Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valorant Launches June 2

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageValorant Launches June 2

It's official. Valorant is set to launch on June 2. Here are the details shared in the video and accompanying blog.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Valorant, an ugly, unbalanced attempt to be CS:GO and Overwatch with a kernel 0 rootkit anti cheat method which doesnt even prevent cheaters.... all this brought to you by Tencent, a company owned the Chinese government......
    [Deleted User]NephethFolmenAllwynd_01XophChildoftheShadowsRemali
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited May 2020
    Too late. Last games started by riot shows they justs had luck with lol but they cant really make good games from zero even if they just try to copy others. fail. update: please dont report me being toxic I wont buy a new account again.
    Folmen
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259

mussolini said:

Too late. Last games started by riot shows they justs had luck with lol but they cant really make good games from zero even if they just try to copy others. fail.

update: please dont report me being toxic I wont buy a new account again.

So almost 3mil players logging daily while game is not opened for everyone and not worldwide is fail? Interesting thinking...game got bright future, gonna be better and better over time is my take on this
    Allwynd_01Nepheth
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited May 2020
    I actually play the game on a daily basis. I don't know why people complain. It'll hit 60 fps on a microwave running Windows 10. They are targeting the widest audience, read people who play with laptops with integrated GPUs. Which is a huge chunk of CSGO's playerbase, judging by the steam hardware survey.

There are exactly 0 competitive players that play on the highest visual specs. I have a beefy computer, I play single player games and MMOs at the highest graphics, but when I play Overwatch for instance (or valorant in that matter) I am always using lowest possible graphics. Punching 300fps on a 144hz panel is whole another level of smooth.

Also the game's filesize as it currently stands is ... 8gb.

Wanna know the filesize of the latest Call of Duty? 100gbs.

My NVMe drive has limits, but 8gb ain't one. 100gb for 1 title though ... we're having a problem there.
    Around the "kernel 0" driver, which you never heard of before I assume, is the same "tech" that works under PunkBustr, Easy Anti-cheat and plethora of others, including Denuvo AntiCheat (which is different from Denuvo AntiTamper).
    Why do we need those you say? Because your RGB case, mouse and keyboards has shitty drivers which allow cheats to run before normal services and thus tampering traditional anti-cheat software. Remember GameGuard back in Lineage 2 days? Yeah, the easiest shit to disable.
    FolmenAllwynd_01
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    edited May 2020

Valorant, an ugly, unbalanced attempt to be CS:GO and Overwatch with a kernel 0 rootkit anti cheat method which doesnt even prevent cheaters.... all this brought to you by Tencent, a company owned the Chinese government......

[mod edit]
    kertin said:

mussolini said:

Too late. Last games started by riot shows they justs had luck with lol but they cant really make good games from zero even if they just try to copy others. fail.

So almost 3mil players logging daily while game is not opened for everyone and not worldwide is fail? Interesting thinking...game got bright future, gonna be better and better over time is my take on this
    Agreed, I don't even understand the people that hate on this game without even playing it. It's like they wake up every morning with a mission to shit talk the game, as if the game molested them in their sleep and now they are a mad for revenge. xD Nobody is putting a gun to their head forcing them to choose between playing it or dying, yet they feel the need to share their idiotic opinions... Dude, nobody cares if you hate the game and you aren't gonna play it, people have been playing it and having fun, people like to have fun, nobody enjoys a Debbie Downer whose goal in life is to be unhappy and miserable and feeling the need to tell the world about their disappointing existence.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Ozmodan
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited May 2020

[mod edit]

kertin said:

mussolini said:

Agreed, I don't even understand the people that hate on this game without even playing it. It's like they wake up every morning with a mission to shit talk the game, as if the game molested them in their sleep and now they are a mad for revenge. xD

Nobody is putting a gun to their head forcing them to choose between playing it or dying, yet they feel the need to share their idiotic opinions...

Dude, nobody cares if you hate the game and you aren't gonna play it, people have been playing it and having fun, people like to have fun, nobody enjoys a Debbie Downer whose goal in life is to be unhappy and miserable and feeling the need to tell the world about their disappointing existence.

People hate on the game because it's doing well and CHYNA!!! They don't play CS:GO (which uses rootkit anti-cheat) but then compare it to CS:GO. They probably play Overwatch and are so used to mindless arcade style bouncy shooters that they get wrecked in a game where you can't sperg out. These people legitimately think the chinese government has a hand in developing this game, when everyone on the dev team lives in the US. The users of this site are just bone-dry negative about literally everything as shown in posts like these where they attack things they don't understand.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Ozmodan
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Utinni said:

People hate on the game because it's doing well and CHYNA!!! They don't play CS:GO (which uses rootkit anti-cheat) but then compare it to CS:GO. They probably play Overwatch and are so used to mindless arcade style bouncy shooters that they get wrecked in a game where you can't sperg out. These people legitimately think the chinese government has a hand in developing this game, when everyone on the dev team lives in the US. The users of this site are just bone-dry negative about literally everything as shown in posts like these where they attack things they don't understand.

Why are you so offended that people don't like something that you do? That's the real question here. Go play the game and quit being such a little kid about the small things.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Ozmodan
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Yawn
    Ozmodan

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• missegan24missegan24 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited May 2020
    The game is amazing but vanguard shuts down my GFX fans so, RIP
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    edited May 2020

The game is amazing but vanguard shuts down my GFX fans so, RIP

When it officially launches, more people will report issues with Valorant and RIOT will fix them. I was lucky that I don't have any accompanying software that interferes with Vanguard. The game has been running almost flawlessly for me. The only issue is I can only play it as a Borderless Window, if I try to play it Full Screen, it defaults to 1024x768 and refuses to accept my native resolution 1600x900.
    Xoph said:

Utinni said:

Why are you so offended that people don't like something that you do? That's the real question here. Go play the game and quit being such a little kid about the small things. The problem is them talking crap about the game like the game touched them in the no-no area multiple times. Like they got traumatized by the game. That's the problem, and the worst is those people sound like they never played the game, like they don't even play FPS games at all, or maybe some carebear excuse for an FPS where everyone is hugging and praising each other, like Sarcastaball in South Park. And somehow those people are so traumatized by a game they haven't even played or plan on playing, like the game stole their girlfriend, stole their money and apartment and whatever... If they aren't gonna even play it, what's their problem with the game? If they at least played it, they might've had an opinion that's more like "The game is too hard for me, or the community is very mean, or the characters and their abilities don't fit right..." Instead the guy went full dumb-dumb... xD
    Ozmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I wish any fool that buys this game with its onerous copy protection good luck.

kertin
  • supx2supx2 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Ozmodan said:

Buy? it's a f2p game.
    Ozmodan
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    I think it's funny that chat and voice bans are the punishment, when the real punishment in these games is being in the chat and voice in the first place.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    supx2 said:

Ozmodan said:

Buy? it's a f2p game.
    No such thing as a f2p game, you end up paying for it one way or another.

kertin
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259

Ozmodan said:

supx2 said:

Ozmodan said:

Buy? it's a f2p game.

No such thing as a f2p game, you end up paying for it one way or another.

really? Next Riot's games are LoL or LoR, im playing league since closed beta, never bought anything :), so tell me more about "no such thing as a f2p game" :)
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Xoph said:

Utinni said:

Why are you so offended that people don't like something that you do? That's the real question here. Go play the game and quit being such a little kid about the small things.

Why would I be offended? I don't play FPS games. Nice burn though!!
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

I actually play the game on a daily basis. I don't know why people complain. It'll hit 60 fps on a microwave running Windows 10. They are targeting the widest audience, read people who play with laptops with integrated GPUs. Which is a huge chunk of CSGO's playerbase, judging by the steam hardware survey.

There are exactly 0 competitive players that play on the highest visual specs. I have a beefy computer, I play single player games and MMOs at the highest graphics, but when I play Overwatch for instance (or valorant in that matter) I am always using lowest possible graphics. Punching 300fps on a 144hz panel is whole another level of smooth.

Also the game's filesize as it currently stands is ... 8gb.

Wanna know the filesize of the latest Call of Duty? 100gbs.

My NVMe drive has limits, but 8gb ain't one. 100gb for 1 title though ... we're having a problem there.

Around the "kernel 0" driver, which you never heard of before I assume, is the same "tech" that works under PunkBustr, Easy Anti-cheat and plethora of others, including Denuvo AntiCheat (which is different from Denuvo AntiTamper).

Why do we need those you say? Because your RGB case, mouse and keyboards has shitty drivers which allow cheats to run before normal services and thus tampering traditional anti-cheat software.

Remember GameGuard back in Lineage 2 days? Yeah, the easiest shit to disable.

Who would put a Shooter on an NVMe drive, though? Waste of expensive Drive Space. That's why you boot off of NVMe, maybe put an MMO that you play heavily on it, but put everything else on SATA3 SSDs or even fast 7,200 RPM drivers with large cache (e.g. FireCuda). I have 1xNVMe + 2xSATA3 SSDs in my system for this reason. I'd never throw this this or Call of Duty on my NVMe.

I guess if you play on a laptop, things are different, since the bus speeds often are half of what you get on a desktop to save power. That's how it is in my Gaming Laptop, but I don't play games that heavy on that machine, and use it primarily for Content Creation when I am on the road/traveling these days.

I do agree about the anti-cheat software, though. GameGuard was thoroughly ineffective in Lineage II, but did cause constant issues with some peripherals and would throw errors when playing or trying to load the game occasionally. It basically inconvenienced legitimate players while doing nothing to stop the cheaters.

Additionally, I tend to steer away from software that uses it simply because I don't want 5-10 of these things installed on my system. Some of them make it very difficult to uninstall them, even after you've removed all games that use them..
  • LeonardoRodriguezLeonardoRodriguez Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Have there been any updates since then? You know, I thought my most anticipated game was LoL, but when Valorant was released, I was even happier.
  • PaytonShepardPaytonShepard Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2023
    You guys made me remember how excited I was about the launch back then, and I am sure many players are still excited about the game. I know that with any new game, players will always want to get ahead and may consider using boosting services like the one at https://ggboost.com . But I hope that players will also take the time to enjoy the game and progress at their own pace. Do you guys still enjoy playing Volarant? Which game do you like more, LoL or Valorant? I'm really curious to know.
    Post edited by PaytonShepard on