Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Announces Access Fee for Large Patches, Cites 'Increasing Challenge' of Deliveri

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageArcheAge: Unchained Announces Access Fee for Large Patches, Cites 'Increasing Challenge' of Delivering Unchained Version

In a new post on Discord, the ArcheAge Unchained team have announced charging a fee for upcoming large updates, citing the increasing challenge to deliver the Unchained version.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Love ppl who think consumer protection laws mean shit in the video game field. That stems from ppl not reading ToS and EULA. What they are doing is crappy, but it's not much different then wow.
    Folmenalkarionlog

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Leopard doesn't change its spots.
    Tokkendragonlee66

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    This industry is turning to be absolute shit I miss the old days of pure gaming from devs that were
    passionate gamers instead of greedy mothrF***
    [Deleted User]infomatzScotPirrayaFolmendragonlee66Alexander.BTuor7
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Remali said:

This industry is turning to be absolute shit I miss the old days of pure gaming from devs that were

There are plenty of indie developers out there. Start supporting them and send the "big boys" a message.
    McSleazRemalilahnmirinfomatzPirrayadragonlee66

Let's party like it is 1863!

• AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    'Increasing challenge'

.. lol
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Well at least they're not calling them "chapters" :)
    AbimorMcSleazNyghthowlerScot[Deleted User]Celciusretiredmj
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    edited May 2020
    I am out of the loop their getting a new expansion and charging for it where is the problem? They said you will only ever pay once? How are they supposed to keep the game open with no sustained income and make improvements? just to be clear I am not taking their side I just do not understand how anyone expects a game to run on no income.
    IselinAenghasRandomCasualtyFolmensschrupp[Deleted User]ChildoftheShadowsBlacklabelcalidefroststarKyleranand 3 others.
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    DONT BUY THIS GAME PERIOD

PS: TRUST ME
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Abimor said:
    I am out of the loop their getting a new expansion and charging for it where is the problem? They said you will only ever pay once? How are they supposed to keep the game open with no sustained income and make improvements? just to be clear I am not taking their side I just do not understand how anyone expects a game to run on no income.
    Ask them. They're the ones who set up their business model and sold people on their original idea.

If they had said that there would be paid expansions later on that'd be one thing, but they didn't did they?
    ScotChildoftheShadowsBlacklabelcali
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Yeah... Ummm.... Very hard pass
    PirrayaFolmen
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    AA has been a scam since beta. 
    AndrewGoatPirrayaFolmenViper482alkarionlogonelesslight
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I have no intention of trying this as I hated the original iteration, but I had to check this post out because the wording confuses me. Is it a patch, is it a DLC, or is it an expansion? If I were someone playing this, then paying for a patch I would call unacceptable, IE fixes etc. If it's DLC or expansion, I would totally see having to pay for additional content, unless of course it's 95% fixes and 5% content, then I would raise a stink as fixes should be included with what people originally paid for. And for people upset about the pay once wording, you don't have to pay again to keep playing the original content, right? Guild Wars 2, as an example, B2P to begin with, with paid expansions, but you don't have to buy those expansions to play the original content you already paid for.
    AbimorMcSleazsschruppChildoftheShadowsBlacklabelcali
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    This game was a hard pass the minute they announced it. After watching the first round of this mess, I had no interest in ever going thru it again.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    They are using a b2p model so honestly I do not see an issue charging for large expansion like patches.

My issue is the game itself is it polished enough and have enough quality content to be worth paying for. AKA is a few more buggy dailies worth money? In my opinion no, honestly the AAU game is not worth money to even play in its current state.
    FolmenMensur
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's like a bank account. There is a fee for everything.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    cash grab
    PirrayaFolmendragonlee66

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    If the DLC purchase content is purely for grinding MORE gear on top of the other releases, what's the point... ALL of the content that has been released is about grinding more gear, and less about the actual fun of the game. I get KR has been about grind, but AA takes it to another level. There has never been a purely content release.. It has always been about grinding gear.

I played since Alpha, and tried out Unchained in hopes that it would be different.. But with the exploits and crashes and incomplete content it was no different. All exploiters were allowed to keep their gains, and in AA once you're ahead you tend to stay ahead.. Then comes the content blocking.. It has not been New Player friendly either..

Greed is what ruined this game..
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Gruug said:

Remali said:

There are plenty of indie developers out there. Start supporting them and send the "big boys" a message.

Chronicles Of Elyria says HI!
    RemalionelesslightAlexander.B
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Good thing PSO2 is out on pc on the 29th.
    onelesslightzacho56AndrewGoat
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Albatroes said:

Good thing PSO2 is out on pc on the 29th.

not 29, 27th
    TalraekkMensurAlbatroes
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited May 2020
    Gamigo, you do not have to worry about the "expansion" as you already killed your playerbase. If you get more than 100 orders, in the west, for something that probably cost the developer in the range of $500.000 to develop, I would be surprised. At this point you are merely an affiliate program. Nobody in this industry considers you a serious company anymore and I would bet my left nut that Kakao will assimilate some of your employees and shut down your brand forever because they will not risk pushing something on the market with this name on it.
    Take a wild guess and estimate who and how many of you will be out of this industry within the next 12 months? I would say at least 80% of you will ask for government help to buy breed.
    Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Arche Age was a great game, but Trion, and now the new company isn't any better.

They divde the community, made the game entirely Pay 2 Advance, even made many whales quit the game because even the original game just isn't even worth playing due to cash shop, player population, constant server mergers.

Might as well wait for New World / Other MMO's and give them a try.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    You can't expect a company to update a game for nothing, you can expect them to be honest enough to say that's the case.
    ChildoftheShadowsalkarionlogHerithiusKyleran
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    It's all good. they need to get there money from somewhere. Companies must be able to change there business models. You All should grow up :)
  • CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Makes my nipples hard.