Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Much of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Has Been Revealed? (Bazgrim video)

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
This is a recent video of Bazgrim (devoted fan) trying to make sense of it all.

In my OPINION,
He's using past videos of live streams to figure out if their is a game behind what developers are showing us.  Again, it's only my interpretation of what Bazgrim is trying to do here.  See for yourself his intentions. 

In my OPINION,
Shouldn't developers be doing this ?........ This is "important" and should not be dismissed.
Developers should be doing this !!!!  

As it stands I can only assume we are only watching "generated programs" where players are loaded in "instead of liner game play".   

Before I take this topic too far... Watch this !

Post edited by delete5230 on
Gdemami

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Rhoklaw said:
    All that video did was prove that Bazgrim knows exactly what we know, lol. As for how much content has been revealed. You could ask that of any crowdfunded game in development right now.

If I were to compare Pantheon's development versus Crowfall or Camelot Unchained, I'd say it's father along in development than either of those and probably Ashes of Creation too.
    True but both Bazgrim and Nathan Napalm goes the extra mile that MOST wouldn't do being devoted fans. 

VR should be filling in the blanks. 
    Gdemami
    DMKano said:
    From the video you linked - at one point the video pauses and bezgrim puts a message in large font over the entire screen

Bingo!

He also mentioned how devs said on several occasions that they deliberately dont want to reveal too much to not ruin the sense of wonder when players play the game themselves 

There you go - your countless posts explained in a nutshell, you can rest now

Also worth mentioning that knowing the % of completion does not mean the game will launch or be successful. 

Pantheon could be 80% complete and never launch 

Ir could be 30% complete now and still manage to launch at some point.

In the end - there are many other factors than just "% completed" that are far more important - like the overall cohesiveness of skills/content/gameplay as well as 3rd party playtest feedback etc... etc...

I mean you could have a 90% completed game that sucks donkey balls and every playtest shows very negative feedback...
    Good post. All this is insightful, 
    To agree more developers could feel building the world is not a big deal to them and they may feel character development could be their main focus.  Powering through building the world could be easy when it comes time. 

Even adding to that, the level of secrecy could be important to them to not spoil things.

BUT, you have to admit..... Developers are pissing people off on the way they keep us informed, and devoted fans have to make us feel better.

Such as what Bazgram is doing..... Making people feel better. 
    Gdemami
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I have followed the development of many mmorpgs, none of which revealed as much as folks clambor for this one to reveal. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    All I will say is temper your expectations for this title. 

I wish more players would temper their expectations for most titles.

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Since I'm practically wearing a ball and chain to my current game (DDO) and considering an affair with PSO2 (don't tell DDO) I really have very little time to indulge in games that are still in development. I just watch what new video comes out and then I pretty much forget about the game.

If it comes out hooray if it does not I will be sad that an Everquest successor has not materialized but I have so many other games I won't mourn it for long. I have nothing invested except a few passing daydreams of reliving Everquest in a nicer looking game.
    lahnmir[Deleted User]Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Rhoklaw said:
    All that video did was prove that Bazgrim knows exactly what we know, lol. As for how much content has been revealed. You could ask that of any crowdfunded game in development right now.

If I were to compare Pantheon's development versus Crowfall or Camelot Unchained, I'd say it's father along in development than either of those and probably Ashes of Creation too.
    There is no way it’s even close to Crowfall.  Crowfall is testing their final patch before Beta.  After that it’s just tweaking.   Now whether what they will launch with will succeed is another debate, but Crowfall is far ahead of all the others including Pantheon in terms of completeness.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Amathe said:
    I have followed the development of many mmorpgs, none of which revealed as much as folks clambor for this one to reveal. 
    I think that’s because it’s the one real PvE game in development.  If Crowfall fails there is CU, if CU fails there is Ashes... etc...

If Pantheon fails I guess the next up is Saga of Lucimia but that is a much more of a hobby project than all the others. 

Also....Brad’s involvement brought certain expectations and attention.  
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

The main jest of this post is two fold:

1-   Bazgrim's  new informative video.

2-   My opinion that Visionary Realms should be offering more hope instead of relying on fans.  Their doing a bad job to the point people are fading away or skeptical if the project is moving forward.

Public relations is awful, It couldn't be worst.  How can you not see this ? 
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    DMKano said:
    From the video you linked - at one point the video pauses and bezgrim puts a message in large font over the entire screen

Bingo!

He also mentioned how devs said on several occasions that they deliberately dont want to reveal too much to not ruin the sense of wonder when players play the game themselves 

Also worth mentioning that knowing the % of completion does not mean the game will launch or be successful. 

In the end - there are many other factors than just "% completed" that are far more important - like the overall cohesiveness of skills/content/gameplay as well as 3rd party playtest feedback etc... etc...

I mean you could have a 90% completed game that sucks donkey balls and every playtest shows very negative feedback...
    To agree more developers could feel building the world is not a big deal to them and they may feel character development could be their main focus.  Powering through building the world could be easy when it comes time. 

Even adding to that, the level of secrecy could be important to them to not spoil things.

BUT, you have to admit..... Developers are pissing people off on the way they keep us informed, and devoted fans have to make us feel better.

You must have been really sad in the 90's when there was maybe an article or two in a couple of magazines before a game launched and you had to make a leap of faith on whether or not you wanted to get the game.

Devs don't owe us anything - they don't owe us a % completion number, they don't owe us to show everything we want to see, they don't owe us all the free PR you are asking for.  Because with a small team, taking the time to show everything you routinely asks for takes time away from developing the game, which ironically, its slow paced nature in development is something you continually cry yourself to sleep over.

You know how sometimes there is a comedy about to be released, and they manage to put all the funny parts in the trailer, and you go to the movies and see the movie and feel disappointed because you pretty much wasted your money because the good parts of the movie were already revealed ? I believe that's what they are trying to avoid with Pantheon.

You act so spoiled.  There were none of those live feeds for successful games of the past...and they managed to be successful.  Whether this game will be successful has 0% to do with the amount of content that is being shown prior to releasing - if it releases.
    Slapshot1188grymmlocke
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

The problem is expectations vary from person to person. There are probably hundreds of gamers waiting for this title that have a hundred different expectations.

I've seen people refer to this as a modernized EQ clone/successor despite the fact Brad/VR has stated repeatedly that is NOT what they are making. Even their own FAQ states this and it's over 3 years old at this point.
    Kyleran
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I developers should talk, but, they can only show what they got.

If they don't have something put in, then they don't have it put in, and think it's best to just show what you have, as opposed to trying to pitch something that might not work out.

Just my feels.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

DMKano said:

Bingo!

You must have been really sad in the 90's when there was maybe an article or two in a couple of magazines before a game launched and you had to make a leap of faith on whether or not you wanted to get the game.

Devs don't owe us anything - they don't owe us a % completion number, they don't owe us to show everything we want to see, they don't owe us all the free PR you are asking for.  Because with a small team, taking the time to show everything you routinely asks for takes time away from developing the game, which ironically, its slow paced nature in development is something you continually cry yourself to sleep over.

You know how sometimes there is a comedy about to be released, and they manage to put all the funny parts in the trailer, and you go to the movies and see the movie and feel disappointed because you pretty much wasted your money because the good parts of the movie were already revealed ? I believe that's what they are trying to avoid with Pantheon.

You act so spoiled.  There were none of those live feeds for successful games of the past...and they managed to be successful.  Whether this game will be successful has 0% to do with the amount of content that is being shown prior to releasing - if it releases.
    Post like this is why I have no respect for this community. 

<quote>
    "you act so spoiled"

Visionary Realms Public relations is in the TOILET !!!!..... Ask any of the millions of fans and hopefuls.  EVERYONE is getting a negative vib. 

It takes a few fans to build hope ?.... Shouldn't this be VR's job. 
    Why are you ignoring this statement? ...... I stated this at least 5X in this post.   

Slapshot1188Sensaigrymmlocke
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    In 2018, VR was actually putting out a decent amount of streams and info during PA4. At the end of 2018, Asmongold called Pantheon dog shit, mostly mocking the graphics and animations. Shortly thereafter VR announced they'd be busy with "Project Faerthale" and went dark for most of 2019. I believe the Asmongold incident made VR gun shy and are waiting for much more polish before showing off gameplay with any regularity. 
    Kyleran
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    edited May 2020
    achesoma said:
    In 2018, VR was actually putting out a decent amount of streams and info during PA4. At the end of 2018, Asmongold called Pantheon dog shit, mostly mocking the graphics and animations. Shortly thereafter VR announced they'd be busy with "Project Faerthale" and went dark for most of 2019. I believe the Asmongold incident made VR gun shy and are waiting for much more polish before showing off gameplay with any regularity. 
    I recall that Asmongold incident. Yeah they weathered it poorly. Probably they have very little to show and are afraid it will do more damage than good. They also cannot afford people. PR is low on their list of concerns and especially when Brad took care of it with his interviews before and with him gone they have even less  to work with. 

I honestly don't think you're going to see anything from all this grousing. They have not responded here and doubt they will. Waste of your time OP. We have no means to give any additional insight. Might be better for you to ask the people who put up the vids for more info.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • TanistTanist Member UncommonPosts: 280

Amathe said:
    I think that’s because it’s the one real PvE game in development.  If Crowfall fails there is CU, if CU fails there is Ashes... etc...

If Pantheon fails I guess the next up is Saga of Lucimia but that is a much more of a hobby project than all the others. 

Also....Brad’s involvement brought certain expectations and attention.  

SoL is much further along though (they are in phase 3 alpha right now) and Honestly, SoL is what I expected Pantheon to be instead of the mainstream chasing project it is now. They also list their Beta to begin in July 2021, and release in 4th Quarter 2021. Also, if you read about their recent additions to the team, you can see they are already gearing up for release. 

Now, does SoL have fancy graphics? Not for mainstream, but it is perfectly acceptable for those who initially were following Pantheon. 

delete5230
    DMKano said:

Bingo!

In the 90's we weren't giving these companies our personal money under the promises of completion. These companies did the leg work, found their investors and produced their work without begging for hand outs. 

Again...

EQ was created with 11 people and within 3 years all having to create their own tools, their own engines, etc... 

This ain't the 90's, and VR is no Verant. 
    delete5230achesoma
    edited May 2020
    Verant had Sony.

EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) originally developed by Verant Interactive and 989 Studios for Windows PCs

989 Studios was a division of Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) that developed games for the PlayStation consoles and Windows personal computers

In April 1998, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was formed by merging parts of Sony Online Ventures with Sony Pictures Entertainment. Within a matter of months after this change, Sony Interactive Studios America was renamed 989 Studios. Towards the end of 1998, 989 Studios shifted its strategy to making PlayStation games. The company's video game and online development branch spun off; John Smedley, Brad McQuaid and Russell Shanks, as well as 55 other ex-989 employees, founded RedEye Interactive, later renamed Verant Interactive.[2]

11 employees ?

So they always had Sony behind them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/breaking-the-internet-the-story-of-everquest-the-mmo-that-changed-everything/
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Verant had Sony.

EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) originally developed by Verant Interactive and 989 Studios for Windows PCs

989 Studios was a division of Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) that developed games for the PlayStation consoles and Windows personal computers

In April 1998, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was formed by merging parts of Sony Online Ventures with Sony Pictures Entertainment. Within a matter of months after this change, Sony Interactive Studios America was renamed 989 Studios. Towards the end of 1998, 989 Studios shifted its strategy to making PlayStation games. The company's video game and online development branch spun off; John Smedley, Brad McQuaid and Russell Shanks, as well as 55 other ex-989 employees, founded RedEye Interactive, later renamed Verant Interactive.[2]

11 employees ?

So they always had Sony behind them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/breaking-the-internet-the-story-of-everquest-the-mmo-that-changed-everything/
    I think that is what Brad said when he talked about it (might even be on these forums he discussed it, that or on the official ones), but it has been a while. Even looking at the bottom article though, it states there were toughly 2 dozen developers. So 24 if we go by that article. 

In the end, 24 people and 3 years? 

How many developers has VR had? How long? Also consider they have a head start with Unity which was supposed to greatly reduce development time as Brad pointed out.

Still not looking good for VR. /shrug

[Deleted User]grymmlocke
    Considering the trickle I would hazard not many.
    Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I was sad to see that video on Crowfall. I really hoped things would be in a better place this long after the initial testing phase.

As to how much of Pantheon has been revealed, I'd say most of it.

Stuff is constantly updated and looks better in each video, but the new features and mechanics shown in patch notes are demonstrated in demos and Cohh streams. There may be a couple of zones we don't know about, but only a fraction of the world they've shown on the map.

On the other hand, I think they are further along in the design and functionality aspects.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    cheyane said:
    Considering the trickle I would hazard not many.
    I'd be very surprised if it was more than 20.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2020
    Sovrath said:

I wish more players would temper their expectations for most titles.

No worries, I'm of the belief most MMORPGs are crap, or will be crap once released so I've got my expectations firmly set to very low. 

Always expect the worst and you can never be disappointed in the outcome.

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The videos say to me what all these videos do, they have done some work but are not ready to launch yet.

How many videos you do is a fine balance. These are better than say CoE where you waited ages for a video and got parkour of all things. Conversely SC has too many videos, there I feel they need to get back to making the game we know they are doing stuff, stop wasting time on videos.