Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much of this game looks so interesting but..

2»

Comments

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    edited July 2018
    @postlarval crowdfunding will continue on their website after Kickstarter campaign is over. That was known before their Kickstarter campaign and it is explained in their strechgoals. So their businessplan does exist, in plain sight.

Kickstarter campaigns usually have a boost in the first two days and last two days. So confident they'll make the last 5k in 60 hours.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    The devs have said that they don't need the KS money....but it will allow them to hire a few more people. They already have private investors.
    Can you link to that information? It would be a big miss if they failed to publish that to a wider audience of potential pledgers.

benseine said:
    @postlarval crowdfunding will continue on their website after Kickstarter campaign is over. That was known before their Kickstarter campaign and it is explained in their strechgoals. So their businessplan does exist, in plain sight.

Kickstarter campaigns usually have a boost in the first two days and last two days. So confident they'll make the last 5k in 60 hours.
      So their "business plan" is hoping for more "donations."

No reason to worry there...   :#
    KyleranEQBallzz

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2018
    The devs have said that they don't need the KS money....but it will allow them to hire a few more people. They already have private investors.
    Can you link to that information? It would be a big miss if they failed to publish that to a wider audience of potential pledgers.

benseine said:

Also would be great if someone could link how much they've spent so far and how much more the private investors will be providing.

Total budget planned for the core MVP would be great too.

I took a quick look but didn't see any of this info in the KSer page, perhaps I missed it?
    postlarvalGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:

benseine said:

Also would be great if someone could link how much they've spent so far and how much more the private investors will be providing.

Total budget planned for the core MVP would be great too.

I took a quick look but didn't see any of this info in the KSer page, perhaps I missed it?
    What also scares me is that $110K will allow them to hire a "few more people." I don't know where in the world you can get a developer for $36K, but please send them my way. I'll pay them three times that and give them stock options, insurance, and an actual stable job.

Or better yet, I'll just pay them $36K and save myself a fortune in the budget.
    KyleranGdemami

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2018
    Kinda missed the kickstarter, but the game does look a bit interesting and has better graphics than the other game.

Also missed the Kickstarter which sucks because I wanted the baby dragons, but the CEO answered that in "Fractured" You won't get banned for Freely trading, or accepting trades without anything in equal value, they didn't say they wouldn't ban for RMT, but it's great having a truly player run economy something I wish "Black Desert" had in it.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/5549/in-game-currency-resource-rules

Basically another sandbox MMO with player run economy looks good, but accepting a trade if someone offers something should truly never be illegal unless the person acknowledges in game they paid "Real Money" for it using the in games service thus proof of doing something wrong.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    It's not isometric.  It's not even close to isometric.  The pre-alpha video is overhead view, but that's not what isometric means.
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    @Renoaku they are going to continue the crowdfunding campaign on their website soon and the same packages should be available there too (maybe not the early bird ones tho). 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    RofusEU said:
    @Renoaku they are going to continue the crowdfunding campaign on their website soon and the same packages should be available there too (maybe not the early bird ones tho). 
    Yeah I figured they would have them before long too, will be great to have another game similar to the one that flopped, but with a Truly free economy and likely better than the other too.

Truly loving the developers response with that post too, because I've gotten the same response from every upcoming Video Game developer i've asked the same question to so far, and they even said it's likely due to the country the game came from as well which is why it's failed since Alpha - Release.

Part of the problem with BDO as well because currently I am afk fishing 24/7 in that game still is that there is no free economy so basically every "Cash Shop" cosmetic item you find that people ask and beg for costumes sometimes you really don't want to sell it because you get like (Absolutely Nothing) for doing so due to not having a free economy which makes it hard on the free players to get what they want for free without paying.

Looking towards getting some Dragons on this game as well really wish the "KickStarter" had have been a bit longer or I would have known so I could have hit it up ^_^.
  • chinmoypborahchinmoypborah Member CommonPosts: 1
    Its a strategy game. It can't be so interesting. You have grab a weapon first and start killing.

• RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Renoaku said:
    RofusEU said:
    Yeah I figured they would have them before long too, will be great to have another game similar to the one that flopped, but with a Truly free economy and likely better than the other too.

Truly loving the developers response with that post too, because I've gotten the same response from every upcoming Video Game developer i've asked the same question to so far, and they even said it's likely due to the country the game came from as well which is why it's failed since Alpha - Release.

Part of the problem with BDO as well because currently I am afk fishing 24/7 in that game still is that there is no free economy so basically every "Cash Shop" cosmetic item you find that people ask and beg for costumes sometimes you really don't want to sell it because you get like (Absolutely Nothing) for doing so due to not having a free economy which makes it hard on the free players to get what they want for free without paying.

Looking towards getting some Dragons on this game as well really wish the "KickStarter" had have been a bit longer or I would have known so I could have hit it up ^_^.
    I hope you noticed that they already opened the store and have some of those early bird pledges available too so you basically didn't miss out on anything ;) Unless you were hoping to get one of those limited top tier pledges that were sold out
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    whats the hype?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201
    edited February 2020
    That minimal action bar— 8 skill AND/OR item slots —makes this a resounding "No thanks." from me.

Just realized this thread hasn't been commented on since 2018(?), so I guess this game is dead.  So why is it still on MMORPG?
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    edited February 2020
    Stormbow said:
    That minimal action bar— 8 skill AND/OR item slots —makes this a resounding "No thanks." from me.

Just realized this thread hasn't been commented on since 2018(?), so I guess this game is dead.  So why is it still on MMORPG?

I just went and checked the official site, they are doing some kind of alpha testings, and letting people that aren't backers in for some of it, to entice people to back them.  I have not done any of it, but went and looked, so guess not dead.
  • FireSteedFireSteed Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2020
    This game has been on my radar for some time and just made the pledge.  Isometric, 2d, low poly 3d graphics games, are more likely to launch, add to that the scope of the game is reasonable, and animation and combat is simple. They don't require so much detail and so are cheaper and faster to produce (good, allows for more content). I've only supported kickstarter games with simpler graphics and they've all released. In the  mmorpg genre, I had pledged to Albion Online, Legends of Aria and Project Gorgon although of the 3 I'm only active in Albion primarily due to a healthy population.
    Post edited by FireSteed on
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    They are doing a free play weekend on the 28th of May through 1 June.   

You can check it out then for yourselves.  Or, a number of people have already done review videos on it from Alpha 2.  
  • DracokalenDracokalen Member UncommonPosts: 8
     I've tested this game since the beginning of alpha.
     I cannot recommend this game. Devs rush stuff out half finished and buggy as hell, patch just enough and move on the next thing.
     Crafting is a grind, then because people would go out in groups and mine gold the devs determined there was too much gold in the system. So instead of addressing the problem they forced crafters to pay gold just to use the equipment they built to make an item.
      This forced crafters to start going out and grinding gold just so they could make an item.  So the people grinding gold in groups keep going and now crafters have to grind more gold just to be able to craft a final item. And I mean a lot of gold!!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I’m not pledging for two reasons:

1. 59 hours to go and still not funded. If they’re having that much trouble...well...
    2. 110K is pocket change and I don’t see any information about how they’ll continue to fund the development to release. Business plan seems woefully non-existent. 

I would love love to see a game like this but there are just too many red flags for me to think it will ever release.
    Gamigo to the rescue!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Stormbow said:

That it is not dead is one reason I imagine.