Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I had money Build

2»

Comments

• xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,745
    so this is the 5th try to piece together my build and again items have already sold out :(
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,261
    edited May 20
    The X570 is a bit of a waste with your setup. It's really designed for the 12 and 16 core variants using more than 1 GPU. With the 2700x and RX 580 it's just overpriced. Your PSU also doesn't make sense. Your system is going to draw less than 500w. There are only a couple GPUs that could make use of 850w alone and they cost more than your build. You actually lose efficiency when you have a PSU that is rated too high for your intended power draw. Your storage setup is also weird. 3 SSDs and 2 HDDs.
    I would go back to the drawing board personally.

If it were me I would go:
    AMD 3700 CPU
    B550 Mobo micro-ATX (Micro-ATX are typically cheaper than full ATX or mini-ITX)
    16~32 GB 3200mhz Ram
    1 TB nVME probably Sabrent as boot OS/Programs
    SSD carry over with some type of cloud storage for data only.(Personally I wouldn't even include this but you seem to want some type of data backup)
    RX 580 carry over
    500~600w PSU
    Pretty Case
    edited May 20
    I would never build a micro atx . 
    Some of my usb midi controllers are only powered through usb. 
    Before I have the rx580, I ran 7870's in x-fire. 

PSU's are even harder to find in a price I'm willing to play, so I and aiming for 750 -800 watts. 

I also think you missed the news about AMD 4000 series, my build will be ready for 4000 series cpus. 
    Gdemami
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,261
    edited May 21
    The only difference between MicroATX and ATX is the number of available expansion slots from 4 to 6. The ability to x-fire or what expansion slots they have is up to the mobo maker, the chipset, and the CPU.
    You also should build based on what's available at the time of the build. If you are building now it's not for the 4000 series CPUs. If you build when the 4000 series CPUs are released, then that is the time you should plan your build.
    Right now you are just throwing away money on things that don't matter. Realistically, with what you are carrying over from your old computer, you shouldn't be spending more than $600.
    edited May 21
    I don't micro.

Things that don't matter : 

Insuring a upgarad path
    having enough power for usb devices

_____

IF you build computers for now on boards that "may" have upgrade paths, thats great. That is not how I build. My current computer lasted 9 years and that was simply done by adding memory and new graphics card.

sometime, you get wwhat you pay for.. I'm paying 200 dollars less then my orginal build. That is with a 500gig ssd, close loop and new pc tower..