was talk about making a while new game.

This means they are likely making some decent money.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Darksworm said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Iselin said:
    She wasn't that bad. EQ2 died the day it released, when the client couldn't run well for most people, they had group content all over the overland zones, and they refused to phase EQ out. They basically redesigned the entire early game for you people.

They competed against themselves, and WoW. EQ2 was borderline dead at the tail end of the Velious expansion. They basically had to do EQX and move to a shop model to fund the game. Not enough people were willing to subscribe, and SOE/DBG's other games weren't good enough to fork over the cash for that subscription. 

EQ2 had a lot of non-raid stuff to do, and they went a lot further to make non-raid content matter than WoW. Much longer than WoW did. Your characterization is a lie. 

That game basically had a rough launch, and other companies likely would have scrapped it and moved on instead of having it limp along the way it does. Be grateful it still exists. 

Can't have a free to play game with no mechanism to monetize users. That's the reality. You're free to dislike it  you are not free to spread conspiracy theories and blatant character assassinations based on you personal opinions and bitterness. 
    Oh shut the fuck up, fanboi. Holly ain't gonna give you no reach around.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Not entirely sure how she is going to mess up WoW Classic.  Cause heck we already know what WoW Classic is and is going to be. It's not like you can do massive changes to WoW Classic and still call it WoW Classic and have the player base stick around.

I still remember the days when EQ2 and WoW first launched. When they where battling it out in the adds. With one announcing 100k subs.. then along comes the other with a 150k subs announcement. Going back and forth.
    edited May 23
    Not entirely sure how she is going to mess up WoW Classic.  Cause heck we already know what WoW Classic is and is going to be. It's not like you can do massive changes to WoW Classic and still call it WoW Classic and have the player base stick around.

I still remember the days when EQ2 and WoW first launched. When they where battling it out in the adds. With one announcing 100k subs.. then along comes the other with a 150k subs announcement. Going back and forth.
    I agree, she can't hurt WoW Classic. I'm sure that's the only reason she even got in the Blizzard door. They can use her knowledge of running "classic" servers while insulating the rest of their product out of her reach.

VengeSunsoar said:
    Not only are they still going but they're still making expansions and if I recall several months ago there was talk about making a while new game.

This means they are likely making some decent money.
    Have you looked at their expansion of late and the reception of them? As little effort as possible for as much money as possible, with "content" being insufferable grinds conveniently alleviated by continuous cash shop purchases. Also, the only one who implied any new game was coming was Longdale, who always did this every time she needed to placate the restless natives. No new game is or was coming. 
    Ancient_Exile

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,666
    People putting too much meaning behind this,she is simply an experienced vet ,game studios are always looking for vets and if the price is right,they hire that person.

I do not believe they hired her for any specific reason,just a hired employee like the rest of them.
    I mean seriously,all you have to do is look at failure,she was involved with lots of failure,so do you honestly think Blizzard hired her for her failures ...lol.

I am quite sure DBG is a sinking ship,always has been,they will eventually dwindle down their payroll to a few people to keep it open,keep it looking like a legit business.So Holly got the hell out of there,likely applied o Blizzard a long time ago but also likely had a contract to fulfill.So her contract was up and she was out of there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    People putting too much meaning behind this,she is simply an experienced vet ,game studios are always looking for vets and if the price is right,they hire that person.

I do not believe they hired her for any specific reason,just a hired employee like the rest of them.
    I mean seriously,all you have to do is look at failure,she was involved with lots of failure,so do you honestly think Blizzard hired her for her failures ...lol.

I am quite sure DBG is a sinking ship,always has been,they will eventually dwindle down their payroll to a few people to keep it open,keep it looking like a legit business.So Holly got the hell out of there,likely applied o Blizzard a long time ago but also likely had a contract to fulfill.So her contract was up and she was out of there.